Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n (DayZ)

New CDF Gear Confirmed?

I was recently watching a Q/A thing by Sacriel42 with Chris Torchia, when they start talking about the Smersh vest, and Torchia brings up the CDF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGgv8Rt7LoQ (1:55)

He goes over the background of ArmA 2, but he also briefly mentions that they're working on more updated Chernarussian Defense Force items. Admittedly, I jizzed my violently with rabid excitement.

Now, they could add a lot of things. Here is a compilation of what I think they may be working on; 

1. PASGT Helmet

yxjmRM1.png

The primary helmet of the US armed forces until recently, and still in use with a fuckton of European countries. Basically, a less shitty looking alternative to the terribly ugly ballistic helmet we currently have. And of course, it's standard issue among the CDF.

2. Flak Jacket

r60qIqw.png

The average CDF soldier, inexplicably, carries a heavy duty Russian flak jacket. Budget problems aside (really though, how do their broke asses afford this shit?), this would be a way better alternative to the anti stab vest and the press vest. It could carry more items and blend in way better.

3. Kepi

6qBIqHJ.png

Basically, a light military cap. Could be offered in TTSKO and olive drab/grey variations, and provide a dapper cap for your dapper survivor.

4. SVD

jaCBTtw.png

Standard marksmen rifle of the Defense Forces. Rugged, reliable, and accurate. Superior in every way to the Mosin, and it'd be a damn good rifle to have. Regardless of the caliber bullshittery.

5. PKM

kJ3ce1J.png

Also standard issue among the CDF, the PKM General Purpose Machinegun. Do like the Polish, and re-chamber it for 7.62 NATO. Way better alternative to the AK drum mag, but it'd be nigh effective unless bipod deployed.

6. MASKA Helmet

fx0qth1.jpg

A rugged RU special forces helmet.  Goes perfectly with GORKA, and looks cool to boot.

7. Combat goggles

C2B76xN.jpg

Pretty much standard among every armed force these days. They're pretty much necessary, not sure why they haven't implemented yet, but it's a good time for em' to come.

8. CDF UAZ

Q1TObFs.png

For when cars do come (eventually), the UAZ is in order. Staple of the Eastern military, a lack of presence would be startling. Maybe a generic OD version, and a superior camoflauge version adorned with the glorious Chernarussian roundel.

Well, that's most everything I can think of. Pretty much everything else has been added already. Anyways, what do you guys think of the revelation? Has the time finally come, where they will stop adding generic Western tacticool operator gear? Or is that a pipe dream?

If they do, one day, the cool kids will look like this:

OlxHn4e.jpg

Instead of like these moto helmet scrubs:

5evLJ98.jpg

And yes, the CDF have an uncanny resemblance to the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Just go with it, mkay?

• Like 8

as far as I know, a SVD will 100% surely come.

the MASKA-helmet has been confirmed on twitter

and there is something in the gamefiles called "TacGoggles" 

So your assumptions are pretty much right ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

as far as I know, a SVD will 100% surely come.

the MASKA-helmet has been confirmed on twitter

and there is something in the gamefiles called "TacGoggles" 

So your assumptions are pretty much right ;)

Oh my god, YES YES YES! I just jizzed into my pants violently like the excavator of the god almighty. I had been lobbying for these helmets since the day of days!

Hopefully, they will also allow us to lower/raise the visor at our leisure.

• Like 1

Yes, yes!!! Good!!!  ArmaZ will be almost complete!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA(cough, cough, wheeze)!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yep, I was thinking about the MASKA helmet, SMERSH vest, and balaclava when I said that. Flack jacket is another thing I've thought of but we have to see how to handle it first.

I'm holding SVD until we get a working version of central loot since it would quickly become 'that gun every leet sniper wants'. Peter and I agree that sniper rifles are of the devil and need to be quite rare.

We'll probably add an MMG like PKM for mounting on vehicles when the time comes.

• Like 16

Great. Any talk about fixing desync, lag, etc? That is what I'm excited for.

I would give anything for a working silencer, anything.

I would just be happy if they could finally fix and stabilize the zombies! After all, it is called dayZ!!!

Yep, I was thinking about the MASKA helmet, SMERSH vest, and balaclava when I said that. Flack jacket is another thing I've thought of but we have to see how to handle it first.

I'm holding SVD until we get a working version of central loot since it would quickly become 'that gun every leet sniper wants'. Peter and I agree that sniper rifles are of the devil and need to be quite rare.

We'll probably add an MMG like PKM for mounting on vehicles when the time comes.

But will we be able to use the PKM without the vehicle? Otherwise it would be a useless weapon if your not in a clan or with a well known group of ppl.

Edited by Deathlove

Neat!

And yeah, I would sure like a man-portable LMG/GPMG. Installing them on vehicles would be great, but I'd rather have it be able to be used by individuals as well.

