Sign in to follow this  
Dazinth

First blood!

I've been playing DayZ for a couple of weeks now and finally just had my first kill last night. I am typically a very passive player, don't get too close to me and I won't get too close to you. I throw that out the window if I am a fresh spawn, nothing to lose other than location at that point. I have met only one friendly person so far in the game, he was crawling on the ground outside of Msta (broken leg) I helped him figure out how to harvest some sticks so he could make a splint, we teamed up to Elektro and got gear and weaps and my power kicked out, logged back and he was gone. Never got a name or steam info, too bad I suppose, seemed like a nice guy.

Anyway, I was in Elecktro across from the "Police Station?". Front door is closed, side door is closed, looks like it hasn't been touched yet so I head in the front door. I hear a zed aggro on me so I run straight up to the tower at the top and crouch with my axe out waiting for the zed at the stairs. I continue to hear the zed for about 15 seconds and then my arm fractures. I figured I had a special zed on me that could hit through floors (wouldn't be surprised in alpha). I run down to the second floor to get out of dodge and move into the ammo room. I am just about to bandage when some dude comes round the corner with a mosin and pops round at me, I assume he missed me at point blank range because outside of my arm fracture and the bleeding I was already doing my condition didn't worsen substantially for the length of the encounter. He drops back behind the corner for cover while he works the bolt, I fat finger my keyboard and pull out my axe again... He comes around again and shoots another round at me at point blank and ducks back for cover. I finally switch out to my 9mm and put probably 6-7 rounds in him before he drops, I didn't hear it but after looting his Mosin it had 1 round left in the clip so going off that info he missed me 3 times, hit me the first time which broke my arm.

Definitely got the blood pumping on that one. I had my sound on and not a word was said, no clue he was there. Easily could have played the friendly card and killed me. Oh well, the kill feels a little bit better being justified on a KoSer.

• Like 3

Very few good things happen in the police station. It's almost always kill or be killed in there. It's always amusing when someone is too nervous or pumped to aim properly, he might have been trying to simply hip shot you which would explain a lot.

Very few good things happen in the police station. It's almost always kill or be killed in there. It's always amusing when someone is too nervous or pumped to aim properly, he might have been trying to simply hip shot you which would explain a lot.

I have yet to try and use a Mosin in CQ so that may be par for course, it just seemed like he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat on this particular day.

• Like 1

I remember that video made by JamJar, I think it was his videos in hardcore mode, he enters the police station, all of the sudden a guy with military outfit enters through the main entrance, JamJar hails him, the guy seems surprised but he stays cool, they start to chat, trade and while they fraternize you hear a gunshot, boom the guy in the military outfit falls on the ground, his brain all around the place. Then there's a gunfight and JamJar loses it. You never know how encounters can evolve, anything can happen, JamJar probably expected that the guy with the military outfit will try to kill him and death came from somewhere else. That's what makes this game so fun.