grindstone50k

The West is Wild again

The west side of the map used to be the realm of the lonewolves, non-combatant explorers, and the timid. Now, it's populated again, with survivors hunting for downed helos. Today, i ran into more people between Zeleno and Vybor than I've seen in the Northeast in weeks. Granted, most of the time it's ended in death. But I love having the West side of the map being relevant again.

• Like 3

You lucky bastard! We were, just yesterday, on full Finnish server. 

We went from Polana, Guglovo,  Novy, Kabanino, NWA and Veresnik base AND...we did not see a single soul O_o.

Well we saw one freshie legging it north, perhaps to his corpse and both NWA and Veresnik was looted, so somebody was there at some point.

Still this whole 2-3 hour trip was sadly bereft of any action. But yeah, I know that DayZ is not ment to be quick fix for action junkies.

Still I hope we will see more folks west at some point.

Just this morning I got caught with my pants down at a crash site. One guy was hailing me and I threw my hands up. He wasn't aggressive but English seemed to be his second language. While we were talking (and i was trying to figure out how to flashbang him) a third party joined the meeting by opening fire on me. After I died I could hear the guy shooting his mosin at the guy who lit me up with an AK. Not sure who won.

will be wilder when they add the lever action. can't wait for it!

• Like 3

I've actually run into quite a few people in the north/west sides of the map in recent weeks.. a lot of fresh spawns around vybor especially.

My buddies and I actually found the dead body of a guy who died to a zombie (gasp!) in a red house to the south of vybor.. Never seen anyone in that town before. This guy was carrying a bunch of M4 stuff, so it looked like he had just logged in after not playing for several months. 

Hellz yeah:P

Wish they had it in bigger calibers, like 40LC or 40-75 govt

• Like 1

It's been my experience that the west is the new coast in terms of pvp skill, or at least the nwaf.  People seem to go west and get decked out in mil gear, but not know how to use it, likely because they aren't expecting to.  There's exceptions of course, but contrary to my experience in the mod where it was usually organized squads at the nwaf/north, in the SA the more organized groups seem content to camp berezino and what not.

It makes for pretty easy pickens =P

Have not see a single soul out west, just signs of people being there before me.

• Like 1

My buddies and I actually found the dead body of a guy who died to a zombie (gasp!) in a red house to the south of vybor.. Never seen anyone in that town before. This guy was carrying a bunch of M4 stuff, so it looked like he had just logged in after not playing for several months. 

I don't know why, but I found this part especially amusing :p The sad part is, you're probably right! Friends of mine that don't play as often will jump into the game several versions after the fact and complain that the zombies are too hard... while those of us who play regularly are like, "What? They're difficult? Since when?"

Play on the 'Green Mountain Sanctuary' Server, and you will see players everywhere in the west. Zelenogorsk, Vybor Military base, Vybor, Stary, NWAF and of course Green mountain always has people

Wish they had it in bigger calibers, like 40LC or 40-75 govt

45LC or 45-70 perhaps lol and i agree , love my Marlin guide model 45-70 is an awesome caliber

• Like 1

Play on the 'Green Mountain Sanctuary' Server, and you will see players everywhere in the west. Zelenogorsk, Vybor Military base, Vybor, Stary, NWAF and of course Green mountain always has people

You'll see them everywhere 'cause they're teleporting around... so many hackers on that server.

You'll see them everywhere 'cause they're teleporting around... so many hackers on that server.

Heh, I was going to point that out.  I heard about that server through a video I saw with a bunch of hackers.  The guy making the video didn't even comment on their hacking, I guess it's so common place =P

Suppose it's to be expected if you advertise your server like that.

Edited by Bororm

Heh, I was going to point that out.  I heard about that server through a video I saw with a bunch of hackers.  The guy making the video didn't even comment on their hacking, I guess it's so common place =P

Suppose it's to be expected if you advertise your server like that.

Expect glitchers and hackers in any server that advertises a "safe zone".. They see it as a challenge/easy griefing.

Eh, wilderness has been marginalized. I like that the western corridor of cities has been made more attractive.

But, the wilderness still needs work.

And I don't really see that many people out west. Once vehicles get implemented and tents are more advantageous, I suspect it'll get crowded pretty quickly.

Eh, wilderness has been marginalized. I like that the western corridor of cities has been made more attractive.

But, the wilderness still needs work.

And I don't really see that many people out west. Once vehicles get implemented and tents are more advantageous, I suspect it'll get crowded pretty quickly.

Good. :)

I can go back to defending the Zelenogorsk area against intruders.

Edited by Etherimp

everytime i play.

every damn part of chernarus.

quirra-007.JPG

Berezino

riot-rom.jpg

• Like 3

45LC or 45-70 perhaps lol and i agree , love my Marlin guide model 45-70 is an awesome caliber

Yes, thank you. Too early in the morning for typing :p

• Like 1