ZedsDeadBaby

Simple Solution to Loot Farming via Server Hopping

or you could just prevent loot spawns for players spawning in that place...

What about players like me who often need to go through a few servers before being able to play due to problems such as the infinite "loading"/waiting for host/waiting for character to create screen? Does the suppressed spawn zone activate once one spawns or the moment he/she joins the server?

And to the person who advised to learn timezones, some servers that only provide the location of the server do not always correlate with with the respective timezone in-game.

Or they can just fix all of the problems regarding server hopping aka ghosting, loot farming , people spawning beside you and murdering you.

All of those fixed with a simple simple solution.

Server specific locations.

Character location is tied to each server not every server.

Leave the server and your location is saved.

Join a new server you spawn at the coast.

BINGO 90 percent of the problems in Dayz fixed.

1500km/20min is way too long. Maybe 500m/5min. Does the job just as well. The problem is people logging out right next to spawns, not people running 500m to them.

Or they can just fix all of the problems regarding server hopping aka ghosting' date=' loot farming , people spawning beside you and murdering you.

All of those fixed with a simple simple solution.

Server specific locations.

Character location is tied to each server not every server.

Leave the server and your location is saved.

Join a new server you spawn at the coast.

BINGO 90 percent of the problems in Dayz fixed.

[/quote']

travelling in this game is incredibly time consuming. That's the worst possible solution.

dont do that dude i wont lie i have done that but i like to check around server for like the time i dont spawn in night servers ofter i just join randomly till i find sunlight that would screw daytimers over

Likewise' date=' players who camp hotspots waiting for loot farmers to login only to snipe them before their client finishes loading would find far fewer targets - and they might actually have to get up and move around a bit and use their brains to find targets instead of just sitting AFK with their sniper scope trained on the Stary Sobor military tents while they watch Netflix and eat cocoa puffs.

[/quote']

It's probably because it's 3 AM, but I laughed really hard at this part, in a good way.

Definetly +1 from me. I guess the best way of trying this would be implementing it in and test.

As good as this solution is intended, this will cause just as much problems as it will fix server hopping (and people will still do it, even with the limitations).

I have a feeling once the mod is more optimized for servers to hold more people that characters may become server locked. This completely fixes the server hopping as well as ghosting to some extent (people will still dc duing fights, however they won't be able to hop on another server to circle around you to ambush you). This can also lead to a more community driven experience as it will encourage you to have a home server.

Obviously this comes at some slight disadvantages, like maybe you don't like the day/night aspect of the mod (although tbh there is nothing from stopping you having 2 chars with 2 home servers, one during the day and one during the night etc) and ofc maybe your home server could be full (again having 2 home servers or more prevent this to some extent).

Unfortunaly any online game that doesn't have server limited chars with multiple servers will have this exploit to contend with in one way or another. It is still in alpha so lets be patient, see what happens and hope for server locked chars in the future.

would this affect you if you join server, and say get the frozen loading screen, or waiting to create character frozen screens, would i be punished for servers not loading?

also why not just make areas in the mod were you cannot log out or in? would that not solve the people jumping servers inside hot spots for loot?

Would it be worthwhile having a loot lock function to a server for a time period after looting on that server? Once you loot an item on any given server, you are locked into looting on that server only for a time period of a hour. This will help solve the server hopper issue as they will have to effectively only loot things on one server, and will not hurt individuals looking for a server based on conditions. If you log onto a server and do not pick anything up, you will not be server locked and will be uneffected. Server hoppers will still exist, but correct me if I am wrong, server hoppers really benefit from farming different servers and would be hurt if they were locked into a server with regard to loot for a long period of time.

Pros:

- Should hinder server hoppers abusing loot spawns sufficiently that they are subject to loot cycling instead of hopping which comes with a much greater risk.

- Should not impact innocent individuals looking for servers to play on

- Should have little impact to those with connection issues, understanding that they would need to connect to the same server they were disconnected from unless the server is full. However, if you know you have connection issues, you shouldn't be playing on full servers in the first place.

Cons:

- Will not prevent the first item/server loot, in the event someone is doing this for one item only, say NVGs.

- Will not prevent people from ghosting (even though this is not the topic of the thread)

Does loot cycling promote serving swapping? I thought it did pretty much the opposite.

(just read summary from your other thread seeing as ye want no discussion there :S)

Edit: ah never mind loot "farming" :')

Edited by 3rdParty

I like this, but an even better solution to even more problems is to stop server jumping. I doubt that would happen because devs had that idea in mind. If you wanna play on a different server then there should be a limit to maybe 3-4 jumps per day. Just an idea.