fox808

[GUIDE] Installation Guide (Steam, Retail, Mixed, Beta, Common Errors)

Anyone else having troubles with the retail instructions? I have tried to install 1.7.1 and have gotten every single error message possible. This is my 2nd day and 10th or 11th time trying to install 1.7.1 and beta. I got 1.7.0 to work in 2 minutes. Please post any suggestions, thanks.

I use the worrom installer = one click install (if it seems stalled just wait!). About beta and more... Have you read this up to date instructions?: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Hope you get it to work!

btw: 1.7.1.1 is the latest dayz version.

/sEi

Anyone else having troubles with the retail instructions? I have tried to install 1.7.1 and have gotten every single error message possible. This is my 2nd day and 10th or 11th time trying to install 1.7.1 and beta. I got 1.7.0 to work in 2 minutes. Please post any suggestions' date=' thanks.

[/quote']

im following the guide to make day z work again for me ever since 1.7.1.1 came out. so this is where i am at. i m trying to get the target line for the beta patch shortcut to be "-mod=@dayz" however it says that it is invalid and to make sure the path is correct. this is from the steam directory. ill make a post about this if no response is given. i hope someone can point me in the right direction i would hate to not play this game. also when i use six launcher it works up until i get to the loading screen in a server...i hear sounds from the game but it never loads. this is why i was trying the manual ways.

im following the guide to make day z work again for me ever since 1.7.1.1 came out. so this is where i am at. i m trying to get the target line for the beta patch shortcut to be "-mod=@dayz" however it says that it is invalid and to make sure the path is correct. this is from the steam directory. ill make a post about this if no response is given. i hope someone can point me in the right direction i would hate to not play this game. also when i use six launcher it works up until i get to the loading screen in a server...i hear sounds from the game but it never loads. this is why i was trying the manual ways.

put a space between file location and the -mod=@dayz parameter

I use the worrom installer = one click install (if it seems stalled just wait!). About beta and more... Have you read this up to date instructions?: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Hope you get it to work!

btw: 1.7.1.1 is the latest dayz version.

/sEi

Anyone else having troubles with the retail instructions? I have tried to install 1.7.1 and have gotten every single error message possible. This is my 2nd day and 10th or 11th time trying to install 1.7.1 and beta. I got 1.7.0 to work in 2 minutes. Please post any suggestions' date=' thanks.

[/quote']

Thank you for the reply yes I have tried those instructions multiple times and I have tried the worrom updater succesfully. According to my main menu I have it all installed correctly. When I join I just get kicked repeatedly. I believe its a battleye issue although ive deleted and re-installed it.

As far as i can tell this game just doesn't wanna work for me, I'v Re-installed Battleye three times, I'v redownloaded the mods, Im using Worrom's updater as we speak and i'v even tryed to to it use the Arma II launcher. and thus far it loads up just fine till i try to join a server and i will ether get "Bad connection" Or i will get to the "create a character" And get booted back to the server lobby, I can still see the "Create a character" thing in the background behind the servers.

Anyone else notice they have to manually update the automatic update installer more often than updating the actual game?

I get "No entry 'bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles\'" or similar pop-up error message when launching the game or playing on a server.

- Ignore it. It won't affect your game.

every thing else is working but that and when i try to join a lobby it will kick me for it so it is effecting my game plz help if you can

I also get the no entry bin error and everything works fine seems like im going to connect to the game and it goes back to the server lobby. It says on the backgroung waiting for character to create what should i do??

I try this and it works.

1. Download ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead from steam, both of them.

2. Play both of them once to initialize the install, make sure you get all the way to the main menu then quit out. (If either doesn't run, go to your library, right click on properties for the one that doesn't work and verify the files, if something didn't download right it will re-download and fix it. then try running again)

3. Go grab the ARMA 2 beta patch, unzip and run it.

4. SKIP six updater, it doesn't work for some people. Go to the mirror and manually download the files, that's all the .RAR files.

