Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

Better Maps.

First of all, no one in their right mind would open up a map cover it over their full face making them blind when there could be a zombie nearby or a player looking to shoot them, the map needs to not be full screen.

Secondly given that DayZDB now has functionality to tell distances, I think it makes sense to implement that into the map in the same way, click two points and read the distance between them , unlike how it used to be in the mod which was a little OP.

I would also love it if all Map Data(Markers) were stored locally and saved beyond death, yes we die, yes were "SUPPOSED" to be new characters but we all know were not, were not going to wipe from memory where our old tents, camps, stashed loot or best hunting spots or water ponds or streams are, so having a player's map remain beyond death seems logical and as a gameplay mechanic not something that's over powered at all, Personally I would love to Mark the locations I spot Stag's and other animals, where I spot Streams or other still water which is not always visible on the map proper, I would also of course love to Mark where I stash some tents, or bags which I am sure others would love to do as well.

No. No poor man's rangefinder in game. I know people can do it by alt tabbing, but make them go through that extra step.

Also, I want that map as big as possible so I can discern details in terrain features.

They should make it that only if you zoom it opens full but otherwise you can see a map you're holding in your hands close up from 1st person.

Guys, this is a Steam game, use the Steam overlay.  Instead of Alt+Tab, use Shift+Tab and then you still have in-game sounds.  Plus, then you get access to izurvive and the dayzdb.com map.  Yeah, it'd be cool to have 'good' maps in the game, but not all that realistic in most cases.  Think of the maps we pick up at service stations, they're pretty bland.

I am sorry but this is the worst suggestion I have seen so far and I've seen a post where someone wanted every weapon in the game to be shotguns. 

I think the ability to click from point to point and a distance getting displayed would be nice, maybe requiring a modern compass with its ruler on the side to get the right scale then it could otherwise be to the nearest 50 or 100m.

I wouldn't say data should be saved to the player on a map, saving it to the map item seems good.

Then you can mark things for others, or leave secret messages.