Monkeyrama

Lovely People out there...

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to see if others have the same problems in DayZ like i do. Today i wanted to play DayZ after a while of pausing again and see what happened.

Weapons are really rare, and it's even harder to get matches or good clothing now. But thats nor really a problem, the things i see as a problem are mostly other people i meet.

Today there were 2 People that talked to me via voice, one asked me if i had a bandage for him because a Zed hit him bloody. So i tried to give him one and right as i was putting it down he tried to hatched me down. I killed him with my revolver and all i hear in chat is "fucking son of a bitch, i will fucking kill you and your family". What the hell is wrong with the People? I hate to be a bandit and want to be friendly but people like that make it so hard to even do anything without doing KoS everytime.

The second one was a freshspawn and i asked him if he needed something, he said yeah some food would be nice. I made some steps back and opened 2 food cans and put it down, and right then he started to punch me. Luckily he had pretty bad aim with his punches otherwise i could been down now. But what the hell? Why are people so good damn unfriendly?

• Like 1

The thrill of being a true asshole without that bringing any real consequences I guess lol

Its fun for a time, you should try it!

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to see if others have the same problems in DayZ like i do. Today i wanted to play DayZ after a while of pausing again and see what happened.

Weapons are really rare, and it's even harder to get matches or good clothing now. But thats nor really a problem, the things i see as a problem are mostly other people i meet.

Today there were 2 People that talked to me via voice, one asked me if i had a bandage for him because a Zed hit him bloody. So i tried to give him one and right as i was putting it down he tried to hatched me down. I killed him with my revolver and all i hear in chat is "fucking son of a bitch, i will fucking kill you and your family". What the hell is wrong with the People? I hate to be a bandit and want to be friendly but people like that make it so hard to even do anything without doing KoS everytime.

The second one was a freshspawn and i asked him if he needed something, he said yeah some food would be nice. I made some steps back and opened 2 food cans and put it down, and right then he started to punch me. Luckily he had pretty bad aim with his punches otherwise i could been down now. But what the hell? Why are people so good damn unfriendly?

That people makes death-threats is proof enough that they should not be playing. No matter how pissed you are, if you threaten to kill a persons family, it´s way past any form of limit.

Wish there was some form of voice chatlog as well because people need to understand that just becasue you are on the internet does not give you the right to do whatever you please.

• Like 4

is this really any different than any other online game you've played? i've gotten random death threats playing an online bus transit system simulator before.

• Like 8

is this really any different than any other online game you've played? i've gotten random death threats playing an online bus transit system simulator before.

Not the point. Death threats is not ok anywhere!

• Like 1

Not the point. Death threats is not ok anywhere!

it kind of is the point. the problem doesn't lie within dayz, nor is anything going to come out of posting on the dayz forums. gamers needing an attitude adjustment as a group is a cultural change, so i'm feeling like the dayz forums are a bit too granular for getting that point across.

• Like 1

Gamers should absolutly post it to show developers that it exists on a daily base. The more people report it, the bigger is the chance that the problems will be taken care of.

no dont make rules on VOIP it doesnt work , they will just design it so you cant hear anyone :lol:  i suppose proof is hard to get as you dont know who killed who or who is who

• Like 1

Gamers should absolutly post it to show developers that it exists on a daily base. The more people report it, the bigger is the chance that the problems will be taken care of.

Taken care of?  Is the dev team supposed to start paying for these peoples therapy?  Anyone that has ever played a game online knows these people exist.  I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a negative aspect.  Just that fixing it isn't possible.

Im a bit older now (Not by much) and i think it is extremely sad how the gamer communitys progress. 

Insults,Death threats, Trolling and just being a asshole at all times. 

I can't understand how people can be like this, i can't even see how this can be fun?

I mean okay i think it was funny to be a bandit too in Arma 2, but if i meet someone that is friendly and talks to me i don't shoot him.

They should really add a system that gives people like that many handicaps. 

I can understand all the pvp that is going on in DayZ, but i absolute won't accept that people need to insult others or troll them on a daily basis.

Please Bohemia, do something against these people.

• Like 1

the game is 18 i think isnt it ? either turn voip off or down ? in any case wait for mods to arrive after alpha stage of this beta , then maybe the admins on them servers will give you what you need

Edited by friendlypilot

"either turn voip off or down" 

I want to play friendly, i want to meet other people ingame and talk with them.

How does turning voip off help me "defending" against those " Douchebags?

That is a very bad advice you gave me.

"either turn voip off or down" 

I want to play friendly, i want to meet other people ingame and talk with them.

How does turning voip off help me "defending" against those " Douchebags?

That is a very bad advice you gave me.

It's a zombie survival game during the apocalypse that prides itself on being realistic.  Welcome to the apocalypse.  Defend yourself and your sensitive ears with a gun.

The answer is not to turn voip off or to ignore it. The answer is to remove it in the end. It´s always the same in any game. Turn it off...don´t go there..dont play..dont do this dont do that.

How about all turn against the harassers instead and work together to create better communitys where gamers can actually play and have a good time?

• Like 2

The answer is not to turn voip off or to ignore it. The answer is to remove it in the end. It´s always the same in any game. Turn it off...don´t go there..dont play..dont do this dont do that.

How about all turn against the harassers instead and work together to create better communitys where gamers can actually play and have a good time?

THAT Sir is what i mean. Turn against the harassers and create a better community. It will make more fun for everyone if you encounter less A-holes.

• Like 1

THAT Sir is what i mean. Turn against the harassers and create a better community. It will make more fun for everyone if you encounter less A-holes.

This is what whitelisting is a good foundation for and why private servers/hives is a good start. Also if you look on games such as Titanfall and what they with theit cheaters there are very good ways to deal with the problem.

They didnt ban them. They are still allowed to play, but on one server whare all other cheaters are moved to. That is a stroke of genious. You cheat, you play with cheaters.

• Like 2

they just change there names lol

You Sir, are completely hopeless. So pessimistic, if you think its impossible please leave the thread.

Hope you meet some better people. Taking a death threat in a game seriously means you probably shouldn't be playing games in the first place. The guy wasn't serious, he was just mad you kicked his ass (good job). Don't be one of those people who blows something so trivial out of proportion. 

• Like 4

snip

the first one is the most obvious trap someone can set up for you, next time just lay the bandage on the ground and let him have himself bandaged

the second one was a prime example of why i NEVER trust fresh spawns: the have nothing to lose, so they might as well risk everything to get some gear faster

you are playing as a friendly from what i can tell, that however does not mean you need to throw all security aside and be a big target for everyone, play it smart and keep it up

Maybe he is mad.

Still, being mad is no excuse for insults or death threats or even worse.

If you can't control yourself even in just a videogame you should really go see a doctor.

im not ripping it out of proportion. It's not like i will go and sue him or that or anything else.

I just want to have fun and a better community thats all.