Sign in to follow this  
Depletion

Player Housing / Storage

I had a idea for player housing to store items or base at in general. Survivors need shelter and a place to settle down afterall :)

So my thoughts, Allow players to scavenge industrial areas for a kit that contains items to replace the door locks on a house and allow the player to have a key in the kit unique to their profile so only they can enter the house. Aswell only allow players to have 1 house on the server at a time and the ability to use the house would be lost if the player is inactive for 15-30 days. Players could remove the locks on the house and then be allowed to relocate else where. The player has the option to lock and unlock the doors to allow friends inside. Along with the ability to have a house give players the ability to store clothing in a dresser or something to have a variety of choices depending on weather or maybe a adventure the player would like to prepare for.

Another idea I had for storage would be a gun safe that could allow players to store 5 primary weapons or 10 and store other items within the safe. To get a gun safe players could again scavenge industrial areas for the materials to make a safe. Perhaps a rotating dial or something of that sort along with a metal case, hinges, and handle. These ideas could further the use of wrenches, hammers, and maybe a screwdriver if we dont have one already. Just a idea. What do yall think? sorry about the long post :D.

MMmm no although im sure they will have basebuilding and a type of storage tents and the like  people will be able to break in and steal or loot tents this is dayz not the warz and its lame coded safes and global inventory.I do like the idea of storage that can be broken into with a hamemr and stuff that sounds interesting.I honesty dont see any of that happening untill after the servers are mini hived up or when the mod support is open which im sure a mod will pick up that idea im like 99% positive when mod support is open we will see some of the epoch and overwatch etc etc make a leap over.

i get what your going after but sadly id have to say no, a player should never control who enters and doesn't enter a building because of "ownership", everything should be open to steal and be destroyed and never impossible to break into.

yes, but people should be able to break through doors, with say a fire axe (that is what it is made for) or a crow bar. maybe take a little more to get through to the gun safe, but not much. maybe break the lock off with a sledge hammer or something. but that is just my 2 cents

• Like 1

yes, but people should be able to break through doors, with say a fire axe (that is what it is made for) or a crow bar. maybe take a little more to get through to the gun safe, but not much. maybe break the lock off with a sledge hammer or something. but that is just my 2 cents

I like the idea of that.

I like the idea of having 3 digit locks tho. They are reasonably easy to get through by brute forcing the code if you really want to.