tont0r

Will Arma II/dayz run on a macbook air with windows 7?

Greetings everyone!

So I am a super huge zombie fan and I would love a chance to play this game. Right now though, I have a macbook air (i5/4gigs of ram). I know it doesnt run on mac, but I was wondering if I installed windows through bootcamp, how well would it run? There are a lot of hurdles I would have to jump in order to play this (and i would love to jump them), but if anyone has some insight on how it would run with this environment, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

now im sorry if i upset anyone by replying to this ageing post but i just wanted to give info to any macbook air users who come across this post as i did woundering how it will play now i have a macbook air 2010 and arma 2 / dayz run pretty well (much better then i whould have thought) the important things is make sure AA is disabled and post processing is off as well (my macbook really hates post i donno why) i play standard settings (high textures though) view distance about half to lower and i mean i dont get amazeing fps but its well perfectly playable after some tweeking a big fps boost is to lower the 3D resolution (but at a graphical loss)

so anyone looking to play this on there macbook air (2010 atlest) it will work

happy hunting!! :3

edit: to the op. you have a newer macbook air then me as i can guess lol i hear those have a intel 3000 HD (?) video card? mine has the 320m nvidia but as far as bootcamp and windows the biggest issue i had was you gotta make sure you download the drivers for the macbook air do Not use the drivers on a mac osx disc when in windows (Atlest for me) i had to uninstall the video drivers and get the newest ones from nvidia (intel in your case) other then that make sure directx and all that good stuff is install also there is a arma 2 demo you should get before paying money just to make sure everything will work good ~ cheers and good luck ! maybe we can survive together sometime

• Like 1

I really hope SA is optimized well enough to play good on the new intel 5000HD.. Does anyone know?

If it has either a 320m or a 330m, it'll run okay. 30 frames with medium settings, low texture detail, no AA or PP, and a low view distance. My cousin plays DayZ on bootcamp with a MacBook pro with HD 4000, so you should do as well or better.

I really hope SA is optimized well enough to play good on the new intel 5000HD.. Does anyone know?

The HD 5000 would be good enough to play on medium settings I'd assume.