gcriseightysix

Trouble finding tents sonce .49 stable patch

So I've been having trouble finding a tent since the .49 stable update and I'm wondering if I may be looking in the wrong places. I found one about a week before the character wipe and barely had time to use it. I have been checking castles and misc. feedshacks as that's where tents are listed on the dayzdb map. If anyone has any tips or new spawn locations, I'd greatly appreciate it

I have yet to find one myself!! I would love to set up a camp somewhere someday,, with a tent and a fireplace.. would be awesome!

Since the best locations are the once nobody knows about,, what "hidden locations" are commonly used/checked?

Edited by kimmaz
  • Like 1

yeah its been a tough go, hopefully I can find one soon I have a sweet spot for it im excited to see it all set up

well almost all servers I use I have the same character. I think the "least used" server with my character on, would be the best location for a camp? idk haha,, this isnt the mod,, you can loot on one server, store it on another, play with your mates on a 3rd and be a lone wolf on the 4th all with the same character and gear :D

Try apartment buildings too. I know it's tedious, Bring a book and leave a page in every room you check so you'll know where you already looked.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

The tall apartment buildings above balota, the ones you have to climb up the elevator shaft, can confirm spawns there.

• Like 1

The tall apartment buildings above balota, the ones you have to climb up the elevator shaft, can confirm spawns there.

the smaller ones spawn them too, I found one in one in Novo
  • Like 1

In the last dev stream Brian put it best when asked why tents aren't spawning in castles and feedshacks: this early in development it is presumptuous to think loot spawns will stay the same. I'm honestly not sure where they spawn right now, but you can probably stop checking feedshacks. :P

• Like 1

In the last dev stream Brian put it best when asked why tents aren't spawning in castles and feedshacks: this early in development it is presumptuous to think loot spawns will stay the same. I'm honestly not sure where they spawn right now, but you can probably stop checking feedshacks. :P

they spawn in the big appartment-buildings in the citites over cherno (Dubky & co)

• Like 2

the smaller ones spawn them too, I found one in one in Novo

which apartments? like which end of novo? (north, south east or west?)

Edited by Helix2000

Try apartment buildings too. I know it's tedious, Bring a book and leave a page in every room you check so you'll know where you already looked.

Never knew you could do that with a book! Thanks 

• Like 1

which apartments? like which end of novo? (north, south east or west?)

West end.
  • Like 1

I haven't found a tent yet in any build, not even when they first introduced them. So to be honest I haven't noticed much of a difference.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#3.061.082;item=Tent

So I've been having trouble finding a tent since the .49 stable update and I'm wondering if I may be looking in the wrong places. I found one about a week before the character wipe and barely had time to use it. I have been checking castles and misc. feedshacks as that's where tents are listed on the dayzdb map. If anyone has any tips or new spawn locations, I'd greatly appreciate it

No it isn't ;)

Edited by Sammi79

I'd like to thank everyone for the tips, just found one in tenement buildings in west Novo, so pumped.

Gonna go there now then to look for it. Any particular spot?

Also, the wiki says that they are very tall(6 slots), can i carry them in my hand to another server?

yes you can carry in hands, if they are packed with nothing inside

found my first tent today, spawned in at kamy and while looting around found a tentin the forested area behind the police station. apparently someone was using it as a bank for police station server hopping goods because i am now pretty well geared and got to run off with a tent to hide somewhere better (i hope)

They usually spawn in that room with the green couch on the first floor of apartment buildings.