Sign in to follow this  
d0pesen

possibility of drinking wringed out water

Ultimoose and me shortly discussed the possibility of drinking wringed water from clothes, what you think about it?

would be cool to can drink the wringed out water.

I don't know... imagine a zombie hit you before, or you layed down on the ground, your clothes would be dirty. And then drink the presumably also dirty water? The only way to get this going is to link clothes' condition to the purity of the wringed out water. Water from a badly damaged item has e.g. 60% chance to make you sick or something. That would be cool!

Edited by d0pesen

For your clothes to get wet would it not need to rain or you be in some source of water, so if it rained I think a better feature would be to collect rain water and if you were in a water source then just drink it from there.

For your clothes to get wet would it not need to rain or you be in some source of water, so if it rained I think a better feature would be to collect rain water and if you were in a water source then just drink it from there.

of course, but i think it can be cool for every freshpawn, as long as you do not have any possibility of collecting water with canteen or something else, and as long as you do not have an tablets to sterilized water from pounds or lakes. i think in future there will be a chance of getting ill if drinking from this sources. 

okay, i see there could be an imbalance, and most freshspawn will search for rainy servers. :)

In real life water can be collected by wrapping rags around your legs and walk through grass land on a dewy morning and wring the water out of the rags. So yeah, could be an option. In all honesty I think it would be too marginal for a game feature. I'd rather see (since it rains a lot it seems in Chernarus) to gather rainwater at a rate of more than 1% at a time.

I think you should be able to wring out your clothes in order to dry them, especially when wearing wet clothes causes detrimental health effects. It's not too much of a leap from that to be able to collect and drink the water, even if the water might be dirty.

I think you should be able to wring out your clothes in order to dry them, especially when wearing wet clothes causes detrimental health effects. It's not too much of a leap from that to be able to collect and drink the water, even if the water might be dirty.

You can in experimental.

You can in experimental.

That's excellent!

In that case, you should absolutely be able to either squeeze it into your mouth directly and drink, or perhaps collect it in a bottle or cooking pot. Presumably we will be able to boil water in the future, as this is one of the more obvious ways of making it safer to drink.

Eeeh... if you have a canteen or a water bottle you can collect water in it if it rains... its been a feature for a while now ;)