Maarten (DayZ)

Why did you shoot me.

Camping around cities killing people simply because you own a shotgun' date=' that's the sort of thing the mod creators will have to crack down on. These will be the kind of players who will be actively removed from the game.

[/quote']

This is never going to happen. Bandits will never be "removed" from the game.

Did I say bandits would be removed?

No I did not. I said that such players would be cracked down on, hindered. Maybe not the players themselves but the mod they operate in will have to be adapted to compensate for douche players. Otherwise Day Z will lose any kind of cooperation gameplay at all, because killing on sight is a cycle. Everyone who loses trust in other players will simply play, to kill other players.

Bandits are fine, but most of the PK'ers are not bandits. They are players who simply don't consider there is anything to the other people on the server than murder targets.

Those aren't douche players. Those are Infected 2.0 and they are a game feature that enhances the excitement of all major cities!

Their AI is just so good, you would think they were human-controlled. Fortunately, they are still pretty predictable.

I enjoy all these tears.

The key to survival is adaptation.

If everyone shoots on sight, you need to as well. Cry about it all you want, but it won't change anything. If you want to survive, you have to adapt.

If you can't handle exchanging fire with strangers, maybe you should hand in your man card and go play Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

I roll around with a group of friends and we work together. Instead of expecting total strangers to not shoot you, why don't you go make some friends?

Well, in this MOD you have to act the total opposite to what you would if there was an actual zombie outbreak.

Humans are killing each-other and zombies are just..zombies(brain-dead).

If a zombie outbreak did occur then the uninfected would 100% group together to increase survival chances, unless there was scarce food/water and it became a precious commodity.

Humans love to kill..true, but we also love to have fun,love,fuck,eat,drink,fuck,fuck,fuck. We kill to be able to do these things everyday unimpeded.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I enjoy all these tears.

If everyone shoots on sight' date=' you need to as well. Cry about it all you want, but it won't change anything. If you want to survive, you have to adapt.

If you can't handle exchanging fire with strangers, maybe you should hand in your man card and go play Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

I roll around with a group of friends and we work together. Instead of expecting total strangers to not shoot you, why don't you go make some friends?

[/quote']

I actually found this funny. A broken view of survival adaptation and some pretty prissy claims to boot.

"This is how it would be in the real world" is a flawed argument, because that is not how it would be in the real world. People who encounter unarmed, worthless survivors would not react by trying to murder them. That is the opposite of adaptation.

That is DEGRADATION.

You haven't survived, the zombie apocolypse has already gotten you.

I bet you own all of the COD titles even though they have been the same game since MW1.

You lost your bet.

And even if I would own that games, that has nothing to do with this topic. I also played Super Mario and I'm not playing a plumber looking for a princess to rescue in DayZ. So I don't understand this type of "argument".

I enjoy all these tears.

If everyone shoots on sight' date=' you need to as well. Cry about it all you want, but it won't change anything. If you want to survive, you have to adapt.

[/quote']

I actually found this funny. A broken view of survival adaptation and some pretty prissy claims to boot.

"This is how it would be in the real world" is a flawed argument, because that is not how it would be in the real world. People who encounter unarmed, worthless survivors would not react by trying to murder them. That is the opposite of adaptation.

That is DEGRADATION.

Learn to read, buddy. Nowhere did I say I shot unarmed survivors, nor do I liken it to a real world scenario.

Besides, this is a game. Death is not final, the psychological ramifications of murder are totally different.

these threads makes me giggle.. its about SURVIVAL, if he needs a bandage he will most likely shoot you in the face for it.

survival of the fittest, right?

I enjoy all these tears.

[/quote']

That is DEGRADATION.

Learn to read, buddy. Nowhere did I say I shot unarmed survivors, nor do I liken it to a real world scenario.

Besides, this is a game. Death is not final, the psychological ramifications of murder are totally different.

I could say same to you, I never claimed you did either.

