Sign in to follow this  
captain_finnish

Beware of the Cherno snipers

Yesterday me and my friends were cleaning out the Cherno from snipers and we noticed that there are a lot of people camping on top of the huge thing with barrelthingies on the side in middle of the city. We killed many snipers from there and as we changed the server, there was a sniper again. We kind of killed him too and after that, his friends were attempting to avenge him.

Anyways! When you are at the Cherno, always look for snipers on top of that thing. If you are looting that area (firestation, police station etc.) you are a very easy target. From that spot you can see the whole Cherno and all those hotspots are very near (like 200-300m). It is actually pretty tactical spot too since there is only one ladder where you can climb up there.

Yup, that's been a hot spot for snipers since early on in the mod. I'd say it was used as much as Elektro's sniper hill.

• Like 2

The spot on the tallest structure in Cherno is well observed from tenement buildings in Chapaevsk and Novoselky. Of course, if it is the same structure described.

Also be aware of ladders in general...and edges too

Heeeyyy :( I am just trying to tell new players about this spot

The spot on the tallest structure in Cherno is well observed from tenement buildings in Chapaevsk and Novoselky. Of course, if it is the same structure described.

I think you know what I am talking about. It is just that its like 700m from Novoselky so it is not easy to hit those snipers. Other thing is too that they can go behind the wall on top of that structurething. Although I have killed one sniper that has camped there from Novoselky, it was not an easy shot especially since he was prone.

Well yeah its best to have a squad chances are you may have ran into our crew we typically have 4 people 2 for the yello 2 for the blue spotter and sniper for both and then we have sometime 2 maybe 4 other people running a ground op in cherno pretty tactical op.But now people are getting smart some people are freakin good at sniping and they sit way out in the apartment buildings to the north of cherno and countersnipe so now we need more so we can run ops into those locations.

Heeeyyy :( I am just trying to tell new players about this spot

Yeah my tip too new players is get the hell off the coast as soon as you spawn the biggest mistake i see new players making especially on mid and high pop servers is they always want to loot up and down the coast which is pretty much picked clean anyways so they always get murdered or they qq because they cant find loot.Best thing too do is head inland loot the little hamlets on the way chances are they are not looted.With coastal spawns back the coast is a killing field its even like that on the mod.

Yeah my tip too new players is get the hell off the coast as soon as you spawn the biggest mistake i see new players making especially on mid and high pop servers is they always want to loot up and down the coast which is pretty much picked clean anyways so they always get murdered or they qq because they cant find loot.Best thing too do is head inland loot the little hamlets on the way chances are they are not looted.With coastal spawns back the coast is a killing field its even like that on the mod.

The cities are a high risk, high reward situation for a new spawn.

On the one hand you can find the vast majority of the things that you need to get started in one place, on the other you risk being brutally murdered and having to start over again. Whether it's worth it is up to the player.

Personally I've always just preferred to take the safe option, head inland and gear up slowly on my way north unless I actually spawned on the edge of a city though.

• Like 2

Well yeah its best to have a squad chances are you may have ran into our crew we typically have 4 people 2 for the yello 2 for the blue spotter and sniper for both and then we have sometime 2 maybe 4 other people running a ground op in cherno pretty tactical op.But now people are getting smart some people are freakin good at sniping and they sit way out in the apartment buildings to the north of cherno and countersnipe so now we need more so we can run ops into those locations.

That grammar though. Anyways, we once saw two snipers that were on top of the barrelstructure and the other sniper was at the blue laddertowerthing next to the barrelstructure. We killed them both from the north apartment buildings. Also one guy was trying to come kill us, but we had him. He had orange clothes. Was it your crew that we killed xD

That grammar though. Anyways, we once saw two snipers that were on top of the barrelstructure and the other sniper was at the blue laddertowerthing next to the barrelstructure. We killed them both from the north apartment buildings. Also one guy was trying to come kill us, but we had him. He had orange clothes. Was it your crew that we killed xD

Lol yep sounds about right.

• Like 1

And if you are a sniper up there, beware of people ghosting up to get you. They always log if you miss and magically appear up in the hallway  one floor below the roof.

I mean, so I've heard. From a friend.

Yeah I ran into a similar situation today. Story time.

I usually go on servers with about 10-15 people. I don't know why, I just always have. Anyway decide fuck it my last character just died so lets go on a maxed server (had about 38 people).

I spawned on the coast, took off all my clothes and just ran down the train track pretending to be a train. Of course this attracted new spawns and in the end I had about 10 bambis following me. We were starting the "Bambi Revolution" and the requirement to join was you had to take off your pants. Anyway we ran down to Cherno, on the way 2-3 dying from starvation and the others freezing to death. It happens when you run around with no pants :P. So we hit Cherno and were looting the police station when sniper on that building started firing at us. We were moving closer and closer but realised they had one guy guarding the stairs laying prone on the middle platform. So we tried out best to take them with the Blazers and little ammo we had, We hit them once or twice but they just healed straight away. By the end we had only 4/10 of bambi's left, when we ran into 2 guys trying to kill the snipers as well. Anyway we were running up one of the tallest industrial buildings (the one with heaps of stairs) and then we all dropped dead when we hit a certain floor.

I have a crew now and it was far by the best session of my life, even though we died in a stupid way.

I usually go on servers with about 10-15 people. I don't know why, I just always have. Anyway decide fuck it my last character just died so lets go on a maxed server (had about 38 people).

I spawned on the coast, took off all my clothes and just ran down the train track pretending to be a train. Of course this attracted new spawns and in the end I had about 10 bambis following me. We were starting the "Bambi Revolution" and the requirement to join was you had to take off your pants. Anyway we ran down to Cherno, on the way 2-3 dying from starvation and the others freezing to death. It happens when you run around with no pants :P. So we hit Cherno and were looting the police station when sniper on that building started firing at us. We were moving closer and closer but realised they had one guy guarding the stairs laying prone on the middle platform. So we tried out best to take them with the Blazers and little ammo we had, We hit them once or twice but they just healed straight away. By the end we had only 4/10 of bambi's left, when we ran into 2 guys trying to kill the snipers as well. Anyway we were running up one of the tallest industrial buildings (the one with heaps of stairs) and then we all dropped dead when we hit a certain floor.

I have a crew now and it was far by the best session of my life, even though we died in a stupid way.

Daamn :D Sounds so familiar. It might have been us. I remember that someone was trying to shoot us with a Blaze. If it really was us, we had group of 4 there. Two people watching the ladders and other two of us on top of the thing.

Hey Aussie - I struggle to find anything over 20 on Aussie/NZ servers the times I play. It is a pain in the arse as sometimes you can go hours without seeing anyone.