Sign in to follow this  
Scarcifer

Rappelling Suit,Gear,Weapons, and more

Think about it, having the option to rappel down a building. Or even later after they implement helicopters. You could tactically descend or ascend from one. Parachutes would be a great addition to the game. Of course it wouldn't be useful until planes or air travel of some sort was put into the game; It would only make sense when searching an airfield's tower or hangers that you would have some sort of probability of finding one. You could essential craft if you had a blade and something else a make shit net, or a net trap. Or it could have other useful purposes like a fishing snare net, Combine with some logs against a surface for a Make shift lean too Structure that you could stack foliage on, and there's other purposes think about it be creative. On the other hand though Deconstructing it.: Could make rags,rope,and a kinda makeshift backpack. They should also add a Hockey bag option for carrying/storing loot.That way you could carry more then one primary. On top of having another descent size item persistent storage space. Maybe even add some scuba gear. If you add scuba you must add sharks to the ocean though for aggressive AI animal and to deter people from trying to be super sneaky trying to kill people by creeping onto islands,harbors, and boats after if they get implemented, but wait if you have all that you will need a spear gun and a diving knife.Tear gas in the form of a pin throw-able grenade or a launch-able style from a rifle mounted launcher. Maybe being able to find crabs for a source of food that you could cook in a pot that you must fill with water and boil. Soviet Based weapons id like to see would be some sort of Rpg,a Tokarev, a RPK,TM series or PMN mines, PFM mines,MON mines, or maybe even water mines, an SPP-1 underwater pistol and their APS underwater rifle(Maybe some coral and reefs and fish life,possibly more islands?), OR a mortar launcher of some sort like the 82-BM-37, PSM pistol, GP-25 grenade launcher for ak series of assault rifles or something similar, OR a Stechkin automatic pistol. AO-27 rifle.RPO-A Shmel rocket launcher with its various types of ammo it was known for.MSP Groza Silent Pistol,Kolokol-!, IP-2 light machine gun,M249 at a crash site maybe? What if could harvest sea weed for some sort of useful purpose.What about an ultimate rare occasion of running into some npc survivors mostly lonely but once in awhile be in  a group/tribe/pocket of survivors. depending where you are on the map changes the probability of running into them. What their attitude would be like would be based  on probability factor.Maytbe even an old outpost with a couple of friendly NPC mercenary's that will trade or sell you valuable supplies in a certain secluded town somewhere. Folding razor would be a sweet melee weapon

Whoa, whoa, whoa, a lot of these suggestions are just way too over the top for DayZ, which is supposed to be a hardcore survival game. Scuba diving? Sharks? Underwater pistols? The body of water surrounding Chernarus's south and east coasts is just a wide section of a river so I don't think that would make any sense at all. Same with a lot of suggestions that go against the survival aspect. Jumping out of planes, rappeling down buildings, etc is just pure action game stuff and doesn't fit DayZ. I do like your enthusiasm and brainstorming there though, and some suggestions like duffel bags for carrying stuff and more soviet weaponry are good ideas.

My eyes...

But seriously where is the rope access, mountaineering etc...sigh this is the only all sorts outdoor adventure game you are likely to see, got to make an excess of demands!

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

I quite like the idea of rapelling to be honest. However ladders are deadly enough for me at the moment!

Can I just check OP? In the 4th line of your post did mean to say this "something else a make shift net" or are you really that keen to make a bad net? ;-)

Edited by TheRunningManZ
  • Like 1

just out of curiosity, what are you intending to repel down? this is not a major city like New York, London or Sydney. there are not hundreds of 50 story sky scrapers. there are a couple of apartment blocks. so tell me, in what way does it benefit the game?

You need to break up your suggestions into bite sized chunks.  Some things you've said will never happen, such as NPCs.  Some things have been suggested before many times.

The weapons i'm not going to touch as variety is the spice of life, but they want the majority of ranged weapons to be civilian ones.

As for coral reefs and sharks and scuba.  I see no logical reason for this, at least with the current map.  Chenarus is located on the 'Green Sea' in the Armaverse, who's real life counterpart would either be the Black Sea (most obvious) or the Caspian Sea.  While as I Hawaiian I know sharks go wherever the hell they please, they're not likely to be in these locations, along with tropical coral fish.  Sure there's crab and lobster, but you'd use traps for those, not go diving and spend a lot of calories and equipment.  Not to mention that water's probably fucking cold, not worth the effort to try and spear a couple fish or grab some crabs.

I believe parachutes have been mentioned.  In the mod you got one automatically when you jumped out of an aircraft past a certain height and then it would despawn.  In the SA it would more than likely be something rare you'd have to loot and have one use and take up a bit of inventory or a bag/vest slot.

Follow me here,Breaking down the parachute:(Requires a Knife, or blade to start process) lets Say if you cut the parachute out of the bag(Essentially a small back created) and decided to only cut a certain portion of rope off it. Because surely it would contain more then one loot-able rope . And essential using the left over with a some sort of bait and/or camouflage(for higher success of AI not noticing the trap) and a counter weight lets say a huge stone rope ran to tree essential small game trap for example. Google net trap, That style makeshift trap  has been used as simple trapping method for animals and people for generations, it is nothing new. There are many styles with different trigger methods all basic principle though. 

It only seemed possible With the scuba gear if they ever added boats or more islands or masses of water inland. Rappelling,... Yes There are only a few tall buildings.It would be more a better tactical purpose for helicopter ops, But if they essentially added ladders to more factory's roofs and access to all the rest of the high places of the map, which players don't have access too.Therd It only seems during a Apocalypse there wouldn't still be able to find a piece of a helicopter that was lets say in the service of the Gov't, That you could eventually come back to with parts even though it would be hard as fuck and a long process, but eventually tinkering one together.There will always be some one with the knowledge that can or find the parts(Possibly downed heli-crashes) It would only seem essential if they did ever incorporate some sort of NPC's that they would at least put 1 Military style faction that exists. That lets say has aggression towards people(maybe even cannibals?) that have a working chopper's possible. That would also help initially make players possible help work together when they see each other. Plus some sort of scale, for ranges of running into other NPC survivors(Pockets of people or a singular person) that can be friendly or sinister. Or wait what if Players could be cannibals?

I would like them to keep a lot of the land bare though that why its more survival and wasteland theme. It only seems like their would be some sort of rare probability of finding some sort of advance for it's time soviet weaponry. I would love them to incorporate some sort of .380 style revolver. like I mentioned...... The Ideas about sharks and The whole underwater aspect which I mentioned with coral or in general is for the developers to consider when if they make more levels in the future.Because surely the Apocalypse doesn't stop here.......... Or maybe what if they decide to add a big lake somewhere on the existing map (or more islands). That would make under water travel more essential for survival or get your head blown off swimming?hmm m I'd go with staying alive. I know the game is faaaaaar from Being anywhere near done, but its' always positive to look ahead into the future...

I have a feeling he may have just completed that god awful mission in GTA V. The one where you save the guy from having a flashlight shoved inside him.