ColdAvoral

Grenades Functionality

Just a few suggestions of my own for Grenade Functionality.

Firstly, after unpinning a grenade, I think a 'pin' item should appear in your inventory, or in your vicinity at your feet if you have no room. That can be dragged back to the grenade to 're-pin' the grenade.

Seccondly, I think that if someone is holding an unpinned grenade, that their death or unconscious event should cause the grenade to go off/start it's fuse as the spoon is released.

Thirdly, some functionality to kick/shift/throw a grenade away would be nice. sure, its risky, but that is the risk you take in moving it away instead of moving to cover.

Lastly, I would like to see the introduction of instantaneous fragmentation grenades for the purpose of booby-trapping, I won't suggest booby-traps themselves as they have been mentioned in the following threads.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/206050-booby-trapping-bodys/?hl=grenade

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167600-grenadesand-those-safety-levers/

However, my dad was watching over my shoulder one time and when I found a grenade, He was suggesting that I keep it to boobytrap a body, I said it wasn't currently possible. Then he mentioned that when he was in Vietnam, they used to have instantaneous grenades for such a purpose. He also mentioned that the only way to tell them apart was a red dot on the base of the fragmentation grenade that they used to scrape off with a knife.

So it would be cool to be able to not only have a fragmentation grenade, but use some sort of item or right click on an instantaneous grenade to remove any visual identifier of it being different from the ordinary fragmentation grenade. Save perhaps signs of scratching on the base of the grenade. (after all, is this not what the 'inspect' function is for?)

this way you could not only boobytrap a corpse, you could simply leave a grenade in a stash, or on your person knowing that when you die, the fellow who loots your corpse will likely blow himself up if he is not carefull to check the grenade out.

I also mention instantaneous grenades because they are more well suited to booby-trapping than a fused variant.

where using a timed grenade could result in a message 'my foot tripped something...' or suchlike. meaning that you will have that split second of time to try and survive the blast, where an instantaneous grenade will be game over.

Just a few suggestions.

• Like 2

I like this. In the Soviet Afghan war, the Russians experimented with grenades that detonated on impact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGO_hand_grenade

The booby trap with a frag is an old trick and is still in use today with irregular forces. I also like the idea of a individual using a grenade to try to guarantee his or her safety when talking to strangers.

Of all the frags I've found I've had zero work regardless of its quality being pristine. It'd be nice for the actual fragmentation to be modeled in like in ACE where you can sometimes live through a blast by laying down and facing away making yourself a small target for the pieces instead of making it some magical sphere of death even outside of the 5m kill zone

Of all the frags I've found I've had zero work regardless of its quality being pristine. It'd be nice for the actual fragmentation to be modeled in like in ACE where you can sometimes live through a blast by laying down and facing away making yourself a small target for the pieces instead of making it some magical sphere of death even outside of the 5m kill zone

At this stage in the game I am assuming that nothing is in it's final implementation. hopefully this will be the case.

Finally a well researched and written article, sadly this has become very rare. I like your ideas, but I wouldn't make it too complex, the game is still played by many players who don't have such knowledge about grenades (like me :P). In my opinion instantaneous fragmentation grenades are just "too much".

Finally a well researched and written article, sadly this has become very rare. I like your ideas, but I wouldn't make it too complex, the game is still played by many players who don't have such knowledge about grenades (like me :P). In my opinion instantaneous fragmentation grenades are just "too much".

At the end of the day, I couldn't care much about wether or not this feature is implemented or not. But the suggestion board is here for a reason.

Also, something I would like to add. I would only like to see booby-trapping of corpses be implemented if the cautious player who uses something like a fishing hook and a rope (again, this is something my dad mentioned to me that was part of their kit in Vietnam) that can be thrown/hooked onto the body like a grapple, and given a tug to shift the body just a little, causing any booby-trap to go off. Possibly destroying the hook/rope or atleast degrading it.

My point being, that dayz seems to reward players thinking about ways to improvise, like hunting, creating improvised backpacks and suchlike. So letting people be good little boy and girl scouts should only work if both the trapper and trap-e can 'be prepared'