Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticRambo

Is the Bandit "Problem" Fixing Itself?

So, after viewing the progression of the community, and countless suggestions of how to balance the survivor / bandit play-styles I think I have started to notice that the two play styles are beginning to balance themselves.

I have definitely noticed that as the bandit problem has increased, so has the quantity and quality of survivor clans and groups. These survivor clans are beginning to find servers they stick to to enable base building and the like. Bandits are beginning to be a less common sight in these servers due to the fact that these clans can easily wipe them out.

I also think it is weeding out the bandits that don't add anything to the game but frustration by camping the new spawn areas, because these bandits thrive on killing inexperienced players. The only bandits that can survive against organized survivors are smart groups who most definitely add to the experience because it is obvious that in a real disaster, there would be small groups of bandits that would pop up.

It really seems that things are beginning to balance themselves. Although I personally always think the balance scale will be in the bandits favor because to make them truly balanced would be to put something into the game that is deemed unrealistic. While by DayZ simply being a game there are uncountable variables that are by their very nature unrealistic.

uhh...what? Everywhere I go, everyone I meet pows me with his piece in the face..unless he has a hatchet or nothing.

My persona is if someone has a weapon ill kill them excluding Melee weapons and crossbow or if there unarmed ill let them live and usually help them.

I met a guy in Cherno the other day and didn't attack me when I stated I was unarmed. He even offered to give me a gun and some food!

Whilst his back was turned, I took his M1911 out of his ALICE pack and shot him in the head with it.

D.T.A.

I met a guy in Cherno the other day and didn't attack me when I stated I was unarmed. He even offered to give me a gun and some food!

Whilst his back was turned' date=' I took his M1911 out of his ALICE pack and shot him in the head with it.

D.T.A.

[/quote']

You are a really nice guy

I met some unarmed guy in Elektro, I helped him to survive...then he found M4, I had just M1911..and we cooperated pretty well.

Whilst his back was turned' date=' I took his M1911 out of his ALICE pack and shot him in the head with it.

D.T.A.

[/quote']

I'll remember to find that guy and find out what your in game name is.

No weapon' date=' shouting on direct comms and i still get killed so no ;)

[/quote']

^ This is the survivor that will never think it's balanced.

You are a moron sir, you need to try something different.

Yea, maybe I am just playing intelligently. I find servers that have large active survivor clans to play on. I avoid an area if I hear gunfire. I wont go into a town if I see dead zombies or players. I also think long and hard about entering an area that I did not trigger the zombies to spawn, obvious indication someone has been there recently. I will typically set there for around 10-15 minutes watching and listening before decided to leave or go in. IDK, just common sense things I guess.

I never approach someone I don't think has a good chance of being friendly. When I do, I sneak up on them and announce my presence as a friendly. I never shoot first, and so far I have not been killing using the above guidelines. I also don't hang around cherno or elektro, I tend to stay up north.

I find servers that have large active survivor clans to play on.

- I play on "The League of Gentlemen" care bear servers

-------------------------------------------------------------

I avoid an area if I hear gunfire.

- I alt+F4 and soil my undergarments when I hear live rounds

I wont go into a town if I see dead zombies or players.

- I find empty servers

I also think long and hard about entering an area that I did not trigger the zombies to spawn, obvious indication someone has been there recently.

- I see zombies in a city and I allow my nubbin to shrivel in fear as I hover in anticipation over the escape key, remembering from muscle memory where the 'abort' button will pop up.

I will typically set there for around 10-15 minutes watching and listening before decided to leave or go in.

- I will cower in fear for 15 seconds until the intensity of the situation blows my mind and I have to exit the game in a rush of adrenaline..

I do enjoy how those people who play like they actually would in real life are the ones who get made fun of, and those who act like complete idiots are the ones who are "playing the game like it was meant to be played."

Who are you to make fun of someone who decides to play the game one way or another. I never said bandits or survivors were superior, simply offering advice to other survivors who don't want to die.

Delicious survivor tears.

I'll see you in Survivor HQ and enjoy the tears even more.

You are an idiot. The guy is playing the game intelligently, thinking before acting, and doing what he is supposed to do in order for him to survive alone. He isn't crying, and changing his words around doesn't make it any more of a qq post.

I'm sure you can find an actual qq post somewhere in these forums. Please feel free to infect that with your stupidity.

You do realise you're play a videogame don't you?

And you're not playing it very well.

The bandit "problem" is the driving force of this mod, if we solve the bandit problem this game will become boring as soon as u get full gear which without the threat of bandits can be optained by farming the barracks in a single day... only why would u need all the weapons when a AKM is one of the most effective weapons when it comes to zombie disposal, and if u just get a water bottle, knife, matches, hatchet u can avoid zombies complately by killng boars and drinking pond water, only then ull be playing some really perverse version of the sims... and not dayz

I take this game from exactly what it is, a 'survival' game. You have something I want, I say and do anything to put you at ease until I have the edge and can take it from you. Unfortunately, this is life.

Get used to it.

The bandit "problem" is the driving force of this mod' date=' if we solve the bandit problem this game will become boring as soon as u get full gear which without the threat of bandits can be optained by farming the barracks in a single day... only why would u need all the weapons when a AKM is one of the most effective weapons when it comes to zombie disposal, and if u just get a water bottle, knife, matches, hatchet u can avoid zombies complately by killng boars and drinking pond water, only then ull be playing some really perverse version of the sims... and not dayz

[/quote']

Not really the bandits would just have to find a to out think survivors and whole servers set up to be anti-bandit... Its not about solving the issue just making bandit play less optimal than it already is.

I do enjoy how those people who play like they actually would in real life are the ones who get made fun of' date=' and those who act like complete idiots are the ones who are "playing the game like it was meant to be played."

Who are you to make fun of someone who decides to play the game one way or another. I never said bandits or survivors were superior, simply offering advice to other survivors who don't want to die.

[/quote']

I doubt most of us DayZ bandits would kill every single human we saw if an actual zombie outbreak occured, if that's what you meant ... You can't compare killing someone in real life to doing it in a videogame.

The way the game is now (since they removed the bandit skin) you basically wont live very long playing on your own. Everyone shoots everyone.

The only way to progress in the game is to team up. Luckily I know 2 players who have a shitload of gear that Im teaming up with today.

If someone has a nice gun, but so i do i, do i really want there gun? if not then no point in killing them. Ill let them go but if i feel the need to team i will.

Its all about can you do this by yourself or do i need to team? i personally solo a lot but when i do team i never backstab as i play the game how i would in life which is why i probably enjoy this game a lot more then normal games since i feel a lot more connected and nervous in every interaction i make, hell i watched some dude at the airfield for 15 mins wondering if i should attack or let go, i let him go.

Then i started wondering how many times has this happened to me without me ever knowing? I really think bandits keep the game going, but i think its the survivors that make the game good.