Sign in to follow this  
Swarzey

Western side of the map...

I love, love being able to survive on the land in this game. Even without a camp, just going around killing animals, cooking, sharing with friendly players I meet is enjoyable. It gives me something other than constantly wanting to PvP and be a dick to others. I was excited when Standalone first launched and I roamed the empty north for hours, just imagining what will become of it however, some months later I feel it's far too congested and I fear it could be the standard for any other developments. The one issue, the single thing that bothers me now and bothered me back in the mod (Although out of their control) was the fact that you could run for 3-5 minutes in any direction and find a new town. 

If the map was to expand, and I completely understand it takes a long time to map out and create these areas, I personally would like to see a large area dedicated to more hunting and more unique landscapes perhaps on the western edge of the map. Taller mountains that perhaps can't be walked over, rocky outcroppings that can be both useful but also deadly, deep valleys with a flowing river, wildlife such as herons by other bodies of water, one or two small towns established for deforestation and/or mining abandoned, some cabins spread about that can be boarded up and locked down by the lucky few who claim them and maybe a large castle to top it off so there's some reason for people to go and explore. I always feel a tad nervous when taking shots at animals as there's such a strong possibility that people in towns near by would hear it. It doesn't eliminate this possibility whatsoever and I again understand it, but considering most people I've ran into during my hours are after loot and gearing up, a place where the likelihood of these people hearing the shots is limited while giving people who want to play this playstyle, a "playground" of sorts to do so would be nice. 

A while ago this wouldn't have crossed my mind with the current server population limit, however with the servers set to go well into the 100's (correct me if I'm wrong), I feel players are about to move in land a fair bit more and people like myself will be risking so much more. Of course, this doesn't stop a bandit going in and camping the area, their hunt is completely different. Even if this isn't to cater to people like myself (Yeah, I'll admit it :P ), then at least to make the map seem a little more interesting and visually a bit more appealing, 

Just something I thought of and wondering if others have thought of it and/or like the idea. Cheers.

• Like 7

I couldn't agree more with this post, instead of expanding the map with Chernarus+ they've just cluttered it and packed more stuff in at the expense of wilderness. I hope in the future once they've got all the core gameplay stuff done they expand the map massively, using all of Chernarus potentially.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w647/XTRALarsiano/screenshot20091107at628_zps73fa005e.jpg