Sign in to follow this  
archamedes

alternate way for lighting fires

I want to be able to play by living in the wilderness off the land without havinbg to rely too much on going into towns for instance Make my own bags, bows and arrows etc... and obviously at the moment you only make a fire by using matches, but i would like to see more ways to light a fire, by using sticks (kindling) rub them together the old fashion way, or use glasses with the sun to start a fire. and in order to cut trees down, craft a hatchet using a stick, rope and a stone.

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 2

Maybe we shouldn't turn this to Rust. If you want a stone hatchet you'd have to find the perfect rock or try to shape it into a perfect rock but it would be a waste of time, since you can find hatchets quite easily.

• Like 1

Maybe we shouldn't turn this to Rust. If you want a stone hatchet you'd have to find the perfect rock or try to shape it into a perfect rock but it would be a waste of time, since you can find hatchets quite easily.

I know, i was only thinking in terms of not relying on having to go in to a town to find one

Flint and steel could be good too.

Maybe have tinder as an in game item that each has a different chance of catching light depending on its condition and so on. You could have an option to peel bark off a birch tree or pine resin and so on. You could find the flint and strike a spark of a knife or axe head etc.