Cap'n (DayZ)

Allies Victorious!

I honestly fail to understand the reasoning behind people stating that guns and vehicles would be super rare considering that this game is not based on a post nuclear apocolypse, why? No one has yet come up with a tangible arguement as to why this would be the case. Manufacture may have stopped certainly, but, considering the number of firearms and even more so vehicles in circulation around the world this kind of statement is totally and utterly absurd. What you are attempting to say is that suddenly a vast majority of firearms, munitions and vehicles are suddenly wiped off the face of the earth without a trace correct?

I personally own a couple of dozen firearms, munitions for them, reloading equipment and a couple of vehicles both 2 wheel and 4 wheel and, unless hit by a nuclear explosion, I don't to see how weapons and vehicles would be super rare, ammo yes eventually and fuel too along with spare parts but that would be years down the line.

That's what I'm saying though, that'd only be the case if the game took place years down the line, which it clearly does not.

They don't ruin the desolate feel so much as they simply don't fit, not without any sort of back story or more clues in the environment. The weapons mentioned, AN-94, SCAR, M107, Cheytac, etc, are all weapons that do not see standard use in most militaries, and are rare even within them, so just by working with the laws of probability, the odds of seeing even 1 in Chernarus are low.

The need to create separation is an artificial one based on the way other MMOs work (WoW, EQ, SWTOR, etc). In DayZ, there are no levels, there are no talent points, there are no classes, etc. It's simply you and your character, and a character that's been alive for 3 months could look exactly the same, or worse, than a character that's been alive for 3 days.

Well, I simply do not agree with the whole "it fits the setting" argument.

The FN SCAR is used by Poland, Croatia, Lithuania, Serbia, and Turkey, all of which are around the region that Chernarus would most likely be in. Yes, it's only really used by special forces, but I'm not advocating for them to be the most common guns in the game. That, and of course it's also used by the United States, Germany, France, and Belgium, so you could also argue that it's presence is justified by a NATO intervention, especially considering special forces are usually the REAL first guys on the ground.

The M107 is used by the Czech Republic, Finland, Georgia, Lithuania, Poland, Serbia, and Turkey, which again, are all somewhat near where Chernarus would be situated (and the fact that the Czech Republic is the largest design inspiration for Chernarus.) And again, if you can't accept that Chernarus would use them, then NATO intervention still allows for Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portgual, the United States, the United Kingdom, Greece, Germany, as well as most of the other former warsaw pact countries, now a part of NATO, to have brought the M107 into Chernarus. I don't really care for any anti-materiel rifles in the game (at this point), but it's not at all an oddity/uncommonplace, and definitely acceptable for the setting were it chosen.

The Cheytac M-200 Intervention is used by Poland & Turkey, again close to Chernarus. I don't see any reason for it in the game, simply because it uses it's own ammunition type, but it's not really out of place if you want to argue that Chernarussian special forces used them.

Ironically enough, the AN-94, the only actual Eastern Bloc weapon, is the least likely of them all. It's only used by Russia in limited numbers, but guess what - it's used by the Russian Army & by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, aka MVD, both of whom intervened in the Chernarussian uprising in ArmA 2. Still not impossible for Russian "peacekeepers" to have been deployed following the disease, with some of them using AN-94s.

Either way, that's just arguing from a realistic perspective. Having realistic guns is a good thing, but realism should not be the sole factor that judges whether a gun makes it in, the overall improvement to the gameplay should be the real deciding factor. Yes, DayZ isn't meant to be an MMO where balance is a thing, but that doesn't mean the AKM should be the most common weapon in the game simply because it probably would be in real life.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

snip

Just because Poland has half a dozen or so scars does not mean its prevalent or likely to be found anywhere.

I would even go so far as to say that there are probably more Scars in US homes than there are out in military service in any of those nations you listed.

Would you find an obscure weapon in Chenarus maybe but the high unlikeliness warrants it probably take low priority.

