Sign in to follow this  
hells high

Repurposed Items Brainstorm (t-shirt quilt materials, random bags used for storage, let's get creative)

Okay guys let's get creative and have a little fun.

I was very happy when it was confirmed that craftable clothing and items would be a focal point in the game. Already we've seen various animal skins being able to be made into bags and soon clothing. However with Chernarus being a rather modern country, I feel like there is a great opportunity for various items you might find lying around to be re purposed into survival gear.

Obviously we already have the canvas pants which I'd imagine will be craft-able at some point, and the burlap sack being used for bags. More than animal skins and leather items I am excited to see how these kinds of items could be expanded upon. I can imagine with all the random clothing and scraps that would be lying around you could easily stitch together some kind of horrid t-shirt quilt and use it to create a bag out of (much like the boar skin packs, this tshirt quilt abomination texture could be used on existing items). You could stitch a hoodie into a courier bag of some sort, use a trash bag for the burlap sack recipes, etc etc. I feel like later in development the team could have a lot of fun coming up with random items you could find lying around to use in basic survival gear. I feel like mixing found clothing, crafted clothing, animal skins, and all the other things you find could create a very rich and interesting aesthetic that feels very "make do".

Please, feel free to post your ideas I'd love to read them and get a creative brainstorm of ideas going.

Also at some point I'd love to see crafted items for the chest slot. Maybe you could use the courier bag on your hip or something in conjunction with a backpack. It doesn't offer any protection but allows for that chest slot to be used to allow some more capacity.

More storage!!! The option to bury one of those plastic yellow containers would be nice.