thickbang

Can't install Dayz Launcher

Dayz commander stopped working for me, so I saw on the forums that the fix is to switch to Dayz Launcher, but when I try to install it I get this:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Tyron\AppData\Local\Maca134\DayZLauncher.exe_Url_ko2kraly5yipi3ihxpzch3jlvbtopovi\0.0.0.6\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at DayZLauncher.Settings..ctor(MainWindow mainWindow)
   at DayZLauncher.Settings.Forge(MainWindow mainWindow)
   at DayZLauncher.MainWindow..ctor()
---------------------------

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\Tyron\AppData\Local\Maca134\DayZLauncher.exe_Url_ko2kraly5yipi3ihxpzch3jlvbtopovi\0.0.0.6\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName, Object propertyValue)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowApplicationSettings.set_Placement(Nullable`1 value)

at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowSettings.SaveWindowState()

at MahApps.Metro.Controls.WindowSettings.WindowClosing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)

at System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()

at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()

at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
OK   

I haven't found any fixes for this, and if anyone knows how I can get this working, or an alternative, that would be awesome. Thanks!

• Like 1

Please install the required Prerequisites, such as:

• C++ Prerequisites
  • ,NET Framework

You can easily find those with Google and are needed for numerous programs, so better start installing them now. :)

Alright, I have installed them. What should I do from here? And thank you for the help!  :D 

What should I do from here?

Try again?

Sorry for the necro post but Right Click on DayZ Launcher > Properties > Compatibility > Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista.

Had this error I deleted this folder and now it works (C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Maca134\DayZLauncher.exe_Url_ko2kraly5yipi3ihxpzch3jlvbtopovi\0.0.0.6 and 0.0.0.7

Im also getting this error, I've been using Dayz launcher for over a week and it's been working perfectly then all of a sudden this happened today. When I put it into windows vista mode it just asks if the app worked properly and it closes, I have NET framework and C++ installed and I don't have an AppData folder and can't find the file listed by tonk. I've reinstalled it multiple times and have gotten Code 740 error first time I try to open it and then the error in the first thread post.

dude i round out how, you uninstall the dayz launcher, then restart your computer, login, then go to C:\Users\Tom Nguyen\AppData\Local and delete the mac file, whatever the file was name, its like mac something, then go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete dayz launcher, then redownload dayz launcher, and it should work, worked for me

dude i round out how, you uninstall the dayz launcher, then restart your computer, login, then go to C:\Users\Tom Nguyen\AppData\Local and delete the mac file, whatever the file was name, its like mac something, then go to C:\Program Files (x86) and delete dayz launcher, then redownload dayz launcher, and it should work, worked for me

Topic's a year old, last reply > half a year.

Please check the dates.