This is not to mention how jarring a ultra modern obscure weapon would be in the hands of what is supposed to be a starving survivor.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

Well, I simply do not agree with the whole "it fits the setting" argument.

The FN SCAR is used by Poland, Croatia, Lithuania, Serbia, and Turkey, all of which are around the region that Chernarus would most likely be in. Yes, it's only really used by special forces, but I'm not advocating for them to be the most common guns in the game. That, and of course it's also used by the United States, Germany, France, and Belgium, so you could also argue that it's presence is justified by a NATO intervention, especially considering special forces are usually the REAL first guys on the ground.

The M107 is used by the Czech Republic, Finland, Georgia, Lithuania, Poland, Serbia, and Turkey, which again, are all somewhat near where Chernarus would be situated (and the fact that the Czech Republic is the largest design inspiration for Chernarus.) And again, if you can't accept that Chernarus would use them, then NATO intervention still allows for Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portgual, the United States, the United Kingdom, Greece, Germany, as well as most of the other former warsaw pact countries, now a part of NATO, to have brought the M107 into Chernarus. I don't really care for any anti-materiel rifles in the game (at this point), but it's not at all an oddity/uncommonplace, and definitely acceptable for the setting were it chosen.

The Cheytac M-200 Intervention is used by Poland & Turkey, again close to Chernarus. I don't see any reason for it in the game, simply because it uses it's own ammunition type, but it's not really out of place if you want to argue that Chernarussian special forces used them.

Ironically enough, the AN-94, the only actual Eastern Bloc weapon, is the least likely of them all. It's only used by Russia in limited numbers, but guess what - it's used by the Russian Army & by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, aka MVD, both of whom intervened in the Chernarussian uprising in ArmA 2. Still not impossible for Russian "peacekeepers" to have been deployed following the disease, with some of them using AN-94s.

Either way, that's just arguing from a realistic perspective. Having realistic guns is a good thing, but realism should not be the sole factor that judges whether a gun makes it in, the overall improvement to the gameplay should be the real deciding factor. Yes, DayZ isn't meant to be an MMO where balance is a thing, but that doesn't mean the AKM should be the most common weapon in the game simply because it probably would be in real life.

Actually, I think of it more as an combination of Moldova, Ukraine, and Georgia. The CDF however take a lot of inspiration from the Ukrainian Armed Forces, so anything they'd use the CDF would probably use.

Just because Poland has half a dozen or so scars does not mean its prevalent or likely to be found anywhere.

I would even go so far as to say that there are probably more Scars in US homes than there are out in military service in any of those nations you listed.

Would you find an obscure weapon in Chenarus maybe but the high unlikeliness warrants it probably take low priority.

This is not to mention how jarring a ultra modern obscure weapon would be in the hands of what is supposed to be a starving survivor.

Considering civilians can't actually get the SCAR, I'd have to say you're wrong. (I'm not counting semi-automatic variants) And it's an expensive, relatively-new firearm, so most of the military customers would've received theirs in bulk while civilian manufacturing comes second.

I'm not saying it should take a high priority, but they DO exist in those countries, so my point is that you can't argue that it's out of place. That's not to mention that Chernarus is a fictional region, so there's no such thing as "doesn't fit the setting".

The SCAR is not, in any way, "obscure", it's a fairly well adopted and definitely widely known. If you're going to argue that it's "jarring" because it's an "ultra-modern" weapon, then the FNX-45 should bother you much more, considering it has not been adopted by a single military organization as of yet. I don't want the FN SCAR, if added, to be a common weapon, but if it were made as rare as other helicopter crashsite weapons, then what's the problem with it?

We may as well remove the M4A1, FNX-45, 1911, AK-101/AK-74M, the MP5K, the flashbang, every aftermarket attachment for the AKM except the folding stock, as well as most attachments for other weapons, if you're really going to argue that modern weaponry is too hard for you to accept with "starving survivors", because seeing an M4A1 outfitted with full MAGPUL parts, and M203, and ACOG sight would be just as surprising to see in the hands of someone who has next to nothing as a SCAR.

