despair (DayZ)

Best sniping spot in Cherno?

in your opinion what is the best sniping spot in Cherno? (in terms of how much you can see, how safe that spot is, etc)

As funny as it may seem to some, I personally would not really discuss it here.

Why? Find a good spot for yourself. If you discuss every little spot here, they'll be known by the majority in no time. This is the public forum after all. One part of "survival" is also having advantages. Giving them away... well ... lowers the advantages.

• Like 4

As funny as it may seem to some' date=' I personally would not really discuss it here.

Why? Find a good spot for yourself. If you discuss every little spot here, they'll be known by the majority in no time. This is the public forum after all. One part of "survival" is also having advantages. Giving them away... well ... lowers the advantages.

[/quote']

I really don't hang out in Cherno much anymore, but this is why I stopped streaming. I like to just play with friends and have our own secret spots to loot, camp, snipe, etc from.

If you're camping up on the factory on my server you will get sniped. I hunt Cherno campers who kill noobies

This. Being on top of any building you are making yourself a primary target for other snipers and you can be sure they'll find you before you find them.

This goes for any town really, not only Cherno. Most people are stupid enough to pick spots where you can cover a lot of ground visually.

While that may even seem obvious initially, it's probably the worst thing you can do because:

a.) More ground to cover means more spots to be counter-sniped from.

b.) Less cover in general and vulnerability to random people passing by in high-traveled areas.

c.) The more targets you engage, the more you shoot. Pretty obvious ey? Then don't stay in one spot all the time after firing that .50cal for the 20th time, numbnuts! :cool:

A good spot overlooks one narrow killzone you set up, preferably with one single high-yield loot spot in the center and good overwatch (+/- 50m) to ingress&egress routes. Of course, that means you need more patience but you will stay alive. As with anything really, in order to be good you have to think out of the box.

• Like 1

The best spot is roof of the hotel, but you need a buddy to give you a lift with a heli to get there.

Over there, you can be sniped only from one spot when prone ( top of factory) - but still its ultra hard, and guys on the top are an easy target for you.

You have a clear view of East, and West part of City, docks,main road, fire station, back door of market... and so on...

Its almost impossible to get killed from the ground level, or any other place except : factory, woods in the east, radio tower to the north ( last both requires a sniper with skills to hit you from ~700m plus, and you have a cover of a small steel fence that is impenetrable even by .50 cal).

roofs are the worst possible place because even prone 9 times out of ten you're skylining yourself.

a better question would be, how shitty of a sniper do you have to be to kill weaponless noobs? That's not skill. that's just being a shithead. every time I see someone ask "where's the best place to snipe in cherno" I want to say "nowhere. If you are so cowardly that you have to pick off newbies who can't fight back, you aren't a sniper, you're a wannabe."

• Like 1

I'm not fond if the idea to go to cherno / elektro / coast to "snip sum nubs for da lulz!!11", to put it ... mildly.

Besides, that attitude will get you killed eventually.

your mums cleavage seems nice place to hide

And people say this game's community is broken beyond repair...

But yeah, everyone keep telling me you hiding spots, so I can come up behind you and hatchet you in the back, so that other people can enjoy the game by exploring towns on their first ever life.

If you are wanting to just camp and snipe players, play battlefield.

I don't think there's anything too inherently wrong in sniping Cherno, as long as you don't server hop. You balance the risk with the kills. I got 7 sniper kills there yesterday from one spot and I then moved on. I've been killed in my spot a few times before, though...

I don't think there's anything too inherently wrong in sniping Cherno' date=' as long as you don't server hop. You balance the risk with the kills. I got 7 sniper kills there yesterday from one spot and I then moved on. I've been killed in my spot a few times before, though...

[/quote']

"You balance the risk with the kills"... so you're there just to waste ammo and kill newbies, who have nothing of value to you and are no threat?

Fuck off. Kill because you are defending yourself or because you want what someone else has.

"You balance the risk with the kills"... so you're there just to waste ammo and kill newbies' date=' who have nothing of value to you and are no threat?

Fuck off. Kill because you are defending yourself or because you want what someone else has.

[/quote']

Cry more, bro. How am I wasting ammo if I'm killing people? I kill people wherever, it's what I do. If I don't wanna sit around for fucking hours waiting at Stary/the airfield I'll troll Elektro or Cherno for a bit. I like racking up my murder count. I'm a griefer, a troll and a bandit. It's what I do.

I'm not always sniping anyway, sometimes I'll just bowl around the city and then retreat to a sniper spot if I'm made (ran into a group of 3 earlier, managed to pick 2 of them off once I retreated after I put shots in with my assault rifle and got myself a vantage point; they were well kitted out so it was legit).

To reiterate: cry more. Thanks for playing.

every time I see someone ask "where's the best place to snipe in cherno" I want to say "nowhere. If you are so cowardly that you have to pick off newbies who can't fight back' date=' you aren't a sniper, you're a wannabe."

[/quote']

Haha. This. This all day erry day.

The 'best' spots aren't actually the best because they're all known and you'll get picked off yourself. Any decent sniper will move after taking a shot anyway because you're giving away your position.

Instead of just sitting in the one spot sniping whoever you see for the shit of it why not get yourself a couple of buddies... have a spotter and a looter, pick your targets more carefully and take them out for their gear.

Some people find entertainment in killing for the sake of it / griefing and each to their own I guess but meh... where's the challenge?

I must be the only person who wants to know this so I can help people out, snipe the 20 zombies chasing the newbi that does not know how to loose them yet.. or has no ammo or whatever, PVE never PVP, if you shoot at me ill shoot back you dont shoot at me I wont shoot you.

You need to weigh up risk vs how much of cherno you can see. On top of those tall buildings you can see everything, but everyone looks there. I personally don't mind the hills on the north western side of cherno.

I used to take the highest building in cherno, I think it's the factory (unlootable huge tour). And I'm quite happy with it. I get killed from time to time by other snipers in the woods near cherno but nobody in the town usually notices me even when firing. I got into an epic fight with two other guys who apparently like the same spot, I thing all three of us died up there and we were all trying to go get our stuff back so there was a massive fight at the bottom of the building ^^ I'm putting together a video of some kills from this spot, will be up soon !

Then if you have everything and really dont wanna get killed I suggest you stay in the forest near big towns. Even better park yourself above a tank station and wait for someone to come and get some gaz, then you have a kill and a vehicle :)