fox808

[GUIDE] Installation Guide (Steam, Retail, Mixed, Beta, Common Errors)

I am using six updater method. When launching game i receive a securom authentication pop up asking for a serial. I have tried inputing the activation code that gamersgate supplied (which worked during install when it asked for that code) but it does not work. what serial number would this be requesting?

UPDATE: Contacted gamersgate and they worked on the issue for me. They let me know to retry today and it worked fine with the supplied key. Now i am getting the Connecting failed error when tryingto join any server

I cannot get the 1.6 update to show for OA yet its showing for A2. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get patch 1.6 to correctly update my OA?

Try reinstalling BattlEye again Toran.

If STEAM Launch Operation Arrowhead from steam and select the option to re-install BattlEye Anti-Cheat client.

If retail download it from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and put it in:

ArmA 2: Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in your ArmA 2 install directory.

OA: Put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in the "Expansion" folder of your OA install directory

Did exactly this with no result (with retail version.) Any other ideas?

Problem: Throws an error: Files ... not signed the key that made ​​the server. To play on this server, remove these files and install additional comprehensible keys.

I installed Arma 2 than updated arma 2 from 1.05 to 1.11 Than I installed Arma arma and updated to 1.52 and than update to 1.60 than I installed mod day z in Six Updater

At the forum in the Russian section discusses the installation of mod on a "half-pirate" version of the game (АRMA2 game is downloaded from a torrent, then it's activated by only a ARMA2:OA key).

As far as I know this is a dev forum, and main dev of mod, one of the devs of the ARMA2 game.

I also heard that he believes that the best support for the Day Z is to buy BI games.

How moderator of a forum may create such topics http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1725 ?

Already many new players with pirated versions, they should be banned!

Can one of the developers to express their views?

I would be happy just to get this shit working. I am attempting to reinstall for the 3rd frigging time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting the following error:

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_equip, dayz_weapons"

I followed the instructions. I have Steam pointed to my H drive, not my C drive. Would that matter? The startup parameters say that it runs off a relative path. I've double checked my folder names and reinstalled from scratch once already. I'm running Steam as an admin, and -launching- Combined Operations.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Consider reinstalling DayZ one more time just to be safe? My steam isn't technically 'installed' I just moved it to another drive and it works fine :V

when i click mirror 2 usa it says page not found but mirror 1 and mirror 3 work but i want to be on usa server not swe

The server I have been playing on is now using the beta patch build 93616. So I followed the instructions on how to play with the beta patch, downloading the patch and then running it. Then adding "-mod=@dayz" to the beta patch launcher. In the instructions it said I need to run this launcher, however this causes the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" error to come up when I try to enter the server. The solution to this in the instructions is to make sure I'm running the Combined Operations launcher.

This leaves me sort of confused. How can I use the Combined Operations launcher and the Beta patch launcher at the same time? Because when I play normally (through Steam) I launch using Combined Operations, and then it works perfectly, except not being able to join servers using the 93616 build. Does anyone have any solutions to this? How can I avoid these problems whilst still playing with build 93616?

The server I have been playing on is now using the beta patch build 93616. So I followed the instructions on how to play with the beta patch' date=' downloading the patch and then running it. Then adding "-mod=@dayz" to the beta patch launcher. In the instructions it said I need to run this launcher, however this causes the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" error to come up when I try to enter the server. The solution to this in the instructions is to make sure I'm running the Combined Operations launcher.

This leaves me sort of confused. How can I use the Combined Operations launcher and the Beta patch launcher at the same time? Because when I play normally (through Steam) I launch using Combined Operations, and then it works perfectly, except not being able to join servers using the 93616 build. Does anyone have any solutions to this? How can I avoid these problems whilst still playing with build 93616?

[/quote']

I'm having a similar problem, except I get an error about Direct3D or something. I've followed all the instructions but it just refuses to work with the beta :/

I bought arma 2 combined operations from gamersgate.it came in 2 downloads,one for arma2 and one for operation arrowhead.

I installed both, and patched both.

what install method do i use for dayz ? Retail ?

If so, i have a problem, as my install has no OA dir.

I tried to use the dayz install tool, but it tries to find the OA dir and cant.It then tries to find the arma 2 dir and does,but then nothing downloads.....

The server I have been playing on is now using the beta patch build 93616. So I followed the instructions on how to play with the beta patch' date=' downloading the patch and then running it. Then adding "-mod=@dayz" to the beta patch launcher. In the instructions it said I need to run this launcher, however this causes the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" error to come up when I try to enter the server. The solution to this in the instructions is to make sure I'm running the Combined Operations launcher.

