Sign in to follow this  
Sirwarriant12

About the MASKA helmet

Just a quick few suggestions in regards to the new helmet. Being one of if not my favourite helmet used by armed forces I was extremely excited when I saw that it was being added in. However I have a few complaints. First off the visor, not a huge fan of the riot version but i'm sure there are other people that do like it. What I am suggesting in regards to the visor is in addition to the riot version, they also add the metal version of the visor as well as the ability to raise and lower the visors after they have been put on the helmet. Also have the metal version give more protection compared to the riot version but due to the metal one having a relatively small viewing slit, give it some sort of vision restriction such as when you close your visor in a game like War of the Roses like the pictures below. This would give the added protection at the cost of some of your vision which i feel could add something to the game, having to decide if you want the added protection or the visibility and what not.

Visor up, no added protection to the face

tlSogVH.jpg

Visor down, added protection to the face but lower visibility 

lhajQQ9.jpg

For Referance to the helmet we ave in game incase anyone doesnt know what it and the visor we currently have looks like

dayz-the-gorka-helmet-works-with-the-gas

And here is an example of the metal visor that can be attached that i'm proposing that would add more protection but less visibility.

HelmetK6-3_3A_1.jpg

or this

maska_helmet.jpg

Edited by Sirwarriant12
  • Like 2

I like the idea of raising and lowering visors, but the visor is clear on the Maska helmet. If you've ever worn a face shield around a shop as an example, a clear visor doesn't hinder your vision at all.

An edit that ingame the visor we have is a transparent attachment.

Edited by Heav

Ya the one we have is pretty much just a glass visor the vision reducing one i'm referring to is one like this

HelmetK6-3_3A_1.jpg

maska_helmet.jpg

Looking at this, it'd almost certainly restrict your vision though. The clear version, not so much.

maska_helmet.jpg

Looking at this, it'd almost certainly restrict your vision though. The clear version, not so much.

For sure, but that's not what we have ingame.

in addition to the riot version, they also add the metal version of the visor

I was posting that due to this part of the original post.

Ya so they could add the metal visor with added protection but again the reduced visibility. I think that would be a good trade off, being able to take a round or 2 to the face but not being able to see all that well.

Looking forward to more riot things.. the riot helmets is the first helmets I've seen that are actually exciting

Looking forward to more riot things.. the riot helmets is the first helmets I've seen that are actually exciting

Ya, they could add quite a few more non lethal things like rubber bullets, tear gas etc

Ya, they could add quite a few more non lethal things like rubber bullets, tear gas etc

lets hope so.. those gas masks need a good use.. cant wait till they obstruct your view and serve a purpose

lets hope so.. those gas masks need a good use.. cant wait till they obstruct your view and serve a purpose

Ya something like what the Misery mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R CoP or Project Nevada for Fallout NV does with the masks would be cool