Sign in to follow this  
pale1776

Graphics Help...

I have an Asus X200CA, and frankly I always thought 15 fps was normal XD

Many of you know me, but truth is Im not a PC PRO FO LYFE kinda person, I play DayZ cause its fun. As I type, I hit each key with my index finger, thats how computer impaired I really am. 

So, does anyone have any advise for my graphics? Thanks.

I have an Asus X200CA, and frankly I always thought 15 fps was normal XD

Many of you know me, but truth is Im not a PC PRO FO LYFE kinda person, I play DayZ cause its fun. As I type, I hit each key with my index finger, thats how computer impaired I really am. 

So, does anyone have any advise for my graphics? Thanks.

Just search for it on youtube. There is a ton of quick tutorials on how to get the best out of your graphics.

According to ASUS' site you're running an i3-3217U (2012 1.8Ghz dual-core) and integrated graphics. 15 FPS actually sounds pretty good considering you're nowhere near the min. requirements.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Thanks Mos1ey, I dunno how specs work and whats better than what. And thanks Jarhead, but I dont know how to read specs and such.

On a bad server I get 10-15, average is 20-25, the best I had was 30 on a vanilla server.

But in singleplayer, I put it all on high and get 30-35 so I think its a server problem.

Well thanks guys, Ill read up on what works and how

Thanks Mos1ey, I dunno how specs work and whats better than what. And thanks Jarhead, but I dont know how to read specs and such.

On a bad server I get 10-15, average is 20-25, the best I had was 30 on a vanilla server.

But in singleplayer, I put it all on high and get 30-35 so I think its a server problem.

Well the absolute minumum requirements for DayZ as specified by the developers are a 2.4Ghz dual-core CPU with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. You're running a 1.8Ghz with Intel HD 4000.

Personally, I wouldn't really recommend that someone buy the game unless they were running at least a quad-core CPU at a least close to 3Ghz with a decent dedicated graphics card.

• Like 1

I think you´re confusing graphics frames per second and server frames per second...

in a really small nutshell...

Graphic FPS - what your graphics card squeezes out this moment (determined by your gfx card performance)

Server FPS - how many updates per second your client gets from the server (determined by server performance)

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 1

Well, I cant complain bout 20-30 fps on singleplayer since I use editor to record on youtube lol.

I was just wonderin why I could crank it to high and very high on SP with good frames and suck on a server. I think the link exolains it though, thanks fellows.