Sign in to follow this  
sachad

How I will determine my playing style from now on

Instead of sticking with the same playing style for all my characters, I've decided to change things up a bit. I'm going to take a small tin, fill it with little notes that say Bandit, Psychopath, Coward, Lone Wolf, Hero, Murderer and Survivor, and pick one blindly whenever I die.

-Bandit: Will hold people at gunpoint and rob them of any valuables he needs. Will not kill at a whim, only if victims do not comply.

-Psychopath: Will toy with people, frightening them and attempting to kill them with random melee weapons, with some disregard for personal safety, but trying to make it at least an amusing death for the victim.

-Coward: Will hide most of the time, actively avoiding other players and zeds for as long as possible, and running like hell if he is spotted.

-Lone Wolf: Probably the most neutral character. Will not actively hunt or avoid people, but will not work together with anyone. Only kills when threatened.

-Hero: Will actively try to assist survivors in need, and hunt down bandits when he can, or providing protection for poorly-armed survivors.

-Murderer: Self-explanatory. Kill on sight, regardless of threat level.

-Survivor: Take to the woods and survive 'off the land', though may venture into towns if surviving in the woods proves difficult at times.

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 9

Very cool idea. i often find myself playing a hero. but that would be a nice change of pace,also to add randomness. Would you change your handle too? To go along with those personas?

Haven't thought of that, really, but I don't think I will. I'm terrible at thinking up names anyway :P

I can't help but be a lone wolf. My friends who play don't play so much anymore and I don't trust you interwebs people :p

I can't help but be a lone wolf. My friends who play don't play so much anymore and I don't trust you interwebs people :P

But I said "I'm friendly" like nine times. My cat jumped on my keyboard, I didn't mean to unload my whole drum mag at you.

• Like 1

After meeting a very amusing person in Gorka today, I have decided to add another 'class' to my roster:

-Russian Businessman: Pristine color-match tracksuit, pristine white trainers, pristine flat cap, pristine aviators, baseball bat. Will predominantly hang around in cities, loitering in front of restaurants. May on occasion be found 'locked up' inside a police station. Will be very appreciative of people busting him out, but his temper remains volatile at best. Will literally kill for Kvass.

This one will come to fruition once persistance is dependable. He will trade in weapons and ammunition, as well as military clothing.

• Like 1

Instead of sticking with the same playing style for all my characters, I've decided to change things up a bit. I'm going to take a small tin, fill it with little notes that say Bandit, Psychopath, Coward, Lone Wolf, Hero, Murderer and Survivor, and pick one blindly whenever I die.

-Bandit: Will hold people at gunpoint and rob them of any valuables he needs. Will not kill at a whim, only if victims do not comply.

-Psychopath: Will toy with people, frightening them and attempting to kill them with random melee weapons, with some disregard for personal safety, but trying to make it at least an amusing death for the victim.

-Coward: Will hide most of the time, actively avoiding other players and zeds for as long as possible, and running like hell if he is spotted.

-Lone Wolf: Probably the most neutral character. Will not actively hunt or avoid people, but will not work together with anyone. Only kills when threatened.

-Hero: Will actively try to assist survivors in need, and hunt down bandits when he can, or providing protection for poorly-armed survivors.

-Murderer: Self-explanatory. Kill on sight, regardless of threat level.

-Survivor: Take to the woods and survive 'off the land', though may venture into towns if surviving in the woods proves difficult at times.

I do all this in one life, you can meet me in electro and i will give you ammo for your gun and a few cans of peaches, meet me in cherno ten minutes later and i will handcuff you and make you do awful, unspeakable things. Best of both worlds and i don't even have to die.

That's really just being a psychopath, isn't it? Or a serious mental case in the broad term.

I don't believe in people who say they play a certain way, I've met people who insist they're heroes only to find out they use the term "Hero" to justify killing other people who are "Bandits". I truly believe that no one sticks to being either a Hero or a Bandit all the time, even if you commit to one playstyle per spawn, your never truly one or the other, hell I'll shoot anyone who looks threatening or has something I want or need, then in the next town over I'll talk some person up or go looting with them, after playing the Standalone for well over 1300+ hours, I've come to the conclusion that playing the Good/Bad/Neutral guy never sticks, and you simply react to however the situation dictates.

• Like 1

Well apart from the Psychopath, all these characters still have survival as their main goal. Hero or not, if you try to pull a fast one on me, it's kill or be killed. And if my psycho dies, so be it... at most I'll lose an axe and a payday mask anyway.

I like that idea. I might have to try something like this at some point. If you got rid of coward you could use a d6.