beyondbeliefs

Zombies, interface, survivability

Hello to any or to whom ever cares, I'm writing this to hopefully either repeat or make gameplay issues apparent.

Firstly the initial gameplay was fun despite it being an early release I also understand where the developers are trying to lead this game but please focus on what you have for a foundation before adding too much.  I've notice several posts saying they want hordes of zombies or simply more zombies, I certainly hope however that the dev are looking into fixing the zombie behaviours before adding any more. When I was playing it took forever to find a weapon and for some reason as soon as a zombie sees you they chase you until they literally kill you so if you get seen by a zombie with no weapon then you may as well let the zombie kill you because he wont stop chasing you till your dead. These Terry Fox running zombies cut the fun meter immediately in half. Secondly the interface is just really ugly.

Thirdly after dying several times I was finally somewhat geared the shitty part of items in the world is that there are non I had a shotgun and 9 different ammos, none for it which wasted my backpack space and finally was sniped in the leg. Personally the wipe deaths is just too much I'm not the type of player to sit in a corner and wait to snipe someone "to have fun". I find that gear such as clothing etc shouldn't be wiped from the character, the excessive realism kills it as well. (for me anyways.) Bleeding out is a ridiculous concept because there's never any bandages to be found and it takes a mere 3-4 hits to start to bleed out. Broken legs also glitches and should be removed and changed for prone position.

So regardless if anyone cares these are the opinionated issues of mine with the current gameplay . If otherwise then I guess I really have no clue where there going with this game.

Hi!

No offense meant at all but have you read any of the development news or followed the forum for very long?

The work involving the zombies in game has been laid out for us in detail and has been prioritized.

Read status reports and devtracker!

This game is going to break many times before it's complete.

If you have trouble accepting that you should come back when Beta is done.

Thanks.

Bleeding out is a ridiculous concept because there's never any bandages to be found and it takes a mere 3-4 hits to start to bleed out. Broken legs also glitches and should be removed and changed for prone position.

You know...

... you can tear T-Shirts into Rags and use it as bandage?

... you chop a stick with an axe, combine it with the same rags out of t-shirts and fix your broken leg?

It's not really difficult to avoid dying by bleeding or to fix a broken leg ^^

• Like 2

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

You can get away from zombies by breaking line of sight and getting away without reaggro just by not making a lot of noise.  You also always have your fists to dispatch zeds with a bop to the head.

Interface in most alpha games almost always changes going into beta and release.  If you have any specific feedback that would be useful, I urge you to put it in the tracker linked above.

While the sniping, banditry, or general greifing may not be your cup of tea, you can't control what others do.  It's part of the game and has been one for ages.  Just adjust accordingly to survive.

Along those lines, the permadeath and loss of gear on death has been, is, and always will be a core mechanic of the game.  It's a major part of the game that made it popular, so it won't change no matter how much you personally don't care for it.

Specifically with the bandages part, you can rip most shirts into rags to stop the bleeding.  Your spawning shirt gives you 2.

Good luck out in the wasteland.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

Hi!

No offense meant at all but have you read any of the development news or followed the forum for very long?

The work involving the zombies in game has been laid out for us in detail and has been prioritized.

Read status reports and devtracker!

This game is going to break many times before it's complete.

If you have trouble accepting that you should come back when Beta is done.

Thanks.

I figured the issues I mentioned would be looked after I did take look at the dev tracker. I also fully understand that the game is in its critical stages of development I just figured if anything this would appease myself personally writing this lol. I apologize for the extra clutter and I appreciate your response.

• Like 1

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

You can get away from zombies by breaking line of sight and getting away without reaggro just by not making a lot of noise.  You also always have your fists to dispatch zeds with a bop to the head.

Interface in most alpha games almost always changes going into beta and release.  If you have any specific feedback that would be useful, I urge you to put it in the tracker linked above.

While the sniping, banditry, or general greifing may not be your cup of tea, you can't control what others do.  It's part of the game and has been one for ages.  Just adjust accordingly to survive.