5. Unzip all those files to the same directory, you should end up with 14 files, no folders.

6. Go to your program files, in your steam folder, in steamapps, in common, find your ARMA2 operation arrowhead folder and open it. Inside make a new folder named: @DayZ and inside that folder make another new one called Addons. You need to end up with a path that looks like this :

...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

7. Cut and paste those 14 files into the addon folder you just made.

8. Now go back to your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder and find a file named: _runA2CO_beta.cmd right click and edit it.

9. Go almost all the way down the document to the part after it says ':run' then make sure it looks like this:

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash

Do not mess with ENDLOCAL or anything after it. Now close and save it. Right click and drag the file you just edited to your desktop and make a shortcut to it. That will be your launcher from now on. Just use it when you want to play.

But i want to execute the game via steam. Did anyone how?

hi i just downloaded everything i need but when i go to start up the game it says that i entered the wrong serial number can someone help

Think someone needs to fix the Mirror sites, I shouldn't be sitting on 2.6kb/s on a 50mb update. I can easily got to a another website and download something random thats teh same and i will get my normal download spead of 1.1mb/s

undefined

why are all my messages coming up as undefined?

PLEASE HELP!!!! Everytime i download the game whether it be manually through 7zip or using the "recommended" six updater and launcher i get the same error when trying to join a game with one or two megabytes left in the loading screen. This error will always say something along the lines of "error bin/configbin/missinghatchetswing." In six updater it tells me that i only have 89.9 percent of the DayZ mod downloaded but it will not download the last ten percent. PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!

every time i try to verify integrity of game cache for both arma II and arma II operation arrowhead they give me same error it says "1 files failed to validate and will be required" i have restarted my comp and tried again and again i restarted my comp about 25 times and tried validating about 30 and never works and my problem is a mixture of wierd graphic things and invisible charcter/items plz help

Trying to download the new beta patch ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip, keep being asked for a name and password : / ?

At the forum in the Russian section discusses the installation of mod on a "half-pirate" version of the game (АRMA2 game is downloaded from a torrent' date=' then it's activated by only a ARMA2:OA key).

As far as I know this is a dev forum, and main dev of mod, one of the devs of the ARMA2 game.

I also heard that he believes that the best support for the Day Z is to buy BI games.

How moderator of a forum may create such topics http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1725 ?

Already many new players with pirated versions, they should be banned!

Can one of the developers to express their views?

[/quote']

That's messed up and needs deleting, also advising people to buy a CD Key from a CD Key reseller like Plati.ru is not something we support, our opinion on CD Key resellers is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93566-Did-you-buy-your-ArmA2-key-from-a-CD-Key-reseller

We are having numerous issues where people have bought OA keys from Plati only to suddenly get the "your CD Key is disabled" error because Plati sellers are selling one key to multiple people, more details here including Russian translation of the issue: www.flashpoint.ru/threads/49752/

What if I'm getting "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" when I launch via SixUpdater/Launcher.

The only problem im having is for some reason The operations wont work, any help i can get with that? I have the steam version btw.

Should I update Arma 2 to v1.11 before applying the 1.60 patch, or should I just fresh install Arma 2 and OA then apply 1.60?

The only problem im having is for some reason The operations wont work' date=' any help i can get with that? I have the steam version btw.

[/quote']

Its ok i fixed it lol

What if I'm getting "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" when I launch via SixUpdater/Launcher.

I get "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc." upon joining any DayZ server. I have double and tripple and quadrapple checked my shortcuts etc. Spent hours trying to get this beta patch to even work, tried both SixUpdater and launching through steam, any help here?

-Rem

Just bought Arma 2 CO and installed DayZ. I can join a server without error messages but when it has finished the loading screen with the tanks, another, black, loadingscreen appears. In the middle of the screens there is a loading ,,line" (sorry, i am from germany and my english isn't the best) and when the line is filled up the black screen doesn't disappear. I waited for about 30 minutes but nothing happened. I hope someone knows that problem or even better, the solution for my problem.

Hopefully,

Rabbit

I have the same issue as Dasrabbit, so am looking around for an answer and hopefull someone will post one soon if i dont find one myself!