And last time I checked, the entire game isn't about EVERYONE being starving survivors ALL THE TIME. I know you want the endgame to be essentially getting barely enough food to sustain yourself, where even guns like the Mosin and SKS are on the loot centralization system, but I don't see it the same way. Maybe we just inherently disagree about where the game should end up, but I actually would like being well off to be a thing, and not just the entire game being some endless super-difficult struggle. (The game should never become EASY, but actually advancing yourself into an acceptably advanced state should be a thing.)

Actually, I think of it more as an combination of Moldova, Ukraine, and Georgia. The CDF however take a lot of inspiration from the Ukrainian Armed Forces, so anything they'd use the CDF would probably use.

There's no actual complete basis for Chernarus, but the geography is taken directly from the Czech Republic, and quite a lot of the atmosphere is as well. Of course, there are Russian, Ukrainian, Moldovan, Georgian, Chechen, and plenty of other bases, but Chernarus is an inherently fictional region. There's no specific country that the devs have to base it on, because it doesn't exist, but because of previous comments, they seem to pick the Czech Republic as the best inspiration, which means that arms can be across the board.

That, and even Ukraine has some "obscure, ultra-modern" (according to gibonez) firearms, like the TAR-21, Fort-401/IMI Negev, Fort-301/Galil & VPR-308. And lest we forget all of the arms that are manufactured/used across the region, but unofficially. Ukrainian rebels have AKs of all kinds, AR-15s, the aforementioned Israeli firearms, and plenty of other guns supplied by Russia/other countries/arms dealers, in addition to a wide range of personally owned weapons.

My point is that because of globalization, practically any firearm is acceptable, and that there aren't too many you can truly say "don't fit the setting" with complete merit.

Considering civilians can't actually get the SCAR, I'd have to say you're wrong. (I'm not counting semi-automatic variants) And it's an expensive, relatively-new firearm, so most of the military customers would've received theirs in bulk while civilian manufacturing comes second.

I'm not saying it should take a high priority, but they DO exist in those countries, so my point is that you can't argue that it's out of place. That's not to mention that Chernarus is a fictional region, so there's no such thing as "doesn't fit the setting".

The SCAR is not, in any way, "obscure", it's a fairly well adopted and definitely widely known. If you're going to argue that it's "jarring" because it's an "ultra-modern" weapon, then the FNX-45 should bother you much more, considering it has not been adopted by a single military organization as of yet. I don't want the FN SCAR, if added, to be a common weapon, but if it were made as rare as other helicopter crashsite weapons, then what's the problem with it?

We may as well remove the M4A1, FNX-45, 1911, AK-101/AK-74M, the MP5K, the flashbang, every aftermarket attachment for the AKM except the folding stock, as well as most attachments for other weapons, if you're really going to argue that modern weaponry is too hard for you to accept with "starving survivors", because seeing an M4A1 outfitted with full MAGPUL parts, and M203, and ACOG sight would be just as surprising to see in the hands of someone who has next to nothing as a SCAR.

And last time I checked, the entire game isn't about EVERYONE being starving survivors ALL THE TIME. I know you want the endgame to be essentially getting barely enough food to sustain yourself, where even guns like the Mosin and SKS are on the loot centralization system, but I don't see it the same way. Maybe we just inherently disagree about where the game should end up, but I actually would like being well off to be a thing, and not just the entire game being some endless super-difficult struggle. (The game should never become EASY, but actually advancing yourself into an acceptably advanced state should be a thing.)

There's no actual complete basis for Chernarus, but the geography is taken directly from the Czech Republic, and quite a lot of the atmosphere is as well. Of course, there are Russian, Ukrainian, Moldovan, Georgian, Chechen, and plenty of other bases, but Chernarus is an inherently fictional region. There's no specific country that the devs have to base it on, because it doesn't exist, but because of previous comments, they seem to pick the Czech Republic as the best inspiration, which means that arms can be across the board.

