Sign in to follow this  
Repomies

Crossbow

Been waiting this weapon to be fixed a bit. My suggest for this weapon is that it should be make more realistic.  It should be possible to shoot at 100m  (in real life it is as powerful as rifle, but it has great bleed change with these hunting arrows it seems to be using.) with this type of weapon.  at the moment u need to shoot 5-7 times at close range to kill someone, so it makes it totally useless weapon.

quite alot of people have asked for more bleed damage and to be able to poison darts as well, maybe we could see it implemented soon!!

As a bow hunter i'd prefer proper compound bows rather than gimpy crossbows, better range and accuracy. The only advantage of a crossbow is having a bolt cocked ready to fire compared to drawing an arrow on your target like a real man.

• Like 1

Well yes, proper Compound bow would be my choise too. i do also hunt with Compound bow ;)

• Like 1

I dont know what kind of bows you have been shooting, 

but nearly all bows are only effective at a maximum at 50 yards

And any shots you take are normally at around 30

100? Good luck hitting that with a compound or a crossbow.

We need a mechanic where if you land an arrow in someone, and they keep moving, its going to tear them a new @$$hole because thats what arrows do in real life, they tear you a new one the more you move.

• Like 1

well, that 100m is lethal range of crossbows, no one is hunting at those distances

• Like 1

also i want to get my arrows back when i shoot something or someone! :P but yea i find it a bit useless atm

I dont know what kind of bows you have been shooting, 

but nearly all bows are only effective at a maximum at 50 yards

And any shots you take are normally at around 30

100? Good luck hitting that with a compound or a crossbow.

We need a mechanic where if you land an arrow in someone, and they keep moving, its going to tear them a new @$$hole because thats what arrows do in real life, they tear you a new one the more you move.

A coworker of mine has his compound bow set to 90lbs (I really don't know how he does it consistently. It's a real bastard to draw.) and can get maybe two inch groupings at 50-60. He's pretty damned good.

Most of his hunting is 20-30 yards though.

As for the arrow, unless it hits bone it consistently exits the animal after hitting. They have a LOT of power behind them.

• Like 1

well, that 100m is lethal range of crossbows, no one is hunting at those distances

Yeah, pretty much. I can hit an old car we shoot at at 100 yards, but thats on a windless day shootin from a stable position.

Like a 22LR has a lethal range of up to 2 miles, but is anyone shootung that far?

A .50 BMG has up to a 15 mile lethal range, but 1 mile is pushing accuracy.