I would think that you'd go for something like a M2 or DShK if you were going for a "vehicle-mount only" type of deal.

In terms of CDF gear we need the ALICE yoke with attachable soviet pouches (maybe we could make our own out of leather??) and the Ssh68 steel pot helmet which could have different fabric covers (again, can we craft our own out of burlap and twigs??)

Vests would be 6b2 (basic) and 6b3/5 (camouflaged and more protection/some inv space). Balaclavas? Older M88 "afghanka" uniforms? On the subject of clothes, when weather is implemented perhaps winter (lined) versions of the military jackets.

And for the love of god, let us blouse our pants into boots!!

Edited by AlexLM

Some janky shit, even that "SPESHUL FARCES" helmet.

And, the game doesn't need LMGs. Realistically the level of experience required to maintain and fire an LMG begins to become prohibitive.  An individual survivor would chuck that thing in favor of the first AK/SKS he came across.

As far as that flak vest, lol. The 80s called, they want their body armor back. But it actually is a decent choice for Chernarus, though in a survival application the UK vest is far superior.

What in the game now is tacticool western operator?

How rare is rare? Because i feel like there needs to be mid ranged tier sniper rifles available besides the SVD for various jobs. Similar to Mosin but slightly better in damage or accuracy and range.

Now if you want to make an SVD ultra rare to balance this thats fine and just make the mid tier just rare in general. But again i can see why they must be made rare.

Edited by Deathlove

And, the game doesn't need LMGs. Realistically the level of experience required to maintain and fire an LMG begins to become prohibitive.  An individual survivor would chuck that thing in favor of the first AK/SKS he came across.

As far as that flak vest, lol. The 80s called, they want their body armor back. But it actually is a decent choice for Chernarus, though in a survival application the UK vest is far superior.

Hey its whoever wants the choice for lugging one around. I dont think we should limit the game based off of these factors. However I think with weapons like this is where the STRONGEST factor into a weight system would go as well as health lvl even.

Lets even go as far as saying fractured arms and legs would make carrying a weapon like this a death sentence.

Edited by Deathlove

This is extremely encouraging in that it seems the devs haven't forgotten what could make this game great and what is currently ruining it.

/giggle

What do you mean by "janky shit"?

And the game doesn't need assault rifles. Or anything really. So what's your point?

And, luckily... the game isn't attempting to be 100% realistic. Aaaaand it really isn't rocket science to fire, load, and clean a LMG. Hence why uninitiated/average human beings have been doing so since they were invented.

I don't know what in the game is "tacticool western operator" either.

As opposed to what, an "Eastern" operator?

aLnUTrI.jpg

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

Lets hope we can wear MASKA helmet with gas mask..

I might finally abandon my motorbike helmet then.

I geeked out when you started talkingg about the ArmA campaign. It's a shame no one ever played them.

• Like 2

More military uniforms :/

More civilian clothing : /

Yes, yes!!! Good!!!  ArmaZ will be almost complete!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA(cough, cough, wheeze)!!!!!!

Yes, your tears are delicious.

Besides, the majority of clothes are civilian. I'm at a lost as to why you all cry every time anything vaguely military gets brought up. What, does all military hardware magically vanish when the apocalypse hits?

Doubt it.

• Like 3

Besides, the majority of clothes are civilian. I'm at a lost as to why you all cry every time anything vaguely military gets brought up. What, does all military hardware magically vanish when the apocalypse hits?

Doubt it.

Have you ever read my post? Im PRO MILITARY dude. DID YOU EVEN READ THE THING I PUT ABOUT MORE SNIPER RIFLES AND LMGS?

Had to put this in cap so you'd understand. XD

I also just linked a new weapon that i would like to see for entry sniping. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181929-what-clothing-setweapons-would-you-add-if-you-could/page-14

Edited by Deathlove

Doubt it.

Though I disagree with your characterization of anything, really, in DayZ being "western tacticool," (partially because "tacticool" is the n-word of firearms, and, partly because I don't see anything wrong with being an "operator" no matter where one comes from) yes, the unreasonable discrimination against "military" gear does not stop.

• Like 2

/giggle

What do you mean by "janky shit"?

And the game doesn't need assault rifles. Or anything really. So what's your point?

And, luckily... the game isn't attempting to be 100% realistic. Aaaaand it really isn't rocket science to fire, load, and clean a LMG. Hence why uninitiated/average human beings have been doing so since they were invented.

I don't know what in the game is "tacticool western operator" either.

As opposed to what, an "Eastern" operator?

The operator comment is in reply to OP.

When was the last time you used an LMG as a primary weapon for a significant period of time?

partially because "tacticool" is the n-word of firearms

This made me laugh pretty damn hard. XD

• Like 2