That, and even Ukraine has some "obscure, ultra-modern" (according to gibonez) firearms, like the TAR-21, Fort-401/IMI Negev, Fort-301/Galil & VPR-308. And lest we forget all of the arms that are manufactured/used across the region, but unofficially. Ukrainian rebels have AKs of all kinds, AR-15s, the aforementioned Israeli firearms, and plenty of other guns supplied by Russia/other countries/arms dealers, in addition to a wide range of personally owned weapons.

My point is that because of globalization, practically any firearm is acceptable, and that there aren't too many you can truly say "don't fit the setting" with complete merit.

I keep up with the Ukraine conflict as best as I can, and from what I understand, these kinds of weapons are definitely limited to Special forces types. Interestingly enough, individual soldiers use pretty up-to-date Western gear (circa 2003), as the UK & US have sent a boatload of surplus uniforms and vests to the forces. So you see starved National Guard units with AKM's and first gen 74's, but decked with modern "tacticool" gear.

I think that is the best way to represent the CDF, personally.

Mali or CAR,

(Somaliland-google it)

Anyways the fact you started off saying you don't care about it being a colony or not means I really don't have any further argument with you.

When I read what Sacha and Heav quoted it set me off and I assumed you were on the same state of mind...

Good day.

Been to all three countries, well, the third is not a country in itself officially but an autonomous state and quite a way from Zimbabwe (no need to google).

Can't really agrue with that, and, it has to be admitted however much you may feel uncomfortable with it that Zim was much better off when it was Rhodesia as we just have to look at the then and now. The country is clearly incapable of governing itself while a despot dictator along with his extremely racist and money grabbing cronies are in power. You only have to look at the number of viable working farms to understand what is going on, Zimbabwe has been taken back into the stone age.

But this is not on topic...so back to the thread

Edited by Legio23

I keep up with the Ukraine conflict as best as I can, and from what I understand, these kinds of weapons are definitely limited to Special forces types. Interestingly enough, individual soldiers use pretty up-to-date Western gear (circa 2003), as the UK & US have sent a boatload of surplus uniforms and vests to the forces. So you see starved National Guard units with AKM's and first gen 74's, but decked with modern "tacticool" gear.

I think that is the best way to represent the CDF, personally.

I like the choices they've made representing the CDF so far.

They don't even have to put weapons like the TAR-21/SCAR/AUG/AN-94/whatever as CDF weapons, they could simply be NATO/UN/Russian intervention weapons. However, I like the idea of some unconventional weapons being made into CDF special-operations weapons, rather than all simply foreign guns. I've never stated how common I want these kinds of weapons to be, I'm just stating that there's no real problem with including them.

Yes I was counting the civilian version.

I will have to say chances are there are more civilian scars in US homes than those countries you mentioned. Although impossible to get an number It would be pretty safe to say the market for these obscure firearms is are fighter in the Continental US in the civilian market than even in these Eastern European Militaries.

Take the Ukraine for example, sure they procured some tavors but in reality does it even matter that they did ? They bought what 50 of the rifles ? 100 of the rifles ? Those numbers are so small it is insignificant. I have yet to see any video or even a picture of these tavor equipped troops fighting the rebels in the East.

Everyone is armed as they would expect with ak74s, SVDs, pkms and whatever surplus Soviet weapon they can find. Heck on VICE there is even a rebel armed with a ppsh 41.

All I am saying is just because a military has procured an obscure weapon does not mean its at all likely to be found in that military's hands , the numbers in which they are not only procured but issued is so small its insignificant.

The IMI Galil isn't "ultra modern" it's been in service for about 30 years I believe. The TAR21 is replacing it. The Galil has a ton of variants as well.

