Finchtastic

Any fixes?

When I first Dl'd and played .49, I felt as though it was totally unplayable.  Not by anything they added, but it seemed like the devs just totally broke the game.  The glitches in previous patches were worse than before, there are new glitches everywhere, the new features are glitched...It just seems like everything is glitched...I've played probably 10 hours on .49 and it's awful...I like where they are going, but it's just so ridiclously glitchy it's hardly worth playing. I had a much better time playing .48, with or without the dupes and hackers.  I was just wondering if they had fixed any issues yet, since 2 weeks have passed since I've played.

Alpha. Thats all im gonna say. The struggle is useless to make people understand that this game is a work in progress and not a finished product.

• Like 3

Alpha. Thats all im gonna say. The struggle is useless to make people understand that this game is a work in progress and not a finished product.

You can say whatever you want, but you have completely missed the point...If you don't have anything useful or constructive to say, then please refrain from comment.  We all know this is in alpha, we see it every f@$#*ng we turn the game on.  My question was if they had fixed any of the blunders that came with the new patch, because the LAST patch was exponentially less glitchy.  Logic dictates that when you move forward, you make progress.  This is the opposite and since WE ARE IN ALPHA, they should be actively fixing these issues and my question was if they had, since I have not logged on in 2 weeks.  Thanks for nothing, except the misguided attempt at making me feel like an idiot for asking a legitimate question. 

• Like 2

The biggest fix you can have for dayz is learning to not play it. It's not finished and until it is you can't complain about the issues. Also if your thinking of playing experimental to see if it is any better DON'T.

Also .50 that is in experimental does not adress any of the issues in .49 so the answer to your question is no there are no fixes.

Edit : Yet 

Edited by anotherdeadhero
  • Like 1

The biggest fix you can have for dayz is learning to not play it. It's not finished and until it is you can't complain about the issues. Also if your thinking of playing experimental to see if it is any better DON'T.

Also .50 that is in experimental does not adress any of the issues in .49 so the answer to your question is no there are no fixes.

Edit : Yet 

Thank you for an actual answer.  Also, anything you percieve as a complaint, is simply just a justification or a background for the question I asked, so it had a clear context.

• Like 1

Code is a funny thing. I don't code anything this complex, but I do work with a much older form called Mushcode as a hobby. Knowing the system perfectly, it is still at times unpredictable how one mistake out of thousands of lines of code will affect the whole. If multiple aspects share the same core code set, tweeking to fix one problem often creates two more. That's kind of how I see things with this. They tweek the code to allow this or that. They adjust it to fix this problem over here. If it works, it may only work partially. Even if it does work all the way, it may suddenly break several other things connected to it.

Add to this the complications of having different teams and it can be a real pain. In my own experiences, making something way beyond anything else out there usually involves doing a lot of backtracking and fixing that take way longer than the people around you. Sure, someone else could bust out something quickly by plugging in a few aspects to a pre-existing engine, but to do something really unique, everything is from the ground up. Some of the best games I have seen took extra time because they were doing something unique and had to get the system perfect before they were willing to move into beta stages.

• Like 1

Code is a funny thing. I don't code anything this complex, but I do work with a much older form called Mushcode as a hobby. Knowing the system perfectly, it is still at times unpredictable how one mistake out of thousands of lines of code will affect the whole. If multiple aspects share the same core code set, tweeking to fix one problem often creates two more. That's kind of how I see things with this. They tweek the code to allow this or that. They adjust it to fix this problem over here. If it works, it may only work partially. Even if it does work all the way, it may suddenly break several other things connected to it.

Add to this the complications of having different teams and it can be a real pain. In my own experiences, making something way beyond anything else out there usually involves doing a lot of backtracking and fixing that take way longer than the people around you. Sure, someone else could bust out something quickly by plugging in a few aspects to a pre-existing engine, but to do something really unique, everything is from the ground up. Some of the best games I have seen took extra time because they were doing something unique and had to get the system perfect before they were willing to move into beta stages.

Very understandable, really puts into perspective the challenges the team faces.  That being said, as professionals, I would assume when you take one step forward but 3 steps back, it would make sense to rectify the issue as quickly as possible so you can return to adding to the game as quickly as possible.  I get that it's kind of trial and error, but I was hopeful that they would have at least identified the issues by now.

You can say whatever you want, but you have completely missed the point...If you don't have anything useful or constructive to say, then please refrain from comment.  We all know this is in alpha, we see it every f@$#*ng we turn the game on.  My question was if they had fixed any of the blunders that came with the new patch, because the LAST patch was exponentially less glitchy.  Logic dictates that when you move forward, you make progress.  This is the opposite and since WE ARE IN ALPHA, they should be actively fixing these issues and my question was if they had, since I have not logged on in 2 weeks.  Thanks for nothing, except the misguided attempt at making me feel like an idiot for asking a legitimate question. 

beta is for bug squashing. give it two more years.

• Like 2

I guess to the player it seems like 1 step forward and 2 steps back....but to the developers its:

We have just added 5 new modules to the game

We had X number of modules in the game in 0.48, and now we have X+ 5 in 0.49.  

