Sign in to follow this  
bahhh

Military barricade in Cap golova

Moved to correct forum. Also, have never seen that skin at all before...

Hard to believe those weren't spawned or duplicated, because honestly it would take days, maybe weeks of farming industrial areas to find all those barricade supplies, and it would be impossible to carry them all at once, plus the never before seen clothing, I'm pretty sure someone would be bragging on the forums if he found one.

I believe the skin you are seeing is the old Bandit skin.

Thats not the old bandit-skin..? It was in that single player Dayz that was taken down... with another uniform named rocket (camo+red beret) as far as i know there not ingame yet?? But was watching Rocket on twitch.tv playing with camo+red beret.

100 hours of work and someone can morph right into the camp right behind someone guarding the entrance, lol...But it looks cool, the sandbox element of the game isn't there yet but it would be nice for something like this to be relevant...

If this is real, you should be banned for exploiting the wire/trap dupe glitch.

If this is fake, you should be banned for exploiting the wire/trap dupe glitch.

Since it didn't seem like anyone actually went to the server to confirm/deny this, I did it myself. It's definitely there, as evident by the pictures. Broke my legs on one of those damn sandbags. :)

arma2oa2012-07-0103-39-16-13.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0103-38-28-37.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0103-38-25-37.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0103-38-17-46.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0103-37-08-47.jpg

arma2oa2012-07-0103-34-44-99.jpg

Obvious use of duping or item spawning.

It's a shame there is so much focus on your clothing and apparent item 'duping', because the idea itself is really good.

Having seen a few interviews with Rocket, it would seem that this sort of behaviour is exactly what he was hoping would happen. He mentioned that the next stage survivors could take after getting good equipment, would be to create safe havens like this. I guess this is the first stage of fortifications that have so far been implemented.

I don't see what the real problem is here, i'd rather see the wire/tank traps used in this way as opposed to some idiot blocking up buildings.

Good work.

I agree. I think thats actually really cool.

I'd love to have a go at breaking that barricade as well. Sneaking past through a forest or something and mounting an assault.

It's worrying to hear that most people would rather sneak into the barricade and destroy everything.

Whatever happened to: "I'd love to join them and help fight the cause?"

It's gone

Nahhh, that can't be. i'm sure it will come back after server restart..

it should......

oh no.

as awesome as this is, I dont agree with the duping, but aside from that.

until the issue that is server hopping is fixed, its all but futile, all it takes is one group of 4chan/reddit mongs to decide to ruin the fun.. and login right behind you (since the location is obvious!) in various tree lines with snipers etc...

Id have no issue if people found/attacked it the legit way of course. but it wouldnt be done that way.

Outfit hacked. Also amount of tank traps suspicious

I apologize about the means we used to collect materials -> http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25436

I'm very sorry about that

about the outfit, i give you my word that i didn't hack it.

although it could be intially spawned by hackers, it is not confirmed so i was keeping it.

Looks pretty cool, regardless if duping was used. at least they didnt dupe to block the doors of every building.

There's a bug that allows fences to be duped. I seriously hope all of those were acquired legit.. otherwise posting this screenshots was really dumb. I mean I don't really care.. it looks cool. But any admin would be in the right if you were banned.

Less talk about the outfit, more talk about this kind of behavior. Fortifications? Fucking neat, buddy. Keep on doing your thing. Fuck 'em bandits!

LOL did someone get banned for posting this yet... obvious duping

n that

soldier outfit[HACK]

well if they hacked that outfit then they probably didn't dupe anything since they can just spawn more sandbags/tanktraps/barbwire

I seen a guy named Keven last night in one of the barracks at the NWAF with a helmet (at least I thought it was lol). I was like wtf?!?! Shot at him' date=' but he disconnected of course... (Looked cool though as he vaulted over the bench with the helmet in the dark without NV).

Anyway, I looked around in DayZ_code.pbo under actions player_wearClothes.sqf and found this...pretty sure it says you can switch to that skin Soldier1_DZ. Not sure where to find anything else about it in the files though. Didn't spend to much time on it...and I don't know wtf I'm doing lol...so...

switch (_item) do {
case "Skin_Sniper1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Sniper1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Camo1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Camo1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Survivor2_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Survivor2_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};
case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Soldier1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;
};

Just use pboview or similar to view inside the files. Carry on then. :P

I believe the skin you are seeing is the old Bandit skin.

No... this is actually a soldier skin, the bandit skin is not a skin pack, it's simply a different player model the player used to morph into when humanity was low. Skins are only a means to an end, when you change "skins" all you do is change your player model, this is why females cannot wear skins, there is no player model for them other than survivor.

Bandit model: bandit1_DZ

If it was a skin it would be: Skin_bandit1_DZ

case "Skin_Soldier1_DZ": {

If player is in or switches to the soldier skin than his model will be:

[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Soldier1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;

A soldier.

The fact of the matter, whether the soldier skin spawns on its own or not, is still to be addressed.