Beve

Noob question about servers and loot

Hi,

When I did some research i saw that servers on the public hive can only be started and stopped by admins and they can ban users for hacking or exploits.

When I go through the server list, I see lots of servers in the public hive who are advertised as high loot or dynamic loot or +200% militairy loot?

Is this false advertisement or do these servers actually have more loot?

If so how do they do it and are they allowed to do it?

My apologies if i'm missing something here and am completely wrong!

Kind regards,

Beve

• Like 1

It's false advertising, most of these admins lie to get people to join their server.

Some other admins put "ONLY NIGHT TESTING NO LOOT" to prevent people from joining their server, so they can loot alone safely.

Both are actually breaking private server rules.

• Like 2

It's false advertising, most of these admins lie to get people to join their server.

Some other admins put "ONLY NIGHT TESTING NO LOOT" to prevent people from joining their server, so they can loot alone safely.

just as i thought! Thanks for your response!

So let me get this right people that say high loot servers are just lying?

what about the persistence? do all servers have that on or is that a feature you can turn on and ofF?

High loot servers are usually reset every 2-4 hours.

Compared to a server that resets every 24 hours that would be considered high loot.

Edited by Dazinth

I always thought of "high loot" servers as restarting more frequently. Thats why I avoid them like the plague.

Compared to a server that resets every 24 hours that would be considered high loot.

servers that have "400% LOOT" in their name are the liers I'm talking about.

So let me get this right people that say high loot servers are just lying?

what about the persistence? do all servers have that on or is that a feature you can turn on and ofF?

Persistence is ON on all official servers, private server admins have the options to turn them OFF or ON, I'd highly recommend to set up your tents on an official server because most of the time it's still lies. I personally lost a tent to a private server with "Persistence ON" in their description :/

servers that have "400% LOOT" in their name are the liers I'm talking about.

Persistence is ON on all official servers, private server admins have the options to turn them OFF or ON, I'd highly recommend to set up your tents on an official server because most of the time it's still lies. I personally lost a tent to a private server with "Persistence ON" in their description :/

Thanks, i'll be sticking to offical servers from now on :)

how can you find an official server?

Well...every stable server I've played in usually restart every 2, 3 or 4 hours. All except experimentals, but they crash every hour anyway. Something like 95% of all stable servers does not give warning before restarting, and some of them even say it in the description while you log in: "server restart every X hours without warning". I assumed it was the norm.

The most "serious" server I've played in have a restart every 8 hours...I'd like to play in something that does not reset every minutes, someone can give me a list of those servers?

Also, some admins named the servers "join - character reset"

Your character can't get reset if you join a server, of course.

What bothers me about this is that i see those servers every day. Why doesn't reporting them work?

I generally wouldn't care, but it's pissing me off for some reason unknown to me

Actually this is a good thread as I've never really bothered reading up on servers and the mechanics of servers.

Currently I'm on a low pop server which I like as the ping is always pretty good. It belongs to a large gaming clan and advertizes 3 hour restarts.

I'm been logging in and out of the game on this same server for close to 8 hours and yet nothing has been "restarted" the loot remains the same.

It isn't a persistent server. So do servers have to be manually restarted or is it automatic when the host decides to set a time?

First time I've noticed this on any server as I usually keep to using a couple.