The IMI Galil isn't "ultra modern" it's been in service for about 30 years I believe. The TAR21 is replacing it. The Galil has a ton of variants as well.

The variant they use is a super modified modern version, and either way, it's not a common Eastern European firearm, relative to AKs and whatnot.

Yes I was counting the civilian version.

I will have to say chances are there are more civilian scars in US homes than those countries you mentioned. Although impossible to get an number It would be pretty safe to say the market for these obscure firearms is are fighter in the Continental US in the civilian market than even in these Eastern European Militaries.

Take the Ukraine for example, sure they procured some tavors but in reality does it even matter that they did ? They bought what 50 of the rifles ? 100 of the rifles ? Those numbers are so small it is insignificant. I have yet to see any video or even a picture of these tavor equipped troops fighting the rebels in the East.

Everyone is armed as they would expect with ak74s, SVDs, pkms and whatever surplus Soviet weapon they can find. Heck on VICE there is even a rebel armed with a ppsh 41.

All I am saying is just because a military has procured an obscure weapon does not mean its at all likely to be found in that military's hands , the numbers in which they are not only procured but issued is so small its insignificant.

And what's your point? Never once did I say they should be readily available, or common at all. SCARs and whatnot should be incredibly rare, but to say that they are out of place is still wrong because they DO exist, in whatever small numbers they do.

You do have to exaggerate those numbers when you are making a video game, because there'd be no point in making a brand new gun if only 12 of them existed across the board, but I'm not saying there should be thousands of them either. Otherwise, they'd better just make the AKM, SKS, and Mosin the most common rifles in the game, because in most Eastern European countries they'd far outnumber guns like the Sporter-22, CR-527, Blaze 95, and whatnot, simply because those are all imported (save for the CZ-527).

"Everyone is armed as they would expect with ak74s, SVDs, pkms and wahtever surplus Soviet weapon they can find. Heck on VICE there is even a rebel armed with a ppsh 41."

Yeah, most of the rebels do have them, but it's hardly everyone. The PPSh-41 is honestly just as much of an oddity (numbers wise) nowadays as most modern weapons, simply because the role of SMGs deteriorated and there's no real demand for them, unlike Tokarevs & Mosins.

10492604_825854804091994_527350199262932

This guy's got a PMAG, RIS handguard, flashlight, and Aimpoint on his AK.

2474306803.jpg

Another super customized AK on the left, possibly the same guy. Props to the guy with the shotgun fitted with an crane stock on the right.

532324ea67d5d.jpeg

Two TAR-21s and a Negev with a STANAG magazine

53231f19e3c66.jpeg.

Another TAR-21

s_r09_76347223.jpg

Customized AKM with receiver RIS, an RDS optic, and GP-25/GP-30

s_r22_RTR3G2SG.jpg

VSS Vintorez on the right

s_r34_RTR3GGXT.jpg

AR-10/AR-15 with a MAGPUL stock, bipod, and scope. And a bunch of AK-74P/AK-74M rifles.

Clearly they aren't the most common weapons, but they ARE there, so there's no "realism" argument against them being added.

• Like 1

The "realism" argument comes from the likelihood of seeing them. Like Gibonez said earlier, even if a country has purchased weapons, and therefore technically uses them, the numbers of such weapons used would determine whether or not those weapons are likely to see much service in the engagement. Rare weapons, like the Cheytac, Scar, etc., are exceptionally unlikely to be seen by forces in this game, regardless whether or not countries Chernarus is modeled after use them or not, because of my second point.

Regarding your statement about Special Forces being the first into a situation is true in some circumstances; but not this one. This was a viral outbreak in a civilian population of unknown cause and with an unknown cure. You don't send special forces into that sort of situation to establish a quarantine, you send in the national guard, or a civilian defense force or some other equivalent until they requested UN aid. The weapons found there ought to be based on what that sort of force was likely to use, which is to say AKMs, AK-74s, maybe a few AKS-74Us, and then M4s, M16s, G36s, L85s, FALs, etc. Rare weapons that are used only by select special forces units simply don't belong and aren't found in those types of military/paramilitary units.

