Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

AKM drum mag rebalance

1. Remove the AKM drum mag.

2. Reskin the drum mag into an RPD Drum.

3. Introduce a RPD.

7,62_mm_RPD_light_machine_gun.JPG

Now you might ask yourself why, why go through all this ?

The answer is quite simple this would allow the AKM to be an assault rifle and high capacity magazines would be restricted to Light Machine-guns creating a better hierarchy when it comes the firearms than what is currently in the game.

'Reskin' is the wrong term. It would require remodeling and retexturing to the point where it might as well be an entirely new item. The RPD 'drum' is just a container that holds a 7.62x39mm belt of ammunition, the RPK drum (which is what the drum originates for) is a high capacity magazine.

There will be dedicated machine guns in future and I highly doubt the RPD would be a good choice.

They just need to put a disadvantage to using the drum mag, such as increased sway / descreased stability, slower aiming speeds, etc.

Edited by grylsyjaeger
  • Like 1

What is sad is that a topic about "rebalance" starts with:

1. Remove

That being said I would like an RPD - but if thats what you want to write about, please rename your topic because its missleading.

I propose keeping the AKM drum mag but actually rebalancing it (something I hoped this topic was about but I was disappointed):

• make it very rare
  • make it heavy:
    • increased weapon sway in non-bipod stance
    • decreased dexterity making it harder toi use in close combat
    • increased weight might affect movement, stamina etc.
  • make it less reliable by having a higher chance of causing a jam (depending on weapon/magazine condition)
  • make it cause more noise than the box magazines

A similar kind of pro/con collection should be used for other magazines and attachments as well, giving more options instead for straight upgrades.

This way the AKM with drum magazine would not be a straight upgrade over the AKM with box magazine but rather an AKM that tends towards an LMG without quite reaching the performance and still retaining some of its assault rifle advantages but not all of them.

I throw you a counter offer:

1) Introduce the RPD and it's drum. Give it a pintle so it can be vehicle mounted.

2) Keep the 75 round drum. Make loaded drums rattle loudly when moving.