Along those lines, the permadeath and loss of gear on death has been, is, and always will be a core mechanic of the game.  It's a major part of the game that made it popular, so it won't change no matter how much you personally don't care for it.

Specifically with the bandages part, you can rip most shirts into rags to stop the bleeding.  Your spawning shirt gives you 2.

Good luck out in the wasteland.

Thank you for the tips and clarity on the aspects of the game. I guess it just takes some getting used to. looking forward to the games full development.

...for some reason as soon as a zombie sees you they chase you until they literally kill you so if you get seen by a zombie with no weapon then you may as well let the zombie kill you because he wont stop chasing you till your dead.

You can outrun zombies easily. If not you can literally box them down with your fists and if you are good(and there is no current desync/lag) you won't even get hit doing it. 1 zombie no issue. 2+ is problematic without a weapon. Which is why I often just run those off.

Secondly the interface is just really ugly.

It is huh?

Personally the wipe deaths is just too much I'm not the type of player to sit in a corner and wait to snipe someone "to have fun". I find that gear such as clothing etc shouldn't be wiped from the character...

Then don't play DayZ. Seriously, this is the main part of DayZ. When you die that character is dead and you have to start over. That is the DayZ experience and it created a new concept in FPS style games.

the excessive realism kills it as well. (for me anyways.) Bleeding out is a ridiculous concept because there's never any bandages to be found and it takes a mere 3-4 hits to start to bleed out. Broken legs also glitches and should be removed and changed for prone position.

Seriously, if you don't like having to start over and don't like needing to deal with health issues like bleeding, getting sick, broken legs, and more a SURVIVAL game isn't for you.

So regardless if anyone cares these are the opinionated issues of mine with the current gameplay . If otherwise then I guess I really have no clue where there going with this game.

You really don't have a clue. Here is the opening statement for the game.

About DayZ

DAYZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can live through powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay.

Key words:

Gritty

Authentic

Survival

You can outrun zombies easily. If not you can literally box them down with your fists and if you are good(and there is no current desync/lag) you won't even get hit doing it. 1 zombie no issue. 2+ is problematic without a weapon. Which is why I often just run those off.

It is huh?

Then don't play DayZ. Seriously, this is the main part of DayZ. When you die that character is dead and you have to start over. That is the DayZ experience and it created a new concept in FPS style games.

Seriously, if you don't like having to start over and don't like needing to deal with health issues like bleeding, getting sick, broken legs, and more a SURVIVAL game isn't for you.

You really don't have a clue. Here is the opening statement for the game.

Key words:

Gritty

Authentic

Survival

As I said, opinions, you don't have to care for them. If you read the other replies I was explained everything you just told me minus the arrogance. And again to clarify my opinion were based on clear lack of knowledge about how the game works ex: fixing legs and producing bandages. If I had known about these methods I wouldn't have mentioned it. As for the interface the blatancy of the statement I made should of clued in as obvious.

As I said, opinions, you don't have to care for them. If you read the other replies I was explained everything you just told me minus the arrogance. And again to clarify my opinion were based on clear lack of knowledge about how the game works ex: fixing legs and producing bandages. If I had known about these methods I wouldn't have mentioned it. As for the interface the blatancy of the statement I made should of clued in as obvious.

The interface isn't ugly. It isn't pretty, but that isn't the same as ugly. It's more "functional" than anything and the game is in Alpha so that is excusable. You should have seen the interface from the Mod. That was ugly and functioned poorly too.

As for the rest. My opinion stands. If you don't want gritty authentic survival then why play a game who's opening statement on the first page of their webpage states it is just that. There is no arrogance or malice in that. It's like, "If you don't enjoy watching cars drive around a track, why watch NASCAR?" There are a ton of games that don't worry about bleeding, broken bones, or finding gear. So if you find those parts annoying, go play those games. Obvious, right?

• Like 1