For them to fit the "they do exist and are there in real life, so they should be in the game" argument, they'd have to be so rare as to be practically unfindable, and if that's the case, then why even bother going through the effort of coding, modelling, and developing them?

Regarding your statement about Special Forces being the first into a situation is true in some circumstances; but not this one. This was a viral outbreak in a civilian population of unknown cause and with an unknown cure. You don't send special forces into that sort of situation to establish a quarantine, you send in the national guard, or a civilian defense force or some other equivalent until they requested UN aid.

Yet another person ignoring the fact that the devs stated that this game is tied to the events of ArmA 2 where US Marine Recon Russian Spetsnaz was active.

LOL @ the scope on middle guy with the two girls.  Maybe i'm just a creep but i'd be looking down that barrel :0

Also beans for TAR

would love the TAR or MTAR.  The games i've experienced in them, they've handled very well and have a really nice 44gallon drum run sound to them baahaawaahwaahaaahaaahwaaahaawaah.

Plus they seem to spit lead.  Glorious 556 calibre also!  Throw in the conversion kit and an Uzi alongside, and you could have 9mm either or.

edit for TAR love: female IDF with GTAR from Wikipedia.  Almost as tall as her.

640px-Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_P

Edited by q.S Sachiel

s_r22_RTR3G2SG.jpg

I definitely agree that we need furry leg-warmers and high-heeled shoes added.

Where are the places these pictures were taken, by the way? And when?

I definitely agree that we need furry leg-warmers and high-heeled shoes added.

Where are the places these pictures were taken, by the way? And when?

Ukraine - supposedly. When? I'm not sure, within the year. Regardless, those aren't IDF soldiers, so you can tell that these weapons exist across Eastern Europe.

Ukraine - supposedly. When? I'm not sure, within the year. Regardless, those aren't IDF soldiers, so you can tell that these weapons exist across Eastern Europe.

Yeah, but Ukraine isn't exactly typical at the moment. Perhaps they exist there because the Russian government has been "possibly", "allegedly" shipping in large amounts of military stuff to the region in the last few months? 

But then again, Chernarus was supposedly in a similar situation, I guess.

The variant they use is a super modified modern version, and either way, it's not a common Eastern European firearm, relative to AKs and whatnot.

And what's your point? Never once did I say they should be readily available, or common at all. SCARs and whatnot should be incredibly rare, but to say that they are out of place is still wrong because they DO exist, in whatever small numbers they do.

You do have to exaggerate those numbers when you are making a video game, because there'd be no point in making a brand new gun if only 12 of them existed across the board, but I'm not saying there should be thousands of them either. Otherwise, they'd better just make the AKM, SKS, and Mosin the most common rifles in the game, because in most Eastern European countries they'd far outnumber guns like the Sporter-22, CR-527, Blaze 95, and whatnot, simply because those are all imported (save for the CZ-527).

"Everyone is armed as they would expect with ak74s, SVDs, pkms and wahtever surplus Soviet weapon they can find. Heck on VICE there is even a rebel armed with a ppsh 41."

Yeah, most of the rebels do have them, but it's hardly everyone. The PPSh-41 is honestly just as much of an oddity (numbers wise) nowadays as most modern weapons, simply because the role of SMGs deteriorated and there's no real demand for them, unlike Tokarevs & Mosins.

10492604_825854804091994_527350199262932

This guy's got a PMAG, RIS handguard, flashlight, and Aimpoint on his AK.

2474306803.jpg

Another super customized AK on the left, possibly the same guy. Props to the guy with the shotgun fitted with an crane stock on the right.

532324ea67d5d.jpeg

Two TAR-21s and a Negev with a STANAG magazine

53231f19e3c66.jpeg.

