Sign in to follow this  
Nox (DayZ)

UK 34 - Suspected Admin Abuse

Was playing on this server at 10:13 AM EST when I found a crashed heli. I scoped it out a bit, scoped out the area and saw nobody (thermal scope L85, no zombies near the town/chopper). Started making my way over there and when I got within 50m, server stops responding. I log back in, and of course, no heli. They respawn on reset.

I started running the opposite direction when bang, M107/AS50 in my back, no further than 200m which is where the heli used to sit. Snapped this picture http://i.imgur.com/cNp0I.png and the admin quickly logged off

Coincidence? Possible, but I doubt it

server stops responding

That's indicative of a server crash, not a simple reset. Unless the admin has found a way to imitate a server crash, there's no case of admin abuse here.

Wouldn't it have been much easier for the sniper to wait until you were picking up items from the crashed heli, and therefore stationary, to take his shot?

What does he have to gain from restarting the server when a) a potentially stationary target turns into a moving one b) all the loot from the heli disappears? c) the bait of the heli and his potential for more kills disappears?

Ohi, I'm the server owner, and I think you were out at a bad time, as I believe the sheduled restart was at that time, I'm not so sure, as I am not the one who put up the restarts, but it is highly likely, I'm sorry if it inconvinienced you =(

Wouldn't it have been much easier for the sniper to wait until you were picking up items from the crashed heli' date=' and therefore stationary, to take his shot?

What does he have to gain from restarting the server when a) a potentially stationary target turns into a moving one b) all the loot from the heli disappears? c) the bait of the heli and his potential for more kills disappears?

[/quote']

I was thinking along the same lines. Seemed a bit counter-intuitive for the admin to do it that way.