I AM saying, as you can now read, that your idea of adaptation is wrong. It isn't something that needs to change of course, if all players actually wanted to play as a genuine survivor with balanced moral views then every DayZ experience would be exactly the same.

It is a game, but the penalties of death are not of consequence. Death and restarting applies in all games, this one is no different.

What is important about this mod on a game level is that thinking mimicing bad players makes you a 'real man' is going to make the situation progressively worse until a very real solution has to be taken. Or the game just flops.

I guess "adapt or QQ" is the only advice here..

I'd do quick raids into the cities for goods and then bug out asap. See if you cant make some friends on the forums or someplace and meetup. If youre an unarmed freshly spawned noob, just state where youre going and see if anyone friendly joins you. I made two new pals yesterday by saying 'Yeah Im heading to Cherno. Ill see you there'

One way would be to hide all good gear and have some mediocre weapon with you. Then you would go friendhunting and once you have established someone as friendly, you could go get better gear on yourself since he probably won't kill you anymore (now that you've bonded)

I enjoy all these tears.

[/quote']

That is DEGRADATION.

you say its a game but I bet you would be against game like mechinics that make being a PKer harder.

Yeah I don't feel too bad shooting people, it is just a game. For example I was with a friend of mine looting elektro, and two players were coming up, so I mowed them down, because they were armed and posed a danger.

Another time I met a guy with an axe, this time I asked him if he was friendly, no reply, so he got mak to the face.

and last time I met an unarmed player. I didn't turn my back to him, but let him go. If there were guns/axe nearby I would have shot him.

I have also shot people for trailing zombies towards me.

I guess it depends of the threat level of the player, because they are very unpredicatable.

That said my friend yesterday teamed up with randoms twice in a row without issue, the deciding factor was both parties had VOIP. If you don't have a mic, your more likely to get shot.

Yeah I don't feel too bad shooting people' date=' it is just a game. For example I was with a friend of mine looting elektro, and two players were coming up, so I mowed them down, because they were armed and posed a danger.

Another time I met a guy with an axe, this time I asked him if he was friendly, no reply, so he got mak to the face.

and last time I met an unarmed player. I didn't turn my back to him, but let him go. If there were guns/axe nearby I would have shot him.

I have also shot people for trailing zombies towards me.

I guess it depends of the threat level of the player, because they are very unpredicatable.

That said my friend yesterday teamed up with randoms twice in a row without issue, the deciding factor was both parties had VOIP. If you don't have a mic, your more likely to get shot.

[/quote']

So you would have killed them, if a weapon is nearby!? I beat you would also kill a player going away from you with a weapon just because they have a weapon and are a possible threat.

Most players aren't evil but they're not entirely good either. Most players weigh the situations negatives and positives, and most people will shoot on sight instead of trying to initiate contact. That's because there is no incentive to work together with strangers after getting your feet off the ground. Once you've got a decent gun in hand, a canteen, knife, matches, hatchet and a good backpack filled with some medical supplies, you're set. Adding a stranger into the mix when you're established, you risk losing all that progress if you let your guard down. You always have to watch your back, make sure he isn't trying to steal from you or kill you.

Cooperation with strangers worked because so many people were new at the game. However, as time passed, they became more experienced and were able to routinely loot and investigate areas alone. They no longer needed to risk strangers.

So I believe that by gradually introducing cooperative goals, you'd be able to get some real cooperation going. The ability to totally clear, restore, and rebuild certain areas. The ability to restart power stations and thus enable global chat via cell phones or something. This would actually give a use for tank traps, barbed wire, etc. as you could fortify cities (bigger cities, more room to fortify) and bandits would have fun organizing and trying to thwart these various efforts and the players feel like they can actually impact their environment.

I like DayZ right now, but I feel like there's no impact a group of people can make in Chernaus. It's a sandbox but it feels like a sandbox on the shore line. Any illusion of personal progress is quickly swept away by a wave, so you're never able to truly build something wonderful and unique. I don't want the Zombie count on a server to ever hit 0 and stay at 0, but I'd like it if people would be able to work together to eek a living outside of tents and forests.