[/quote']

This is the exact problem I'm having. I read that the new DayZ patch will require the latest beta patch, so I downloaded it. Tried running the game using the beta launcher, and a message pops up saying dayz requires something to do with CBA. I get into the game and look for a room and I still can't join a room that requires the newest patch anyway.

So yea, how can I run the patch if the only way I can play is by running the game through the Combined Operations command script?

EDIT - I've finally found an end to the grief, Alex. Firstly, make sure the beta patch you downloaded is 93701 or whatever. Apparently, the patch I had before was old, even though I just downloaded it. Secondly, download this. http://www.richardbenson.co.uk/2012/05/dayz-launcher-and-updater.html#.T9hSHLWYlCM. It'll run for 5 or so minutes extracting files into the dayz folder. The files appear to be the same, so I'm not sure what it's doing, but it works. After it extracts to the files, it loads the game. I was able to get into a server requiring the newest beta patch with no problems.

I have a retail copy of ARMA II, and a steam copy of Operation Arrowhead. I've followed the guide, updated my ARMA II. What does "Then follow the STEAM/RETAIL INSTALLATION guide" mean? Does it mean follow either steam guide OR the retail guide? Or both? Is this a section of the guide I've overlooked?

i get two messages

1. addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'ca_buildingparts'

2. once the game launches it crashes and gives error saying 'bad serial number given in set up'

i followed the install directions exactly, twice. (uninstalling the games and reinstalling them, mod included.)

How do I launch Combined Operations after I install the beta patch on my Steam version? It keeps launching Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead every time so I can't join a DayZ server because it's using a Chernarus map.

Question with Installing Arma2 OA Beta...

So I have followed the directions downloading, and now I am at my main directory and right clicking the 'Launch Arma2 OA Beta', but do not see where I can Add 'DayZ'... I see:

Add to archive...

Add to 'Arma2oa.rar'

Do I click 'Add to archive' and add what is stated on the first page??? If so... under which tab?

Thanks!

EDIT - Got it... you ahve to 'Add to archive' and do it in the General Tab. Then you have to Launch, and then go to Expansion and click DayZ. This might help some ppl so it might be necessary to add on the first page (or I'm just an idiot) :)

If I were to buy the CDs for ArmA II: CO, would I install them and they'd go to my Steam library automatically or are they not related to steam if you buy the CDs?

If I were to buy the CDs for ArmA II: CO' date=' would I install them and they'd go to my Steam library automatically or are they not related to steam if you buy the CDs?

[/quote']

Good question, anyone ?

Im not sure if you've already mentioned a solution to this occuring, but it seems that each time I attempt to join a server, after the 'Loading' screen (The one with the black background and says 'Loading') my game seems to go back to the tank loading screen and goes to the ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead title screen. I'm not sure what's wrong. :huh:

If I were to buy the CDs for ArmA II: CO' date=' would I install them and they'd go to my Steam library automatically or are they not related to steam if you buy the CDs?

[/quote']

Good question, anyone ?

You will not have the same file path if you used the disk install, depending on which launcher you use depends on the path set up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfo5UvaPABc

that video has a laucher i use. I get from ArmaHolic.com. It's pretty handy, that youtube video was quite clear on what needs to happen. Setting the paths for the beta version is key in there.

If you used the Six Updater, it's pretty simple to get the beta, not intuitive, but simple once i facedesked and figured it out. hope it works for ya. Under the Home tab, there's a button that says Beta, ensure that is checked. it will add it to the preset you set for DayZ, I actually set up a new preset for it. i then selected add or download mods, and it auto checked it, logged in to the latest version.

Good luck survivor, may your beans never run out, and your aim be true

I get "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" when trying to join any server.

- Make sure you launch the game as 'Combined Operations' and NOT 'Operation Arrowhead' when launching from STEAM.

If that does not work, shut down steam. Run steam as admin. Start and close arma2, start and close a2:operation arrrowhead. Then play DayZ.

I had "some" :@ trouble.

Thank You for great guide, but I would add that line of information :)

2) Go to the Arma2:OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes to the target line.

How is that line supposed to look?

So i have the beta patch installed however the only way I can access it is if I launch Operation Arrowhead by itself which obviously is a problem since DayZ requires both Arma2 and Arma2:OA , so how do I fix this?