Sign in to follow this  
MikeReverb

Hackers & Handcuffs

I met a man in Svet who was looking for a hacker. I was just looking for a friend. He had plans with his handcuffs but I was stronger.

• Like 1

Wow. This game really defines the zombie apocalypse huh? (didn't run into a single zombie for after a minute of running around)

• Like 1

Lol. The attempt at Christopher Walkin. Its needs work. But you got the pause down. I do an ok one.

• Like 1

Haha good thing you didn't give in or he would of healed you and did weird kinky things to you....dang hackers need to stop. But you took it pretty well. LOL

• Like 1

Wow. This game really defines the zombie apocalypse huh? (didn't run into a single zombie for after a minute of running around)

There will be more than enough zombies once they become the main focus of the development, at the moment the complete items and item system are the focus, that is also one of the reasons the loot spawns so very frequently and in so many quantities.

once they become the main focus of the development

I know it's an alpha, but it's disgusting that they'd release a game, then several months later, after making zero appreciable progress (on our end) of zombies, they tell us that "Oh, well we're just going to redo the entire engine again because it can't do what we want." Why does it take them 8 months to realize that the A2.5 engine has terrible lighting? People have complained about it since day one, way even before DayZ Mod was a thing. So excuse me if I'm perfectly justified in being pissed off that they are throwing wrenches into their own machine by putting a time-delay on realizing all the flaws with ArmA rather than addressing them or, at least, clearly telling the people they sold this game to that they know all of the work they claim to be putting into the "New Engine" or "Hybrid Engine" or whatever buzz tag they use is bullshit and they're going to say, "Nah, we scrapped that work from before and we're redoing it again."

I know it's an alpha, but it's disgusting that they'd release a game, then several months later, after making zero appreciable progress (on our end) of zombies, they tell us that "Oh, well we're just going to redo the entire engine again because it can't do what we want." Why does it take them 8 months to realize that the A2.5 engine has terrible lighting? People have complained about it since day one, way even before DayZ Mod was a thing. So excuse me if I'm perfectly justified in being pissed off that they are throwing wrenches into their own machine by putting a time-delay on realizing all the flaws with ArmA rather than addressing them or, at least, clearly telling the people they sold this game to that they know all of the work they claim to be putting into the "New Engine" or "Hybrid Engine" or whatever buzz tag they use is bullshit and they're going to say, "Nah, we scrapped that work from before and we're redoing it again."

I can share your frustration. If you've developed programs you would know that if you have a broken program it's easier to just start from scratch rather then debugging and modifying the broken program. Essentially that's what they are doing, which is good in the long wrong. But the bad thing is they figured that out a bit late and caused the community to be a bit apprehensive. After all it is still Alpha and they give us the multiple warnings about it. Just keep being patient and they'll fix it. I hope it's sooner then later. 

Well, what do you expect them to do? Don't redo the engine and keep it crappy? Develop it further in a crappy system?

Christopher Walkin? Sounded more like a mixture of Borat and Stevie from Malcolm In The Middle.

• Like 1

Haha, thanks everyone. I do need to work on my Christopher Walken a bit. Him and my Morgan Freeman (who I thankfully did NOT try out in this video).