Sign in to follow this  
GodOfGrain

Blank Cartridges - Nice tool to check out freshspawns

Blank Cartridges would be a great addition if you want to team up with someone, but don't know whether you can trust him. 

... how, exactly? I can stand by the idea of blanks being added, but I don't really see how it would affect trusting someone. If you mean by giving them blank rounds and seeing whether they'd kill you, then I guess it'd have a point, but they could still see in the magazine that there were blank bullets loaded, thus making it moot.

Most guns require blank adapters to utilize blank rounds effectively anyway, as they're "messy rounds" (otherwise you'd better be thoroughly cleaning that gun). That, and the only real point of them would be to fire at people in order to drive them off - but they'll usually just return fire... AND you could also just intentionally aim away from them to achieve the same effect. I'm not against the idea of blanks, but they have next-to-no point in the game.

Basically, you shouldn't be teaming up with anyone you're not sure you can trust.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

You can use ruined ammunition.

Great hint using ruined ammunition, have to try that.

@ Chaingunfigher

You're right, they could check the magazine. But at least some would not know this or not think about it.

Blanks look different.

Gas powered firearms will not cycle correctly with blanks unless you use a blank firing adapter.

Blanks are less noisy than live rounds and can be told apart when hearing them.

You can still injure someone with blanks at close distances.

Great hint using ruined ammunition, have to try that.

@ Chaingunfigher

You're right, they could check the magazine. But at least some would not know this or not think about it.

Blanks can still be dangerous at a close range, so there's nothing stopping them from approaching you up close and killing you that way.

That, and I just wouldn't give a weapon to someone I wanted to test trust with. I'd see how they fared without one and if they could prove themselves then I'd let them advance.