Sign in to follow this  
nishka

New sound bug

I was at NWAF and I heard a noise coming from a certain direction. It was like *hit* *hit* *hit* like some hard object hitting asnoher hard object. I thought that maybe its the sound of using the pickaxe on the stone. So I followed the sound and when I got to a place where some rocks layed, there as no one there. No one could run that fast, because I heard the sound once more when I was approaching the site. So I figured "yeah thats another sound bug". 

But what was weird about it that it wasnt like previous can opening bug, it was coming from a certain direction, I have good headset and I could definitely telll where did it come from.

So later I heard it again but this time I knew that it must have been a bug, becuse that time there was no rock s nearby, only open fields.

After that I saw 2 players from the distance shooting a horde of zombies, but thats another story

Had the same thing with the bow..

6 of us spread over 4-5 km, all could hear it..

And it was directional.

Maybe the dedicated sound technician is testing new sounds and waiting to fix ambient sounds when the engine is more overhauled.

This is just a guess because what else could be going on at this point with sounds.