Sign in to follow this  
trimpampano

The mouse needs to be fixed

So as you know how ArmA/DayZ works is when you are controlling a mouse in a menu/inventory you can see your curser and when you close that menu your curser then moves to the nearest corner. So if I leave my curser near the bottum left corner of my screen and then close the menu my mouse will move unitl it is touching the bottum left corner. Now I have complained about this and so have others because when you have two/three monitors like I do then the mouse doesn't stay on the primary display. The mouse moves ALL THE WAY to the left or ALL THE WAY to the right whenever I leave a menu. This created accidental minimization issues and in general hurts the DayZ expirience. So devs please make the mouse like how it is in CS:GO or insurgency where when you open a menu the mouse spawns in the middle of the screen and when you close it then re-open it the mouse again spawns in the middle of the screen. This is a great system and allows for muscle memory to grab things quick. Please fix the mouse.

TL;DR Read it

Edited by TrimPampano

Yes this is an issue, but don't be surprised if it isn't a priority on the devs "to do" list. Posts like this can't hurt letting them know there is an issue, but its probably more helpful to make a bug report (or upvote an existing one) - just don't hold your breath for a quick fix :) .

Edited by Hoik

So as you know how ArmA/DayZ works is when you are controlling a mouse in a menu/inventory you can see your curser and when you close that menu your curser then moves to the nearest corner. So if I leave my curser near the bottum left corner of my screen and then close the menu my mouse will move unitl it is touching the bottum left corner. Now I have complained about this and so have others because when you have two/three monitors like I do then the mouse doesn't stay on the primary display. The mouse moves ALL THE WAY to the left or ALL THE WAY to the right whenever I leave a menu. This created accidental minimization issues and in general hurts the DayZ expirience. So devs please make the mouse like how it is in CS:GO or insurgency where when you open a menu the mouse spawns in the middle of the screen and when you close it then re-open it the mouse again spawns in the middle of the screen. This is a great system and allows for muscle memory to grab things quick. Please fix the mouse.

TL;DR Read it

I have two monitors and yes, I have a similar issue.  It bothers me that when I'm moving my mouse aiming or whatever I can see my mouse cursor on my second screen moving around.  It's as if it doesn't stay within the game screen.  Even more annoying is when I open my inventory and have to move it over from the second screen.  I will just have to live with it until they fix it... not sure if there is a bug report on this though.

also with the mouse how about that insanely low dpi moving laterally. hot damn. unless you hold alt it feels like forever to look to one side

I have three monitors as well, but the issue doesn't plague me that much. Never had an accidental min, mainly because I control my cursor when I'm in a "menu" type screen. The only issue I've ever had is the "ghost" cursor high-lighting or hover-menuing something I have on the other screen.

I have three monitors as well, but the issue doesn't plague me that much. Never had an accidental min, mainly because I control my cursor when I'm in a "menu" type screen. The only issue I've ever had is the "ghost" cursor high-lighting or hover-menuing something I have on the other screen.

The times I have accidental minimization is when I am in the inventory and pull my mouse curser from the left monitor to the pirmary and think I ma over the object in the "vecinity box" and click into the desktop. The issue would be resolved if I just didn't have to move my mouse so far.