Sign in to follow this  
ayaz2810

1.60.93825 required (among other issues)

So DayZ worked fine for me night before last. But last night, I started having issues. At first, I was getting "Failed to create Direct3D graphical engine" which was baffling. I verified the files through steam and 2 came up as corrupt/missing and were re-downloaded. Now, when I try to log in, the game says that I am missing patch 1.60.93825. I have followed the guides as far as setup of DayZ, and it worked previously. Has something changed? Did my verification/reinstall of a couple of Arma files screw something up?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This tends to mean you're not starting the beta patch as combined ops, which version of the game do you have?

Alright.

1st step:

Go here; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Download ARMA2_OA_Build_94364.zip, it's a link at the top of that page, in the big green box - can't miss it.

Unzip it, install it.

2nd step: Go to your desktop and the ArmA2 OA icon you should have there. Right-click on it => Properties, in the target box, make sure it looks like this:

"E:\Spel\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@Dayz -nosplash

Basically what you're adding is "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion", which tells the game to run the beta version. Of course, your target line will not be exactly like mine, so ignore everything up to the first "-" sign.

3rd step: If previous steps was successful, play the game.

If you are using steam, the process is similar, except you change the target from within steam itself. How you do this I do not know, as I've never used steam.

Edit:

Another way of using the beta version is to go to your ArmA2 directory, find "Expansion", then "beta", and in this directory you will have another arma2oa.exe. Rename the arma2oa.exe in your main directory, then take the arma2oa.exe in your beta directory and copy it to your main directory. Then, drag it out to your desktop to create a new shortcut for it.

When you're in the main menu, check the version number in the bottom right corner to see if it's the same as the number in the file you downloaded earlier.

Then, in the main menu, you'll find a button called "Expansions", click on it and you will find @Dayz, tick that box, press OK, restart the game.

It should now be working.

Edit 2: Ooooookey, I now learned to read the first post more carefully. I just explained a solution to a problem that you do not have. Christ. >_<

This tends to mean you're not starting the beta patch as combined ops' date=' which version of the game do you have?

[/quote']

I have the version from Steam. It was gifted to me from a kind soul that took pity on me on an online forum (awesome right?). I assume that version is all inclusive.

I have the launch options set as "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@Dayz -nosplash" I THINK. I'm at work now and was just checking up on my issue. Whatever the launch option is that you specify in your setup guide, I have that. I have followed the guide to a T, and like I said previously, it worked GREAT the other night. I don't think I've ever had so much fun playing a video game.

When I run the game, I click run combined operations as instructed. If that's what you were asking.

Thanks for the prompt response LVG. I spent a lot of time reading your posts and guides during the install and with this whole issue going on. You're awesome!

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Thanks for trying to help Impulse! I don't fault you for it.

When i try to run this i get a grapic engine error or some thing, Is there a way to fix this or is it a known bug with the patch?

When i try to run this i get a grapic engine error or some thing' date=' Is there a way to fix this or is it a known bug with the patch?

[/quote']

If you're using Steam, run the file verification. That's what fixed it for me. And after that, my current issue cropped up. I don't know if they're related or not. Maybe wait for a mod to reply before changing anything on second thought.

Bumpin' to keep it on page 1! A friend has suggested that I just nuke the whole installation and start over using Worrom or Sixupdater. I really don't want to. Any ideas?

I'm currently reinstalling windows 7 and attempting to update my LAN driver to stop it from blue screening me every 5 minutes but after I've done this, I'll take a look on tea viewer if you'd like, six and worrom cause a lot more problems

I'm currently reinstalling windows 7 and attempting to update my LAN driver to stop it from blue screening me every 5 minutes but after I've done this' date=' I'll take a look on tea viewer if you'd like, six and worrom cause a lot more problems

[/quote']

I would be okay with that. However, I won't be home until approximately 9:30 PM EST. I don't know where you are located, but if that works for you, I'm down. I can provide you with my logmein details if you would prefer to use that. Up to you and thanks a ton!

I might still be up, can use what ever you want

Sounds good. I'll bump this thread immediately after getting home. Keep an eye on it around 9:15-9:30 EST and you'll see it. Thanks again for all the help sir.

I'm home if you're still alive! Lol :D

Tried running the beta installer again just for the hell of it. Now, I'm getting the "Failed to create Direct3D graphical engine" error again. I'm 99% sure if I run the Steam file verification, it will replace the same 2 files as before, and the game will launch. And again, the server list will report that I do not have the correct version installed. It seems to be either one problem or the other I get to choose from. I'm stumped on this one.

Fixed my issue by completely uninstalling and re-installing everything. It wasn't fun, but it worked perfectly. Thanks for all the attempts at figuring it out guys.

So.... back with the same exact issue after applying 1.60.94444. I get the version in red when trying to join a game, and after verifying files through steam, it finds 2 missing files and completely fucks my direct3d or whatever.

I'm stumped again. I really don't want to uninstall and re-install yet again. PLEASE HALP!

Bump since I didn't see this on the first page. Sorry if I'm blind and shit =(

ok so i have it working through steam. the process i go through is as follows.

1. install beta patch as per normal.

2. in your steam OA folder copy the arma2oa.exe file from extensions/beta to the operation arrowhead folder. (rename old arma2oa.exe file)

3. in steam right click Arma2 OA on the left of your library and select properties.

4. click launch options and paste this in

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=ca;@dayz -nosplash

5. ok and close.

6. click play and run Combined Ops. (running just Operation arrowhead will give errors.)

EDIT: Note the ca stuff this tells it to run with combined operations. this is important as you get errors and crashes without adding it.

this has worked for me every time. when you download and install a new beta patch you need to copy the new arma2oa.exe to steam folder (can overwrite)