ilmorr

Please explain the difference...

I've been searching the 'net for definitions of the following w/out any luck...can someone please tell me the difference between:

DayZ "Mod"

DayZ "Standalone"

DayZ "Experimental"

Thanks!

DayZ Mod is the original DayZ, and a mod for Arma 2 Combined Ops.

DayZ Standalone is a Standalone game (Hence the name), which is currently in Alpha.

DayZ Experimental is a version of DayZ SA used for more "risky" testing purposes.

• Like 4

I've been searching the 'net for definitions of the following w/out any luck...can someone please tell me the difference between:

DayZ "Mod"

DayZ "Standalone"

DayZ "Experimental"

Thanks!

Mod- The original DayZ mod of the Arma 2 game. People still play variations of it and enjoy it.

Standalone- Bohemia decided to concentrate on making a dedicated dayz game, evolving on from the mod. Some features in the mod such as cars are not in the Standalone yet but there lots of other features in it already that aren't in the mod. The game is in Alpha and being gradually updated to get to beta and then official release.

Experimental- is the Standalone but where the devs do an open test for the upcoming new patch/features before moving to over to stable. Which anyone that bought standalone can access.

Edited by TheRunningManZ
  • Like 2

Answers are above, just curious what sort of searching you've done to not be able to find any of that information.

• Like 3

Answers are above, just curious what sort of searching you've done to not be able to find any of that information.

I search on this forum and Google using the keywords of DayZ Mod, DayZ standalone, etc. trying to find an answer such as TheRunningManZ posted above.  I found bits and pieces, however I did not find a complete answer or enough to piece it together enough that I thought I understood it.

So, apparently I do have "Standalone" and can try this experimental thing...I guess I can access that through Steam....

Thanks all, I appreciate the help.

So, apparently I do have "Standalone" and can try this experimental thing...I guess I can access that through Steam....

Yes you can. Theres an Experimental Branch subforum here with a stickied thread about how to participate: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177199-experimental-branch-testing-how-to/  Switching between Exp and stable aint hard. Eventhough i just switched back to stable right now because loot and the server situation frustrate me currently. I only have two days a week to play, i dont wanna spend them sitting watching the server browser.

When Exp gets an update and working servers, i'll be back.

Edited by ChainReactor