MarKeR (DayZ)

Some Config Help Please

Currently running veteran settings with 3rd party view on!!

I can see who is killed, but is there a way to also have who killed who and who disconnected?

Fed up with people disconnecting under fire!!

Thaks

I was told by my host it was disabled in the mission file by Day Z staff. We really need the disconnect messages back. Last night my group had 8 different people disconnect on us. That is complete bull, and those guys should have caught a ban, but as it stands I get no disconnect message so I am having difficulty proving who disconnected out of a firefight to ban them. I also have no way of accepting proof of a disconnect dodge from my community because they have nothing to SS.

So let us know the parameter to change, or if its done by day z, give us the disconnect messages back. It is important to server administration.

I would also like this feature as i am starting up my own server.

3 more disconnects to avoid death without catching their ban because you have to arbitrarilly destroy our ability to admin our own servers...

I want the ingame messages back because the logs go a million miles an hour, and dont give a realtime representation. Its also really hard to SS a log of some guy logging, instead of ingame shit for the inevitable shit storm for banning someone from my own server. It serves no purpose to disable the disconnect messages. So re-enable them, or tell me how so I can actually administer my server. Every retarded idea you guys have doesnt need to be implemented...

I am going to say this once and only once, while we appreciate your support of the mod by hosting a server we would appreciate it even more if you chose to communicate here in a thoughtful and constructive manner. Dizzy offered you a real solution to the problem you are facing by not being able to see disconnects, there was no reason for the way you responded to him.

Secondly I'm sorry you are having trouble viewing logs and finding people disconnecting. I can honestly say though many servers hosts do not find this a challenge. Every feature that rocket decides to implement is done with consideration and thoughtful planning, not because "he had a retarded idea and because he had an idea it needed to be implemented".

I suggest that if you have a "feature" you would like to see added to the mod you make a post about in the Feature Suggestion section of the forum.

Always check the logs..

Problem is my logs are generated after a restart, so it could be as far as 5 or 6 hours, depending on how the server is running!!

Usually end up with a notepad full of times to try and double check against server logs.. Never a name as we are running veteran with everything off!

Ah well.. Suppose the life of a server admin is never a dull one!! Another few hours of checking logs :)

Would be nice to have them back somehow!

Thanks for the replies guys!

It makes no sense to remove it is the problem. It was a chat pop up that said someone disconnected. That is it, gave no tactical advantage, gives nothing...but the ability for server administrators to administer their servers on the fly without having to go to the logs. If people say they have no problems using the logs they are lying. If you grab the logs in stream mode it goes a million miles an hour. Otherwise you have to download it, and start doing searches and such, hoping you found the right person.

We need an option to be able to see, oh this dude logged...oh he was being shot at...ban his ass.

Also logs dont help our community submitting shit to me. if some guy disconnects on one of my users he needs a ss or fraps of it...so he is to take a ss or fraps of nothing...

We also had some guy yesterday server hop, move in the nw airfield, take 1 sniper shot...miss...leave, join a new server and move again, rinse and repeat. he should have been deal with, but because rocket took a lot of consideration into removing a base element, not a feature, of a game that changes absolutely nothing for the gameplay. Rather, destroys the ability to properly administrate one of the few areas we are allowed to ban...

I do have more questions. Is it removed on purpose or do I have a fucked cfg somewhere? Because I see servers all the time that have the disconnect messages on.

So please give me a simple answer to this question:

How do I enable disconnect messages? What file and setting do I edit?

A simple answer to those questions instead of a canned response may have recieved a better response from me...

yeah its fucking bullshit in my eyes to disable those messages and saying "take a look in the server logs" and if im posting here players, which exploiting/abuse the abort/ALT+F4 methos to ragequit infight and then a forum moderator saying :

RE: Disconnect - Serverhopping Abuse

(30th June, 2012 17:38)SqTH Wrote: I can't trust without videos.

-----------------------

Hes right. Text doesnt mean shit. Anyone can type in the fields they want.

-------------------------

WTF!???? I will never run a video or take every time a screenshot to proof abusing/cheater fags. This is not a good concept from this mod. And yes, the admins wo paying for that server, should getting more options allowed for there own server. At the moment there are soooo many servers around and if 1 fag think, he can do whatever he want and think, hah i report this admin for kicking me for nothing ( the true is, hes abuse some shit or is cheating and we cannot proof it, because u guys saying then we manipulate the server.log is NOT FAIR! )

//sry for the little ragemode, but u must understand us admins

I have to agree with Danile here.

As a server admin, it gets tiresome to find out who the death dodger is via the logs. I shouldn't have to waste my time to deal with a prick who can't accept his own death. If some server admins don't want it in, that's completely fine, but let us admins who want it to better manage the server have it.

Yup another guy did it...I had to stop the server to check the logs and couldn't find the dodger today. I have a death dodger roughly every 20 minutes, so I guess my server will be dropping randomly a whole bunch to ban these guys you guys are sheltering for some reason.

Yeah, I really do not understand why the bar for acceptable proof of a death dodger is so high. It is almost as if it is being intentionally set so high as to be impractical. If anyone is going to be proving anything malicious going on, which there is quite a bit of still going on, everyone has to be recording their game play at all times, just in case something stupid happens. That would require an insane amount of hard drive space and despite resulting in some awesome videos is impractical completely.

If we can't use your own logs to stop something that has been already said to be an exploit, and you apparently can trust us enough to pay money for your servers but not enough to moderate said servers, what position does that put us in? I am happy to contribute to the community and help grow what is an awesome idea into a fully supported game but binding our hands as moderators during development doesn't make any sense. I understand you do not want admins abusing their powers and that is a real concern but why is it the rest of us who man up and play the game the way it is supposed to be played get penalized when we do something about the people exploiting? How is the burden of proof on us and not on the exploiter?

Can we please have the ability to turn connect and disconnect messages on and off as a server option, and if not can we please get clear guidelines as admins on what to do against exploiters and hackers who are ruining the game experience for legit players?

Screw everything else, still waiting on a DayZ staffer to tell me exactly what config to edit to enable the disconnect messages. They get mad when called names, but when I step back and try to have a civil discussion about the issue, and tell them why a canned response upset me they just ignore the thread?

WHAT FILE, AND WHAT SETTING DO WE CHANGE TO ENABLE DISCONNECT MESSAGES?

WHAT FILE, AND WHAT SETTING DO WE CHANGE TO ENABLE DISCONNECT MESSAGES?

And yet this still goes unanswered. Why?

I agree with Danile in why should we be wasting 20-30min downloading a server log to look through it for some guy thats been 'shot with a dmr twice' and now he alt=f4's and goes and dies on another server (due to shock making him unable to bandage)

its just ragey, I know there is the fact that a server admin could ban the wrong person because he shoots at someone and 5 disconnects occur at that time. But i'd hope that the admin would have common sense in that time and go, you got lucky this time ALT-F4er. I do believe if we could have disconnects show up or enable would be alot easier to get rid of these people and the more people getting banned from servers with active admins would result in alot more of the general population stopping and thinking before abusing this metagame.

I'm not guna run a nameplate server just so i can get rid of these people from my server. but i would like disconnects to show for the main reason that they will easily be recognised as SHAMEFUL players.

---love the game, love the brutality, hate the abusers - grow some balls and die like real men---