Sign in to follow this  
Stirlo

Clothes off Zombies

Simple Suggestion.

I think when you kill a zombie you should be able to take the clothes off their body.

Edited by Stirlo

Cloth maybe not, but some loot, yes why not, but that NEED to be cleaned before !

Civil zombies should loot some stuff such as battery, flashlight or others simple objects that are not hard to do, like if they was people that have start worry about the infection (before zombies start to appear) and start to search for survival stuff, and then...Well they was not immune...

Most of the time their cloth should be ruined AND infected (by others deceases of courses cause we are immune to the zombies infection), but we should be able to find on some zombies cloth damaged/badly damaged, same for all others stuff, same for soldier zombies, we should find some ammo we need to be cleaned and others low end military stuff and maybe be able to take in rare occasion tactical vest, helmet and boots, but nothing else than those kind of cloth, only upper cloth (no one want DayZ to turn into a Zombies Striptease game) and some common items.
Zombies should be the NUMBER ONE factor of the game, but actually they are weak, they do nothing/have no utility for the gameplay except when we start and have not yet find axe and player are way more dangerous than they, which is why i stop to play this game until zombies become more dangerous or that they put a SP mode (which is probably not gonna happen sadly and which is stupid).

Anyway, cloth on zombies, most of the time ruined but sometimes damaged badly damaged, most of the stuff should be from pristine (uncommon but not rare), worn (common) damaged (less common) and badly damaged (same as damaged) and all stuff should be infected and need to be cleaned before they can be use if we don't want to become sick.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if among other things,we could have clothing loot on zombies.

The problem is all the people screaming "Mah immerzion" when all are textured/clothed the same.

What i mean is,it's hard to visually represent different clothing items on zombies without taking away some of the immersion.

To introduce such a mechanic succesfully,they would need to retexture zombies naked(underwear only),and have them spawn with random clothing(t-shits,jeans,jackets etc) equipped on them.

That way no zombie will be copy/pasted,but on the other hand imo,i think it would put a huge strain on server performance.

• Like 2

Cloth maybe not, but some loot, yes why not, but that NEED to be cleaned before !

Civil zombies should loot some stuff such as battery, flashlight or others simple objects that are not hard to do, like if they was people that have start worry about the infection (before zombies start to appear) and start to search for survival stuff, and then...Well they was not immune...

Most of the time their cloth should be ruined AND infected (by others deceases of courses cause we are immune to the zombies infection), but we should be able to find on some zombies cloth damaged/badly damaged, same for all others stuff, same for soldier zombies, we should find some ammo we need to be cleaned and others low end military stuff and maybe be able to take in rare occasion tactical vest, helmet and boots, but nothing else than those kind of cloth, only upper cloth (no one want DayZ to turn into a Zombies Striptease game) and some common items.

Zombies should be the NUMBER ONE factor of the game, but actually they are weak, they do nothing/have no utility for the gameplay except when we start and have not yet find axe and player are way more dangerous than they, which is why i stop to play this game until zombies become more dangerous or that they put a SP mode (which is probably not gonna happen sadly and which is stupid).

Anyway, cloth on zombies, most of the time ruined but sometimes damaged badly damaged, most of the stuff should be from pristine (uncommon but not rare), worn (common) damaged (less common) and badly damaged (same as damaged) and all stuff should be infected and need to be cleaned before they can be use if we don't want to become sick.

I agree completely. Even torn up crap clothing would be better then tighty whitties for new spawns

Yea, let's take the clothing off of a rotting corpse and cover ourselves in it.

That's healthy. 

I know what you are trying to do here with immersion and options and alternatives, but clothing is really easy to come by as it is. Just like the most beautiful, intelligent, sophisticated, charming, witty, clever, and devilishly handsome items in the game...Rags

Once they implement sicknesses into the game, the possible negatives for taking the clothes off of a zombie's back and wearing it would be much greater than the chance at any sort of gain that you wouldn't just find laying around anyway. Plus, that clothing would almost always be ruined since zombies follow the "one with nature" philosophy. 

BUT...I don't think it's nearly as silly to take off the vests from soldier zombies, since there's  layers of clothing between the zombie and the vest itself, so long as they were always Damaged or worse. That idea seems more plausible. 

• Like 1

Yea, let's take the clothing off of a rotting corpse and cover ourselves in it.

That's healthy. 

I know what you are trying to do here with immersion and options and alternatives, but clothing is really easy to come by as it is. Just like the most beautiful, intelligent, sophisticated, charming, witty, clever, and devilishly handsome items in the game...Rags

Once they implement sicknesses into the game, the possible negatives for taking the clothes off of a zombie's back and wearing it would be much greater than the chance at any sort of gain that you wouldn't just find laying around anyway. Plus, that clothing would almost always be ruined since zombies follow the "one with nature" philosophy. 

BUT...I don't think it's nearly as silly to take off the vests from soldier zombies, since there's  layers of clothing between the zombie and the vest itself, so long as they were always Damaged or worse. That idea seems more plausible. 

I agree once sickness is implemented into the game it sounds like a more plausible idea. I agree that clothing off zombies should be damaged and perhaps you can use disinfectant or wash it with water and something else etc. to make it health so you don't get sick. Or something like that.