Sign in to follow this  
rking031

Why won't my AKM shoot?

I just killed a guy for an AKM and I cannot get it to shoot. Does anyone know why??

And yes there is ammo, a stock, and a hand guard

Try relogging - its probably a bug.

But before you should look if the weapon is not ruined - ruined weapons don't shoot (though I believe you cannot ruin a rifle because all damage is applied to the player instead). Another bug I had happened after chambering: I shot the round but it did not disappear from the weapon so I had to manually eject and reload.

I thought it was fixed, but I know last patch sometimes picking up a gun formerly belonging to someone else rendered it unusable UNLESS you:

1.  Log out and log back in

2.  Spray paint the gun

Try relogging - its probably a bug.

But before you should look if the weapon is not ruined - ruined weapons don't shoot (though I believe you cannot ruin a rifle because all damage is applied to the player instead). Another bug I had happened after chambering: I shot the round but it did not disappear from the weapon so I had to manually eject and reload.

Having your weapon in trousers or vests can get them damaged if attacked by a Zed. Once my Magnum became badly damaged, but I cannot tell for sure if it can get ruined. For the AKM I do not know if it at least fits in a backpack. I also found corpses with ruined weapons on them. So it should be possible.