LimeMobber

One plus to .49

The current stable version can drive you nuts. I get horrible lag on low ping servers with my 60mb internet, I get zombies whacking through walls or knocking me through walls, I have weird problems where I cannot get loot. The environment is more like Siberia than Eastern Europe.

But there is a silver lining.

I played last night for a couple hours. Died once fairly quick, just did not find the loot to survive.

The second time though it was epic, I am now geared enough to survive, warm jacket, weapon, food, ammo, an axe, a fireplace kit, lumber. There is a much larger sense of accomplishment if you survive.

Also have to say I really like that the new survival element requires you to carry different gear. I am now carrying a spare warm jacket and a raincoat in case I need either of them. It is no longer really a long-term survival option to carry about 4 guns and ammo for all of them.

It is rather odd that chopping down a tree with an axe will nearly destroy the axe, what are the local trees made of anyway.

Edited by LimeMobber

In Mother Chernarus, tree fells you!

• Like 1

I think 0.49 is much more stable than its predecessor. I'm enjoying this build a bunch and I can only look forward with excitement at the next update.  :thumbsup:

Ironwood.

Stalinwood!

Btw those server crashes need fixing same as temperature behaving weirdly (well clothed folks getting cold status).

Except of this I like that game got harder. 

Btw I do wonder, if that respawn loot system really works?

So many times you find just useless shit, which makes me wonder, if loot respawns at all?

Edited by Hombre

Hombre, on 01 Oct 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Stalinwood!

Btw those server crashes need fixing same as temperature behaving weirdly (well clothed folks getting cold status).

Except of this I like that game got harder. 

Btw I do wonder, if that respawn loot system really works?

So many times you find just useless shit, which makes me wonder, if loot respawns at all?

I do not think it does, or the respawn timer is set to such a large number that it is basically irrelevant.

I do not think it does, or the respawn timer is set to such a large number that it is basically irrelevant.

Or the requierements are too hard to meet, so it does no trigger?

But yeah, not sure new stuff spawns....

It is rather odd that chopping down a tree with an axe will nearly destroy the axe, what are the local trees made of anyway.

I do think the rate of ruin on axes is far out of control compared to reality (but maybe that's to prevent us from deforesting all of the world?). I also think that the rate of hypothermia is a little out of control too. But then again, it is a game... maybe the question we need to ask is what are those Russian axes made out of? Aluminum and balsa wood?

Death By Crowbar, on 01 Oct 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

I do think the rate of ruin on axes is far out of control compared to reality (but maybe that's to prevent us from deforesting all of the world?). I also think that the rate of hypothermia is a little out of control too. But then again, it is a game... maybe the question we need to ask is what are those Russian axes made out of? Aluminum and balsa wood?

Would be cool if they had chopping down trees destroy a fire ax quickly but an actual wood cutting ax much slower. Make you chose the better ax for trees or the better ax for zombies.

Hypothermia is out of whack, I was running around on a down jacket, one of those hats with the ear coverings, autumn pants, and nice boots and I would still get the cold indicator any time I spent more than a few seconds in the shade of the forest.

• Like 1

The environment is more like Siberia than Eastern Europe.

Play on Vilayer servers. They are nice and warm :)

I wouldnt mind the rate of damage on an axe so much if sharpening it returned it to worn status rather than the damaged it does now.( oh and they made different sized rocks to carry 4 slots is way to large for something you carry to sharpen your axe /machete.

Honestly, as long as you stay fed you don't need to carry around a bunch of different shirts. Personally, I do carry extra coats in case I find a freezing bambi or one of my friends needs one, but you can get by just wearing a gorka jacket all the time or even a wool coat. As long as you stay fed and make a fire if you start to get down to freezing you'll be just fine. Being cold is okay.