Sign in to follow this  
MaxTheSurvivor

Silent Zombies?

Did anyone else noticed that Zs are not making any noise anymore? I haven't played since last thursday and today I played quite a while and had numerous server restarts (I even stopped the application after logging off), but none of the Zs I met were making the usual growl. Fortunately I haven't been hit once but I only managed to detect them because of their footsteps when they were close to me.

Thanks for the info dude, I thought I messed up as hearing footsteps but no growling usually means you have a player on your six only to realize it was one of these morons that lost his fight against infection.

I've encountered some Z's that make no noise, but not all of them.  And it has only happened recently, so yeah, you're not alone.

Try verify cashe on your side, or jump in to exp and back into normal. It helped with the "no message recieved" count down happening every 10 minutes, now it happens less often.

has been know to happen on occasion, worst time used to be at night, in the pitch dark when you'd just hear the footsteps running at you..