Sign in to follow this  
Macbain (DayZ)

Give all current full auto only weapons the select fire ability

AKM, AK-101, MP5-k and the RAK are select fire weapons in reality.
Please give them the ability to select the fire mode.

M4 already has the select fire capability so I can't see why the others shouldn't get it as well.

• Like 1

I haven't played in a while, so forgive me for not knowing this, but:

The AKM, MP5, and RAK don't have select-fire?! WTF? Not only can't they get their zombies to work, but now firearms are getting half-assed?

It'd also be nice to see if you've selected semi for the m4 as well without having to check by holding down the button.

• Like 3

It'd also be nice to see if you've selected semi for the m4 as well without having to check by holding down the button.

Yeah, but this has already been suggested so I didn't include it.

I am not 100% sure of this, but I THINK I remember Hicks or someone saying they were going to add selective fire to more weapons eventually, but first they would like to implement a way to check which fire mode you are in.

I don't know why they can't just put an indicator in the corner of the screen.  The arguments against this seems to be 'we don't want screen clutter' or 'you should have to check to see what mode you are in.'  Well for one, we already have a display for zero distance, and second, you can tell which fire mode you are in by simply holding the gun and feeling the switch with your finger.  There should be no need for any animation for checking firing mode.

• Like 1