The amount of bugs are irrelevant.  They will deal with game breaking bugs and bugs which can be easily fixed with little effort.  

If they spend 2 weeks fixing a bug, then the next module they add to the development breaks that bug fix, thats 2 weeks wasted time right there.  If they know that a whole new module is coming along in 2 months time to replace old modules, its a total waste of development time to spend 2 weeks fixing said bugs.

If they just continue to add module after module then deal with the bugs after they are all in, you will get your completed game months, if not years earlier this way.

The reason why so many people bleat on about it being an alpha, is because so many people fail to realise that this is what happens in alpha.  This is not a game.  Its a game in development.  

I really dont think we would be happy if they did this:

Fixing every bug as it arises: Add>Fix>Add>Fix>Add>Fix>Add>Fix>Add>Fix

Fixing bugs periodically at the correct time to do so: Add>Add>Add>Add>Fix>Add>Add>Add>Fix

From the first example you can see that we added 5 modules and fixed them every time they were added.

From the second example you can see that we added 7 modules and fixed them at the appropriate juncture when it was essential that they were fixed.

Edited by Beav
  • Like 3

There were some recent fixes placed with the .49 hotfix.  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211680-hotfix-stable-049124972/

-Fixed a server crash caused by ragdoll

-Fixed a server crash and persistance corruption

-Map changes

-Persistance is enabled again by default on official servers. And is available as an opt in for all servers.

Wether these are what your were looking for in terms of progression towards your outlook in fixes is completely case by case.  I have been locked into experimental and have not had many issues then again I understand what I am going for when I opt into it.  As a few others have stated some new things break other things which get tweaked throughout the process to optimize a balance.  I would follow the announcements until you see something that satisfies the changes you are looking for.  If your are having issues you think need to be addressed never hesitate to place a notation in the bug tracker http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php  and see if others are having the same issues to get it upvoted with a ticket number.  This will the issues better identified and addressed.

Best Regards,

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Idk, I just figured entire buildings disappearing while you're in them and not being able to respawn/respawning to your previous, just-before-death state would pretty big glitches.  I guess it makes sense to do it all and then fix it, hadn't really thought of it like that.  I also didn't mean that they should fix every single glitch that arises, immediately.  But on the other hand, I remember reading the reports 2 or 3 weeks prior to the .49 launch, they spent a lot of time bugfixing all sorts of things, apparently.  Then they release .49 and it's even buggier than it was before.  It really seems like they halfway broke the game lol. 

• Like 1

Idk, I just figured entire buildings disappearing while you're in them and not being able to respawn/respawning to your previous, just-before-death state would pretty big glitches.  I guess it makes sense to do it all and then fix it, hadn't really thought of it like that.  I also didn't mean that they should fix every single glitch that arises, immediately.  But on the other hand, I remember reading the reports 2 or 3 weeks prior to the .49 launch, they spent a lot of time bugfixing all sorts of things, apparently.  Then they release .49 and it's even buggier than it was before.  It really seems like they halfway broke the game lol. 

Agreed those are some report worthy issues some which are noted already in the bug tracker.  I understand the feeling of just wanting to jump right in but having some game altering issues can make it hard to put in as much time.  Stay positive and follow the dev tracker/announcements as best you can until you see what your looking for.  If you have any other issues or concerns never hesitate to send Amberhelios or I a pm to see if we can help you in any way.

• Like 1

There were some recent fixes placed with the .49 hotfix.  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211680-hotfix-stable-049124972/

Wether these are what your were looking for in terms of progression towards your outlook in fixes is completely case by case.  I have been locked into experimental and have not had many issues then again I understand what I am going for when I opt into it.  As a few others have stated some new things break other things which get tweaked throughout the process to optimize a balance.  I would follow the announcements until you see something that satisfies the changes you are looking.  If your are having issues you think need to be addressed never hesitate to place a notation in the bug tracker http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php  and see if others are having the same issues to get it upvoted with a ticket number.  This will the issues better identified and addressed.

Best Regards,

Steak.

if you look on troubleshooting forum, you find a LOT of topics with one problem, which is makes this game completely unplayable last 2+ weeks (lol, 2 weeks!)

Too many ppl with 32bit systems cant playing in this game now and CANT testing too

Edited by kasseta
  • Like 1

if you look on troubleshooting forum, you find a LOT of topics with one problem, which is makes this game completely unplayable last 2+ weeks (lol, 2 weeks!)

Too many ppl with 32bit systems cant playing in this game now and CANT testing too

This really disappointed me. After 6 months one of my new friends finally upgraded his potato a bit. He told me that once he upgraded he would start playing DayZ so I bought him a copy. Turns out he is still running 32-bit Windows because he can't afford a new license yet. Guess what? DayZ crashes every single time after about 5-15 minutes.

I agree this is absolutely the case in alot of ways, however the troubleshooting subfourm vs a proper bugtracker ticket makes a greater difference to get the proper attention it needs.