Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

How do you tell whether a server is a private hive or public

DO NOT SAY IT IS IN THE NAME - IT IS NOT IN THE NAME.

I just spent hours running from place to place to get to electro, then finding out the server I was playing on doesn't spawn loot -_-, getting tired of this, fourth time this has happened

Please show me how to tell whether a server is a private hive or public

DO NOT SAY IT IS IN THE NAME - IT IS NOT IN THE NAME.

I just spent hours running from place to place to get to electro, then finding out the server I was playing on doesn't spawn loot -_-, getting tired of this, fourth time this has happened

Please show me how to tell whether a server is a private hive or public

UpTdZc0.jpg

• Like 1

UpTdZc0.jpg

Just try connecting to any of those 0/30 or 0/40s, they all disconnect you

Just try connecting to any of those 0/30 or 0/40s, they all disconnect you

Why would I?  I don't play on non populated servers.  And what does that have to do with the question you asked?

Yeah we brought this up on the forum a few days ago. That there seems to be a lot of exploiting of servers by the renters lately. There is a lot more private stuff going on than is publicly talked about. The 0/30 or 0/40 servers that won't let you load in I attributed to a glitch or honest problem.

But, there are some servers when you enter they kick you out in less than a few minutes. That's obviously an intentional loot farming violation so report those. But, I believe that some servers have found an exploit where they changed something so that when we try to join, it never even joins at all. You just see the wait message in white, but never tries to load at all. I believe this is an exploit because when you refresh the list of servers, it will say there are 1 to 4 people in there. There is no way this is a glitch. The broken ones might say zero. But 1 to 4 people in a server that won't let you try to get in must be intentional.

Second column in the server browser. And as you can see, there is only the public hive right now. The servers not accepting players are stuck on restart, that has nothing to do with private or public hive, as private hives do not exist yet.

Second column in the server browser. And as you can see, there is only the public hive right now. The servers not accepting players are stuck on restart, that has nothing to do with private or public hive, as private hives do not exist yet.

There were some that did say private before but I'm not sure if that was a GSP issue not being able to connect to the hive properly.  One thing I'm glad I don't see is the mass of locked servers anymore.  Maybe GSP's are finally cracking down on these people.

False, they do exist, I just ran from berezino to electro to find NO loot. Then disconnect and join another server to be back in the mountains somewhere.

Before you say "oh you died", no I didn't die, I rejoined that server, and it had my location etc

Guess you didn't read my post here.

How do you explain the shit loads of servers that have 1 to 4 people in them but when you try to join, it never tries to load the game at all? You just see the "wait" message in white but your game never tries to load at all.

I never see this happen on servers that have 30 to 40 people in them. I only see this on servers that have 1-4 people in them which means they found an exploit to get your client to not connect to their server.

False, they do exist, I just ran from berezino to electro to find NO loot. Then disconnect and join another server to be back in the mountains somewhere.

Before you say "oh you died", no I didn't die, I rejoined that server, and it had my location etc

I can't tell you something about the different location, but about the loot. Server admins have no control about it except they can restart the server. That being said, yes, the servers having HIGH LOOT or something similar in their names actually only wanna get players.

Have you been playing stable or experimental? I starved multiple times on stable 0.48 and now 0.49 doe to inbalanced loot respawn ( no food, but tons of shoes, gas stoves and chemlights ), but that also has nothing to do with public / private.

Make sure you aren't connecting to a 1st person only then to a 1st/3rd person.  Those are two separate hives.

Thats because the server crashed and got stuck. It happened to well known servers once for days. For days I had a server always exactly displaying 36/40, and I couldn't ever connect.

There are no private hives yet, and no server genuinely spawns loot. on stable atm.

Edited by Khanarac

Thats because the server crashed and got stuck. It happened to well known servers once for days. For days I had a server always exactly displaying 36/40, and I couldn't ever connect.

There are no private hives yet, and no server genuinely spawns loot. on stable atm.

Ah crap, now I know I was wrong then.

Are you sure about your belief that if a server crashes, it can still display that there are 36/40 in them? How is that possible that when we refresh, our game still thinks the server exists?

If you are correct, then that explains why I see 1-4 people in a server but it never connects me.

Can anyone else confirm this? I just don't understand how when we refresh, our client can see a ghost image of a server from a long time ago.

*It wasn't hardcore*

I went to electro EVERYTHING, like literally EVERYTHING was gone inside the firestation, AND balota.

Nevada, its called looted servers And the reason for the servercrash like that I witnessed once. Some asshole I was playing with then duped the fuck out of him, 6 times or so within seconds. That made the server collapse and display still players there, and that's why its mostly so few people. Assholes go to empty servers to dupe their shit.

Nevada, if you want loot, then go to a freshly restarted server. Most servers restart at 11 or 14 o clock, some on 12 o clock aswell. Any other time is hard to predict. Check the time on the server before you connect. If its 14:02h, loot is still likley there.

Edited by Khanarac

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how you are connecting no loot with it being a private or public hive server.

Private hives do not exist, so your loot and respawn problem stems from either joining a FPP server after you played on a TPP, or vice versa, or you just got hit with the respawn bug that many people have come across which is a bug and there's nothing u can do about it really.

A side note I played on a third person stable server last night for a few hours had no problems finding loot.

• Like 1

Nevada, its called looted servers And the reason for the servercrash like that I witnessed once. Some asshole I was playing with then duped the fuck out of him, 6 times or so within seconds. That made the server collapse and display still players there, and that's why its mostly so few people. Assholes go to empty servers to dupe their shit.

Nevada, if you want loot, then go to a freshly restarted server. Most servers restart at 11 or 14 o clock, some on 12 o clock aswell. Any other time is hard to predict. Check the time on the server before you connect. If its 14:02h, loot is still likley there.

Are you kidding? You are saying that someone looted every house In electro, and the town before it, and cherno, and balota?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how you are connecting no loot with it being a private or public hive server.

Private hives do not exist, so your loot and respawn problem stems from either joining a FPP server after you played on a TPP, or vice versa, or you just got hit with the respawn bug that many people have come across which is a bug and there's nothing u can do about it really.

A side note I played on a third person stable server last night for a few hours had no problems finding loot.

The thing is that server wasn't a FPP, I was in third person most of the journey