Bizzy_Makanik

Support Version help.

I just bought the support version of this game and it won't launch. I double click DayZ icon and it prepares launch, the screen goes black for a second with a oversized process mouse icon, then goes back to desktop like nothing is supposed to be happening...help please?

I just bought the support version of this game and it won't launch. I double click DayZ icon and it prepares launch, the screen goes black for a second with a oversized process mouse icon, then goes back to desktop like nothing is supposed to be happening...help please?

Whats the support version ?DO you mean the early release alpha version we all have? have you tried verifying the game cache, does your pc meet min specs to play , are all your drivers updated.Have you checked the support forum for anyone having the same problem , have you tried closing steam and re opening it then trying again.

In other words what have you tried kinda helps to know what you have done to be able to do anything to help....

ok...kinda green to computer lingo but here goes....2 GB RAM...2.99 GHz Processor...no idea the "HDD" space, couldnt find...or framerate...I downloaded from steam...Dear bizzy_makanik, 

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam. 

If you’re new to Steam, install the free Steam application now:

http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam

To play your new games, just launch the Steam application on your computer and log in using your Steam account name: bizzy_makanik. Your games will be available in Steam on the "Library" tab.

Any Downloadable Content (DLC) you've purchased is automatically downloaded and will be accessible from within the base game on Steam. To view your new DLC from within your Library, right-click on the base game and select "View Downloadable Content."

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History 
online at any time by visiting https://store.steampowered.com/account.

DayZ  
29.99 USD

Subtotal:
29.99 USD
Tax:
0.00 USD

Total:
29.99 USD

Download went very smooth, took about 15 minutes to download...I reset my computer 3 times now...went to chat room and got majorly accused of pirating...and wrote in two forums including this one...lol...phew...

and i called it support version because it said i wasnt downloading game...i was paying for the "idea" of a game....or something like that...Alpha version

Whats the support version ?DO you mean the early release alpha version we all have? have you tried verifying the game cache, does your pc meet min specs to play , are all your drivers updated.Have you checked the support forum for anyone having the same problem , have you tried closing steam and re opening it then trying again.

In other words what have you tried kinda helps to know what you have done to be able to do anything to help....

It's almost like it tries to switch my screen resolution but fails and goes back to desktop....

It's almost like it tries to switch my screen resolution but fails and goes back to desktop....

OK, this is a very common problem when you first start the game, I had it too.  

Go to Documents > DayZ > DayZ CFG file, alter it so that it reads Resolution_W=1280; Resolution_H=720; - change the numbers in bold, I'm assuming yours will be a lot smaller.  Save the file, start the game and now you should be able to see the menu.

I've got a feeling this problem happens with video cards which don't support the default resolution when the game first starts.  As you've only got 2GB RAM, which isn't really enough to play the game, I'm assuming your graphics might not be up to it either.  Find out your card and post it here.

To find out your Video Card, right click on the desktop, click on Screen Resolution, click on Advanced Settings and it should be next to where it says 'Adapter String'.  If you're on a laptop it might only tell you your integrated graphics, so go to Control Panel, View By: Small Icons, Device Manager, and then under 'Display Adapters'.  This method will tell you everything about your hardware.  You can also find your CPU on here.  This should work with both Windows 7 and 8.

Edited by Jack Black