Dead on Arrival

Hernold the Axe Murderer

So, time for two epic fails in one thread.

Me and a friend were raiding the Balota Airfield, recently spawning after being shot by someone who claimed themselves "friendly". We had let the so called "friendly" tag along with us through the town we were looting. Meanwhile, he asked for some ammo for his gun. We were both a bit hesitant about doing so, but gave him the clip anyway. When my friend let his guard down, we were both shot and killed. Ironically, we gave him the ammo to do it.

But, back to my story. While raiding the Airfield, we decided to follow the "kill or be killed" motto. After a good few minutes of raiding, I noticed someone standing in front of me. I asked over Steam voice chat if this was my groupie. Saying no, I shot the man in front of me, his name being "Hernold". Looting the fresh kill, I saw he was only a newbie, not bearing a single weapon to actually be a threat. Moving away from Balota, me and my friend stopped, looking at our map to decide where to head. It was only after I had closed my map that my friend began yelling "I'm being hit with an axe!" To my horror, I saw my group member lying on the ground, dead. On top of him? The very same man I shot at the airfield; "Hernold". I had turned an innocent newbie in to a violent axe murderer.

I hastily began firing my AK-74, missing a decent amount of shots due to my incompetence with the weapon. Hernold, to my shock, charged at me. I continued firing, running backwards to avoid being struck with the axe. After I finally took him out, I bandaged my wounds. It then struck me.. my first murder had turned someone into a crazed, axe-wielding, maniac. And while I continued to shoot on sight, I'll never forget an important lesson I learned that day; karma is a Grade-A douche.

• Like 3

Just a question were you attacked behind the Airfield and what server was this on? because this sounds like something i did yesterday..

Haha that's great, be careful of people sneaking up on you with an axe from time to time, something I've done myself and something a friend I play with does a lot, he's fearless! Good story :). Seems that we all turn into murderers after getting 'pushed too far' by people!

• Like 1

I was attacked somewhat near the airfield' date=' and I was on the Atlanta 17 server.

[/quote']

ahh okey then it was not me have a good day :)

I am an axe murderer aswell.

Found 2 unarmed players hiding in a building.

I barbwired the door as I walked in and then chased them around for a minute or so.

Felt good.

• Like 8

I barbwired the door as I walked in and then chased them around for a minute or so.

Felt good.

I love you! :D

Felt good.

Did you gut them for meat? Oh, they not implemented it. Yet... Now we wait for the next patch :D

Felt good.

That's brilliant :D

Felt good.

Epic!! Trap them in a building, chase them around, then kill them ... AWESOME!! I now have something to aspire to.

• Like 3

people think its snipers and guys with rockets you should be afraid of... its not.. its the men with nothing to lose who have been following you for miles crawling and ducking out of your sight with their freshly found axe, nothin better than taking out snipers with an axe feelsgoodman.

• Like 1

Felt good.

There's raiding, there's banditry, there's sadism, and then there's creativity. You get points in all of those categories, and my beans.

people think its snipers and guys with rockets you should be afraid of... its not.. its the men with nothing to lose who have been following you for miles crawling and ducking out of your sight with their freshly found axe, nothin better than taking out snipers with an axe feelsgoodman.

I fucking rofled and your name topped it off XD

People like you made me to what i am in the game now. A cold blooded sniper with 12 cuts on his rifle. First i just wanted to team up this others. Now i just want to hunt others.

So, time for two epic fails in one thread.

Me and a friend were raiding the Balota Airfield, recently spawning after being shot by someone who claimed themselves "friendly". We had let the so called "friendly" tag along with us through the town we were looting. Meanwhile, he asked for some ammo for his gun. We were both a bit hesitant about doing so, but gave him the clip anyway. When my friend let his guard down, we were both shot and killed. Ironically, we gave him the ammo to do it.

But, back to my story. While raiding the Airfield, we decided to follow the "kill or be killed" motto. After a good few minutes of raiding, I noticed someone standing in front of me. I asked over Steam voice chat if this was my groupie. Saying no, I shot the man in front of me, his name being "Hernold". Looting the fresh kill, I saw he was only a newbie, not bearing a single weapon to actually be a threat. Moving away from Balota, me and my friend stopped, looking at our map to decide where to head. It was only after I had closed my map that my friend began yelling "I'm being hit with an axe!" To my horror, I saw my group member lying on the ground, dead. On top of him? The very same man I shot at the airfield; "Hernold". I had turned an innocent newbie in to a violent axe murderer.

I hastily began firing my AK-74, missing a decent amount of shots due to my incompetence with the weapon. Hernold, to my shock, charged at me. I continued firing, running backwards to avoid being struck with the axe. After I finally took him out, I bandaged my wounds. It then struck me.. my first murder had turned someone into a crazed, axe-wielding, maniac. And while I continued to shoot on sight, I'll never forget an important lesson I learned that day; karma is a Grade-A douche.

I'm willing to bet he was probably an axe murder before you killed him. lol

people underestimate the axe way too much. i have lots of axe kills. yesterday i lost a dmr, m1911, coyote pack, and gps plus assorted other goodies to a hacker mass teleport/kill. upon my respawn i found a hatchet and started toward cherno (spawned between cherno and elektro) i was in a barn on the way when someone starts taunting me over direct chat, telling me i better watch out, etc.

well, i exited into an adjacent building (the big shed kinda one that you see near barns) then left the other side and looped around in time to see a guy going into the building i had just left. i ran up behind him and planted that axe in his skull. he had a dmr, revolver, coyote pack, and various other stuff, and now i am re-geared like i was before (minus my gps)

that fool thought that just because he had guns and i didn't, that it would be a good idea to derp around in amongst buildings looking for a guy with an axe. i guess he learned better.