The problem (if you want to call it that) is that people treat this game like it's Battle Royale/Hunger Games when it's supposed to be more like I Am Legend. We're not supposed to be each others enemies here; the environment is. But because this is an online game with guns peoples brains automatically switch to deathmatch mode because that's what we've all been taught for the last decade and a half.

Let me ask all of you somethin,

was the game BETTER or WORSE with the bandit skin?

....yea

A lot of players put themselves in situations where the only logical outcome is their death. For example a few days I was looting Elektro with my mate and some dude runs up behind me with an axe so I instantly dropped him. If he had engaged in conversation over direct mic, perhaps warned us he's in the area but he's friendly, he may have survived that encounter. There's also been instances where me and my friend have been holding the top floor of a building, we hear someone enter below, we warn them over direct mic to not enter upstairs yet they still run up. If you present yourself as a threat I'm simply not going to risk losing my gear.

I dont see what the big deal is' date=' stop staying by the coast, run inland, I do it every time, find me decent weaponry and I am set. Once I am armed, I head back to the coast to get me some supplies of some fresh survivors.

[/quote']

So you go inland get a high grade weapon, and head back to the coast to go kill new players?

The problem (if you want to call it that) is that people treat this game like it's Battle Royale/Hunger Games when it's supposed to be more like I Am Legend. We're not supposed to be each others enemies here; the environment is. But because this is an online game with guns peoples brains automatically switch to deathmatch mode because that's what we've all been taught for the last decade and a half.

And what if I enjoy killing other players?

It might be a problem for the mod' date=' I hope we'll soon see incentatives to play both as a humane survivor and as a murderous bandit. As of now, being friendly isn't an option.

[/quote']

Survivor HQ

Freeside Trading Co. (making a player city)

Medical Assistance (contact via steam)

That aside, running around like a moron and yelling "FRIENDLY???" will never be a valid playstyle.

GET A GROUP. If you encounter a stranger, send a scout out to approach him; have the rest of the group on overwatch. Approach him *knowing* that he will likely try to kill you. Try and open up lines of communication. If you have reason to actually suspect he might be friendly, test him. He doesn't know your friends have him in their sights -- if he opens up on you, waste him.

I dont see what the big deal is' date=' stop staying by the coast, run inland, I do it every time, find me decent weaponry and I am set. Once I am armed, I head back to the coast to get me some supplies of some fresh survivors.

[/quote']

So you go inland get a high grade weapon, and head back to the coast to go kill new players?

Yup! Something wrong with the need and will to kill a player? Would you rather me leave them alone? What is stopping them from doing the same thing I did? Nothing, theres nothing.

Its a veteran server for a reason, with certain things turned off, get over it. Seriously deal with death in whatever form it comes on, or move on to another game, as this one apprently doesnt fit you.

ive been shot at even when i dont have any gear on me.

i used to let new players live but once a guy sneaked up to my coyote bag to my bizon and some ammo and killed me after i let him live.

so now new rule... kill everyone in sight! sometimes they say friendly an i let them live for a while ... then i just kill them anyway... im just fed up with all these noobs killing you when ir trying to help them... heck, i might go sniping the beach and kill everybody before they get any gear.. that should keep them away

I love the mod but the pking killed it for me' date=' and everybody that replies with okthnxbai can go jump of a bridge.

This is the best mod ever and i will come back when pking is not the biggest thread in the mod.

When i see someone that has a gun i always say ''DONT SHOOT'' and ''FRIENDLY'' but they always shoot me on sight, so this mod actually sucks in this stage and i hope that this will get better soon.

[/quote']

one famous quote for you buddy:

There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Killing people in dayz is fun as hell.

i love to hunt and stalk people for the rush i get when i pull the trigger.

stop whining like vagina and just play the game better.

pvp makes this game what it is.