Sign in to follow this  
Borges (DayZ)

Artifacting on gtx 970 anyone?

Only on this game, I seem to notice about a 4 inch long, 1 inch high block of pixellated blurry artifacting at the bottom right hand corner of my 1080 screen. Anyone else seeing this? Most noticable when sitting in pine trees, or in industrial buildings.

I run heaven 4.0 extreme benchmark perfectly fine no artifacts, 65fps score of 1636, so I know it's not my card.

It's not always there, like in first image.

FlBBbU.png

X1YQoP.png

<_<

Edited by Borges

I had weird artifacting in the mod with a different card. Try messing with your AA. That fixed it for me.

• Like 2

Been having the same issue recently with my R9 280x

I had weird artifacting in the mod with a different card. Try messing with your AA. That fixed it for me.

I'll give it a go next time it plays up.

• Like 1

Might be from a recent patch, although it's in both .49 and .50 experimental.

Edited by Borges

32 or 64bit sys?

64bit, included some screenshots. Tried lowering AA, HDR settings, ambient occlusion, activating flush, etc. Nothing worked. It looks like this when sitting inside pine trees and other buildings too. 

Edited by Borges

If playing with the AA doesn't fix it there was a thread for the mod that helped me fix mine, not sure it will work for the SA but it might be worth a look.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/79234-potential-graphical-artifacting-fixes/

Tried all of this, but thanks for posting.

This was not there with my gtx670 however it is with the 970. What's strange though is that every other game runs fine and there are no artifacts in benchmarks. My card is overclocked but even at default factory clocks it is still there, so I know it's not the overclock.

Edited by Borges