Another TAR-21

s_r09_76347223.jpg

Customized AKM with receiver RIS, an RDS optic, and GP-25/GP-30

s_r22_RTR3G2SG.jpg

VSS Vintorez on the right

s_r34_RTR3GGXT.jpg

AR-10/AR-15 with a MAGPUL stock, bipod, and scope. And a bunch of AK-74P/AK-74M rifles.

Clearly they aren't the most common weapons, but they ARE there, so there's no "realism" argument against them being added.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but when have Russian soldiers ever been this well equipped? Just a couple years ago, they still had the 90's era Flora camouflage and old M65 helmets. These guys have digital, Partizan, and Gorka covers with modern MOLLE gear and what looks like PAGST ripoffs. Where the hell did the Ground Forces get the money to upgrade to this stuff?

I know this is a bit off-topic, but when have Russian soldiers ever been this well equipped? Just a couple years ago, they still had the 90's era Flora camouflage and old M65 helmets. These guys have digital, Partizan, and Gorka covers with modern MOLLE gear and what looks like PAGST ripoffs. Where the hell did the Ground Forces get the money to upgrade to this stuff?

Some of them are insurgents/rebels, so they would've been receiving off-hand gear and guns from all over the place. The Russian soldiers in Ukraine are probably not standard troops, simply because Russia is operating under the guise that they haven't actually sent any men there.

That, and Putin has increased Russian military spending quite immensely.

Yeah, but Ukraine isn't exactly typical at the moment. Perhaps they exist there because the Russian government has been "possibly", "allegedly" shipping in large amounts of military stuff to the region in the last few months? 

But then again, Chernarus was supposedly in a similar situation, I guess.

No, you're right - it isn't typical. However, Chernarus isn't in a typical situation either. Even ignoring the ArmA 2 campaign, there was still quite clearly military deployments across Chernarus while the infection spread, and infighting likely occurred (evidenced by vehicles ridden with bullet holes, and things like tanks blown to pieces which clearly could not have been caused by zombies).

That, and there are UH-60 (temp, but still) crashsites, so there's evidence of a NATO/US (or Austrian/Turkish) presence. If that's the case, then the Chernarussian military/survivors may have been donated gear & weapons, in addition to guns left behind by NATO forces today and during the 2009 invasion.

All manner of guns can appear in the game.

• Like 1

Yet another person ignoring the fact that the devs stated that this game is tied to the events of ArmA 2 where US Marine Recon Russian Spetsnaz was active.

Did the outbreak occur while they were in there?

Did the outbreak occur while they were in there?

Judging by the wrecked UH-60s and soft shell humvees, yes. If it was post American involvement, such wrecks would have been recovered or destroyed to the point of non recognition as it is policy to destroy anything like that to prevent it being used for propaganda purposes or being salvaged then sold or repaired. Its clear the outbreak happened during or just after Operation Harvest Red and the Russian peacekeeper intervention.

On an unrelated note does anyone feel wierd when comparing the events in ArmA 2 and the Ukraine Crisis and noting the similarities?

Edited by Dale Gribble

Judging by the wrecked UH-60s and soft shell humvees, yes. If it was post American involvement, such wrecks would have been recovered or destroyed to the point of non recognition as it is policy to destroy anything like that to prevent it being used for propaganda purposes or being salvaged then sold or repaired. Its clear the outbreak happened during or just after Operation Harvest Red and the Russian peacekeeper intervention.

On an unrelated note does anyone feel wierd when comparing the events in ArmA 2 and the Ukraine Crisis and noting the similarities?

Not immediately following Harvest Red, but immediately following future re-deployment of US forces. (There were no UH-60s in Chernarus during Harvest Red anyway, because it was just the USMC & US Navy)

Otherwise, most of the FOBs and military bases from the A2 campaign would still be present.

ok with yet another type of ammo just waiting for the amount of ammo to spawn to be reduced significantly to improve the game play.