triplebullet187

Disconnects / Character Reset Consistently

Anyone else keep getting DC'd from the server they are on? Then when you log back in your character is reset with nothing you looted? If not what am I doing wrong? 

This has happened to me in the past. Please stick to official servers and tell me if you have the same problem.

This has happened to me in the past. Please stick to official servers and tell me if you have the same problem.

Ok, thanks for the advice, how do i know if a server is official? Just got the game yesterday so I'm straight noob status. 

This just happened to me on my Clan's server. I expected the 8PM reset. But still, logged onto the same server and reset. Didn't move and went to a different server and was still reset.

Goddamn it! I just sawed off a shotty, found ammo for the magnum, found an SKS and finished my improv backpack.... Think imma call it a night and play tomorrow.

Keep getting the discon. Lost my crossbow last time. And am now hypothermic. Wtf.?

Ok Devs this temp thing needs more work. Its worse than a nagging wife rofl.

And we SHOULDNT be cold if im running.

Sigh.

Oh well onward. :-)

Highlighted in Yellow.

N1n1I.png

Ok, thank you. I played on what I believe was an official server. Hosted by multiplaygameservers.com. Anyways, I DC'd and kept my stuff so idk if that helped or if I was lucky. Pretty much I think we are just gonna see some hotfixes here soon to help fix whats wrong with the new patch. 

Ok, thank you. I played on what I believe was an official server. Hosted by multiplaygameservers.com.

Multiplay does have some issues. Better stay away from those servers until further notice.

During Alpha, it's always good to stay in touch with the Dev's. You'll get immediate info about whats happening.

Multiplay does have some issues. Better stay away from those servers until further notice.

During Alpha, it's always good to stay in touch with the Dev's. You'll get immediate info about whats happening.

Tweets are meaningless. Before .49

Tweets are meaningless. Before .49

Ok, I DC'd off the multiplay server about two or three times and didn't lose my stuff so that's the good news. The other server I was on was the one that kept resetting my gear, I don't remember it unfortunately. Thanks for the help though. Even though the game is buggy and fps is a little moody, I'm rather enjoying my time. Cheers!

My first guy this afternoon on my friend's server I got the big red server disco, followed by the loss of all my stuff when I logged back in.

The good news is I logged in for two brief stints in my bud's server and I kept my new gear, which is so far way better than my old gear, so bravo.

But yes, I am fearful of playing on non-official servers right now.

Not that it matters. :P

Just got this myself after raiding nwaf and getting decent fear. That's two days of play up the shitter.... :(

Just got this myself after raiding nwaf and getting decent fear. That's two days of play up the shitter.... :(

I think you'll find the correct expression is down the shitter. Otherwise it means something quite different.

Ok, thanks for the advice, how do i know if a server is official? Just got the game yesterday so I'm straight noob status. 

Usually the servers will have their location in the title along with some numbers. An example of this would be "DayZ UK 02-02 (the server is in the United Kingdom) Or DayZ DE 02-02 (German server)" I've also noticed the US servers some times have their state there such as "DayZ NY 02-02"

What I usually do when I want to play on official servers would set my filter to "DayZ UK" or if I'm looking to play with some mates from the US I'll change it to "DayZ US"

In a nutshell look for servers with their origin followed by numbers.

Usually the servers will have their location in the title along with some numbers. An example of this would be "DayZ UK 02-02 (the server is in the United Kingdom) Or DayZ DE 02-02 (German server)" I've also noticed the US servers some times have their state there such as "DayZ NY 02-02"

What I usually do when I want to play on official servers would set my filter to "DayZ UK" or if I'm looking to play with some mates from the US I'll change it to "DayZ US"

In a nutshell look for servers with their origin followed by numbers.

Ahh, alright thanks man. 

i have came to the conclusion they are either a. not gonna fix the bug or b.they do it on purpose. now here is why, can u name a better way to make you put way more hours on the game and not get bored. what happens when ur char gets reset u go and find gear for another 3 hours.this issue has been around since dayz alpha was released but they throw new guns and new building and towns while intentionally sliding this under the rug.most people blame it on "its an alpha what do u expect" well i expect them to fix major issues and there not doing it. i literally cant play the game anymore my char has been reset over 20 times i guarentee they know exactly how to fix and what is causing it but yet they do nothing.

edit: do u ever get reset when u have a axe some food and a pistol no its only when ur fully geared that it happens to me.y is that

Edited by moses802